(D11, EA) The Topaz and the Chrysanthemum (Special Event)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: (D11, EA) The Topaz and the Chrysanthemum (Special Event)

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:50 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:38 am
Raizo shrugged.

"Depends on how she hears about it."
"I didn't tell her, I though we could do this quietly. I'm screwed."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:17 am

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:50 am
"I didn't tell her, I though we could do this quietly. I'm screwed."
"Now, now. Don't underestimate her capacity for forgiveness. You just might have to take a few pained, understanding glances first."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:29 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:30 am
The dojo has been purified and the ring had been drawn for a duel. Before the ring stood the panel of three judges: Doji Oharu, Shika Zang, and Shika Katsuteru. There they awaited the participatns of the duel for the official declaration to begin the proceedings.
Yuzu arrives into the dojo wearing his most formal and blessed attire. The impeccable nine folds of his hakama have been hand ironed nearly the whole night before he went to sleep. The fabric is quite perfumed, too –– thanks to a special care.

His expression is neutral as he enters the grounds, announcing himself out loud, as is tradition, and bowing to the kamiza. "Good afternoon, minna-sama. Seppun Yuzu, Governor of Chisei. Please, treat me kindly."

Then, he proceed to the judges, and provides a bow to each one of them. In order of status. He repeats the words above once again. Now at a lower tone of voice.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:29 pm

The judges return the Seppun's bows and bid him take his place.

Finally, Kakita Reina enters the dojo. Throughout the miai, she's smiled often, and encouraged others as they face these trials together. Today, there are no smiles or encouragement, just an iron On locked into position.

"Kakita Reina, champion of Asahina Soyokaze," she announces herself bowing to the judges.

At least no smiles from Reina. There is a small self-satisified smile from Ohau, but certainly not an encouraging one. Reina is bowed to, and bidden to take her place.
Crane Clan * Topaz Champion * Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Those we help this season will help us next season."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:32 pm

Yuzu does as instructed, and takes his place. He nearly skips a beat as he moves his eyes to Reina...

But his training takes control, and his fierce eyes lock with hers.

The boy provides a deep bow, saying, "Onegaishimasu!"
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:35 pm

Oharu addresses the assemblage.

"We are gathered here today because a dispute has arisen that can only be judged by the Heavens. A duel to first strike shall be the Heaven's voice, and myself, Shika Zang, and Shika Katsuteru shall listen to Heaven's voice and render it's verdict. Once the judgement is rendered, the matter will be concluded with the finality that only the Heavens can grant, and both parties shall abide by it's judgement lest they bring shame to their entire family line."

He turns to Yuzu.

"Seppun Yuzu, Governor of Chisei. As you are the challenger, please state the nature of the dispute to be judged, and confirm your willingness to continue and to abide by Heaven's judgement." he prompted.
Crane Clan * Emerald Magistrate * Lame

"While the yoirki chase him down, why don't we talk a little bit about what happened and what will happen?"

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:59 pm

"I, Seppun Yuzu, Governor of Chisei, stand here under the light of Heavens to request that honor is satisfied with justice. I have been offended, twice, by Asahina Soyokaze-san. At the first slight, he falsely apologized, since when he beseeched me to issue an act of honor by his part, he denied it when I turned my back. At the second slight, Asahina-san treated me as a simple brute, asking to injure him to avoid the punishment he initially requested me to offer. A bargain that no samurai should consider. I am gravely offended by it. "

He looks to Soyokaze. "If Heavens grant me their light, I reinforce the fulfillment of the act of honor that was issued. That Asahina Soyokaze-san apologizes, and stops seeking out his... selfish... love endeavour... in such a... shameful way, in respect to the many the participants of this miai."

Looking back to the judges, he mentions, "As honor demands, I would issue an opportunity for the offender to do so now, before blades are drawn."

Then, he bows, respectfully.
DescriptionTheme

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:21 pm

There was no reaction from the judges at the Seppun's statement save a simple nod.

"I call upon the challenged, Asahina Soyokaze, to reply to this challenge before all assembled and to confirm his resolve to see this matter answered within the duel." Oharu said.

It was the very last off-ramp. With the Seppun not withdrawing his challenge, if Soyokaze didn't back down and apologize to the Seppun, the duel would proceed.
Crane Clan * Emerald Magistrate * Lame

"While the yoirki chase him down, why don't we talk a little bit about what happened and what will happen?"

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:57 pm

And then it happened. Since arriving he had felt of balance, he had prayed and worked he had tried everything he could but he felt lost the whole time he was at the Miai. Then he finally found his center. People forget that Isawa Asahina was once a violent man and while tame in comparison that same aspect had infected Asahina Soyokaze. He closed his eyes and exhaled and the anger left with it.

He turned to face the young lord and bowed, placing his forehead on the ground. “I concede.”

He ended his bow and looked Seppun Yuzu in the eye just long enough to convey the honesty in his eyes before casting his sight downward. “I have erred greatly in my judgement and I beg your forgiveness. I will immediately begin to abide by your previous request of me. I have allowed my inner fire to cloud my judgement and have stained my honor in the process. I accede to the Seppun’s wisdom on this matter and will strive to better emulate his example.”
Last edited by Asahina Soyokaze on Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:02 pm

Well, there it is. Not sure this duel was at all sane, and Soyokaze's really got to get a grip, but ol' Yuzu the Boy Wonder over there would have woken up in a latrine if he'd ever had to serve with... well.

Me.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe