[Day 10, Late Morning] Firebird (Open)

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 10, Late Morning] Firebird (Open)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:26 am

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:57 am
"A... comfortable hate?" The sparrow's face shows some confusion, for some time. "I mean... knowing what the job entails, I certainly understand not enjoying it. Or part of it. But... comfortable?"
"You get used to it. You learn the rules, and you live by them, even though the whole business is miserable. And sometimes you do something worthwhile, and laugh it off like you do everything else. And the shared experiences build bonds. You learn a kind of extra language, a way of speaking."

He frowned.

"And as Tessho says, the longer you do it, the less use you are for anything else."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:54 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:26 am
"You get used to it. You learn the rules, and you live by them, even though the whole business is miserable. And sometimes you do something worthwhile, and laugh it off like you do everything else. And the shared experiences build bonds. You learn a kind of extra language, a way of speaking."

He frowned.

"And as Tessho says, the longer you do it, the less use you are for anything else."
Some silence again, then he finally nods, testing some shifting movement with his feet, which he apparently finds harder than what he's used to.

"I guess I understand. But then... I wonder how different it is from other duties. Less bloodshed is..."

His usual smile is definitely broken this time, if only for just a moment.

"Well, there are different things different people find miserable, I suppose. But in getting used to your activities, learning specific ways of talking and being, having better and worse days and..." A silent laugh "well, being worse at other things as you become better at what you do. I suppose that's a more general thing?"

He attempts a strike with the polearm against the man's side, with a front step that's supposed to be quick... but isn't that much.

"And then... Does Shiba-san feel you'd be less often miserable, or more often pleased, if your lot in life was another one?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:03 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:54 pm
Some silence again, then he finally nods, testing some shifting movement with his feet, which he apparently finds harder than what he's used to.

"I guess I understand. But then... I wonder how different it is from other duties. Less bloodshed is..."

His usual smile is definitely broken this time, if only for just a moment.

"Well, there are different things different people find miserable, I suppose. But in getting used to your activities, learning specific ways of talking and being, having better and worse days and..." A silent laugh "well, being worse at other things as you become better at what you do. I suppose that's a more general thing?"

He attempts a strike with the polearm against the man's side, with a front step that's supposed to be quick... but isn't that much.

"And then... Does Shiba-san feel you'd be less often miserable, or more often pleased, if your lot in life was another one?"
Raizo neatly stepped back, not expending an ounce more energy than he had to.

"No idea. I just know that I'd like a chance to find out."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe