(D11, EA) The Topaz and the Chrysanthemum (Special Event)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Seppun Yuzu

Re: (D11, EA) The Topaz and the Chrysanthemum (Special Event)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:24 pm

The young Seppun turns to Soyokaze and provides a stiff bow, stating, "Asahina-san honors me with his decision. I am grateful."

He turns to Reina, and provides another deep bow.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:35 pm

Reina bows to Yuzu as deeply as her charge did.

The judges reaction was...mixed. Katsuteru was satisfied with the result. Zang was perhaps a little disappointed to not get to see the Topaz Champion duel. Oharu was....a lot harder to read.

"So it is witnessed, so it is judged. The matter is resolved." Oharu states for those gathered, bringing the matter to a close.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:41 pm

Well. Maybe one of them learned a lesson about pride. Not sure it's the right one, though.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:42 pm

Soyokaze turned to face his champion. "I am terribly sorry to have dragged you into this, that it took me so long to realize what I needed to do. I have stained your honor and legacy with my actions, if there is anything I can do to make amends for this speak and I will act without hesitation." He bowed just as low to her as he had the Seppun.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:57 pm

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:42 pm
Soyokaze turned to face his champion. "I am terribly sorry to have dragged you into this, that it took me so long to realize what I needed to do. I have stained your honor and legacy with my actions, if there is anything I can do to make amends for this speak and I will act without hesitation." He bowed just as low to her as he had the Seppun.
Reina looked mildly embarrassed by the Asahina's words.

"The Crane stand as one Asahina-san," she said gently. "Our victories, our defeats, all who bear the mon of the Crane are representative of and represented by the other. All I can ask is that you remember that, and act accordingly."
Crane Clan * Topaz Champion * Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Those we help this season will help us next season."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:01 pm

Yuzu's eyes watch Reina in slow motion as she passes her wisdom to Soyokaze, since, well, that was exactly what Yuzu would say... If he would be a Crane. Coincidence, he thinks. Perhaps just pure admiration and a big splash of hubris.

When reality hits back on his head, he catches himself staring. He deflects that by turning to the judges and providing a final bow to leave the ring.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:02 pm

Soyokaze bowed to his superior's wisdom and then approached his friend. "Raizo-san I am likewise sorry to have brought you into this but I have one last favor to ask of you. Per the mandates of this duel I am no longer permitted to court Oubaihime-san, that's what this was all about and she does not know. it will take me some time before I can look her in the eye without... Can you carry this news to her for me and tell her I am sorry? I will be returning to my forge, I still need to finish Aimi-san's request and I have nothing but time now to focus on that."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:06 pm

Raizo quirked an eyebrow.

"And if she courts you, Soyokaze-san?"
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:16 pm

Soyokaze's look grew grave. "I cannot stop that but I likewise cannot reciprocate. She has Murato-san, he needs to be there for her. This was the only way I could think of to save this situation even a little, she still has my heart and always will and I cannot predict what the matchmakers will decide but...I think it would be better for her if she never met me. Murato-san and I are not the only ones who look at her favorably but he is the best of us, it should be him."
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:28 pm

Raizo didn't lower his voice.

"Based on my conversations with her, that's not at all what she thinks."
Remember to Breathe