(D11, EA) The Topaz and the Chrysanthemum (Special Event)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Saibankan

(D11, EA) The Topaz and the Chrysanthemum (Special Event)

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:30 am

The dojo has been purified and the ring had been drawn for a duel. Before the ring stood the panel of three judges: Doji Oharu, Shika Zang, and Shika Katsuteru. There they awaited the participatns of the duel for the official declaration to begin the proceedings.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Shiba Raizo

Re: (D11, EA) The Topaz and the Chrysanthemum (Special Event)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:42 am

Raizo- carrying Soykaze's letter in hand- put in an appearance. He was dressed in his traveling attire, with his daisho at his hip.

"Your pardons, minna-sama. I have been asked to stand as witness, but I will defer to your judgment if my presence is not... proper."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:49 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:42 am
Raizo- carrying Soykaze's letter in hand- put in an appearance. He was dressed in his traveling attire, with his daisho at his hip.

"Your pardons, minna-sama. I have been asked to stand as witness, but I will defer to your judgment if my presence is not... proper."
Oharu nodded.

"You are welcome to serve as witness, Shiba-san." he said.
Crane Clan * Emerald Magistrate * Lame

"While the yoirki chase him down, why don't we talk a little bit about what happened and what will happen?"

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:50 am

Raizo simply bowed, and then made to stand well out of the judges' line of sight.

He generally regarded duels as stupid- they were usually unfair fights dressed up as fair fights, so he found them incredibly dishonest- but he also knew that that was the sort of opinion you kept to yourself.
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:12 am

Asahina Soyokaze bowed and entered the dojo wearing the same ceremonial robes of white and blue that he had worn at the Miai's opening ceremony, they had served him well then and he hoped that luck would hold. he had not expected three judges but considering the whispers and looks he had been getting all day he figured the secret was out. Had someone read one of his letters or had Murato betrayed his trust he wasn't sure yet. he approached the judges dais and bowed low and did immediately rise

"Emerald Magistrate Doji Oharu-sama, Castellan Shika Katsuteru-sama, Sensei Shika Zang-sama fortunes blessings upon you all this day and thank you for adjudicating this matter."

He held the bow, waiting for them to address or dismiss him, a litany of prayers racing through his mind foremost among them a prayer that she not be here to witness this.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shika Zang

Post by Shika Zang » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:17 am

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:12 am
Asahina Soyokaze bowed and entered the dojo wearing the same ceremonial robes of white and blue that he had worn at the Miai's opening ceremony, they had served him well then and he hoped that luck would hold. he had not expected three judges but considering the whispers and looks he had been getting all day he figured the secret was out. Had someone read one of his letters or had Murato betrayed his trust he wasn't sure yet. he approached the judges dais and bowed low and did immediately rise

"Emerald Magistrate Doji Oharu-sama, Castellan Shika Katsuteru-sama, Sensei Shika Zang-sama fortunes blessings upon you all this day and thank you for adjudicating this matter."

He held the bow, waiting for them to address or dismiss him, a litany of prayers racing through his mind foremost among them a prayer that she not be here to witness this.
The three bowed in turn, as they were called upon.

"Welcome Asahina-san," said Zang. "Just make yourself comfortable over there on that side of the ring while we wait for your champion and your opponent."
Deer Clan * Speardancer *Sensei

""I am Shika Zang! Come and face me in the bout of death and life!"

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:32 am

"Yes Master Sensei." He ended his bow and moved to the side as instructed, approaching his friend.
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:50 am
He bowed to the Phoenix. "Thank you for agreeing to be here Raizo-san, the drinks will be on me tonight."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:34 am

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:32 am
"Yes Master Sensei." He ended his bow and moved to the side as instructed, approaching his friend.
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:50 am
He bowed to the Phoenix. "Thank you for agreeing to be here Raizo-san, the drinks will be on me tonight."
Raizo returned the bow.. and half-smiled.

"Could we make it tea? I've had more sake in the past ten days than in the previous ten months..."
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:37 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:34 am
Raizo returned the bow.. and half-smiled.

"Could we make it tea? I've had more sake in the past ten days than in the previous ten months..."
"Anything you wish, well, anything Reina-sama wishes if she is willing to talk to me after this." He swallowed hard. "So do you think she will forgive me for this?" He clearly wasn't talking about the Kakita.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:38 am

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:37 am
"Anything you wish, well, anything Reina-sama wishes if she is willing to talk to me after this." He swallowed hard. "So do you think she will forgive me for this?" He clearly wasn't talking about the Kakita.
Raizo shrugged.

"Depends on how she hears about it."
Remember to Breathe