[D10LA] I'll make a war... a survivor out of you (Expecting)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Moto Mitsuki

[D10LA] I'll make a war... a survivor out of you (Expecting)

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:34 pm

Mitsuki wasn't sure what the Seppun had been up to, but they had apparently managed to put themselves in one, or maybe several, situations propitious for bodily harm. Slightly concerned, Mitsuki had invited them to join her for her training today.

From the sumai event, she knew the astrologer had the good reflexes to soften her fall when getting thrown, but that was only the first step in the art of not dying.

While waiting for them, she was practicing her kata. No shield shenanigan today, just a normal samurai, with a normal kimono, a normal bun, and no facepaint, striking through the air with her bokken.
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Seppun Unsei

Re: [D10LA] I'll make a war... a survivor out of you (Expecting)

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:16 pm

Unsei knew well that they were about to get their ass handed to them. Not by the Moto, but by the massive shitstorm they had created for themself. So, overall, everything was going about normal.

When they showed up to the dojo, it took them a moment to actually find Mitsuki. They had been looking for the face paint, but when it wasn't there... it lead to a lot of questions, none of which they'd actually ask.

"Hello, Moto-san. I admit, I'm a bit curious as to why you invited me here today. " They said before bowing politely.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:36 pm

"Seppun-sama."

Mitsuki stopped the kata and rested the bokken on her shoulder.

"Well, the public rumor is that you're on the lookout for a bodyguard. The reasons for that are unknown to me, and I don't really need to know them if you rather kept them for yourself. However, I thought you might appreciate a little bit of training in the art of avoiding punches, kicks, projectiles and blades. Could make the difference if whatever you're worried about was to materialize."
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:53 pm

"Huh? No I'm not. If you're talking about the rumor today, that's because when I trained with the Shika students yesterday, I may have made friends with one of them. The training was guarding ones charge, with me being the charge, and one of the students told me she'd protect me with her life. Things escalated from there and I may or may not have sworn that if she was so focused on being my yojimbo that I'd do what I could to get promoted to a position which would grant me a yojimbo." They paused for a moment. "I may or may not be planning to go to her gempukku ceremony, too. Also a few other things, too."

"Ah, but uh... I'm not against learning more martial skills, either."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:25 pm

"On one hand I'm reassured. On the other...

You've met a person for like two hours and you more or less adopted her? Remind me to keep you away from stray cats or dogs or you will end up with a menagerie before the end of this miai.

Training is never lost in all cases. When was the last time you extensively revised your defensive moves?"

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:28 pm

"I love easily, okay. It's both a bad and good trait to have and it's not my fault." They grumbled, now swearing to not let Mitsuki see the duckling they had adopted days before.

"Anyway, last time I tried to train was about... yesterday. With the students. And the day before that, but then Shosuro-san was an asshole and I threw him across the room."

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:39 pm

"The Shosuro is an asshole, on that I agree, but I'm curious how you threw him. Judo toss? Open palm strike? Leg sweep and throw?

He definitely doesn't look as hard to punch around as the Asahina giant, but he is supposed to be a trained warrior after all."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:41 pm

"Air kami." They answered simply.

"Might've also swept up a lot of people in the dojo, too. And the weapon racks. And... yeah."

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:00 pm

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

Well, can't help you train with that directly. But exercises about getting away and staying out from an opponent's reach seem like a good complement. If you're too far from them to hit you but they're close enough for your magic to strike them, victory is around the corner.

Which difficulty would you want to begin with? Easy mode: Getting out of punch range. Medium mode: Sword range. Hard mode: Bringing out the spear."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:07 pm

"Um... I guess.... easy mode? I've gotten better and know a decent bit about hitting things with a stick, but dodging the sticks and punches? Not so much. I mean, I know how to do it, but not do it well, you know?"