(D10 EA) Swimming in Sweat

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D10 EA) Swimming in Sweat

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:50 pm

He nodded at the statement of the practicality of taint concerns.

"I have been meeting with other candidates. Primarily Kaito Oubaihime, but some others. But also coming to terms with thoughts and feelings that have been... upsetting. It has been relatively difficult in some respects but enlightening in others," he says with a nod. He couldn't speak of Yasu. Not with Tanabe. He wanted them to be happy together and if she hadn't mentioned him he was not going to throw problems in the mix.

"It's hard to have feelings that are inappropriate to act on. And even harder when you find yourself drawn to someone that feels strongly for another," he admits. "The exercise and practice helps distract from that honestly."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:38 pm

Tanabe listened to Murato and nodded he was silent for a few moments as he continued to work before he paused in the up position and then walked his legs up and folded them holding his body up by his arms for a moment before he came to rest in a sitting position. "Yasu-san told me what happened Murato-san." He said simply with a light and friendly tone. There was no aggression or displeasure in his voice.

"I appreciate how much you seem to respect her wishes, I know it couldn't have been easy." He paused chewing his lip a little "and I only wish I had known sooner so that I could have been more careful with my words." He said with a small amount of guilt "me talking about her or seeing us together can't have made it easier and...I know we haven't known eachother long or been particularly deep but I think of you as a friend Murato-san. I guess I'm just glad this didn't come between us. That was very mature of you to not let it affect whatever this is." He spoke softly and made a hand motion between the two of them.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:54 pm

He nods at that. "You have no need to apologize. And as a person hoping to have something like the two of you have... it would be cruel of me to try and get in the way of it," he says with a sad smile. "There are innumerable paths we may find ourselves walking. Mine... has been brighter for the time I've gotten to know both of you. Even if it may not be as bright as I may have hoped for a week ago. But I have two excellent friends instead of one love. So it's a fair trade."

He continues pushing.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:46 am

Tanabe nodded, Murato seemed to have thought it out and the big Otter was many things but he wasn't one to pry into an issue that seemed settled.

He got back into position and resumed the work out "So this Kaito she is the one you've been spending the most time with yeah? How are things going there?" Tanabe was vaguely away of the shrine maiden but she seemed to meek for his tastes.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:21 am

"She is wonderful," he says. "I am not the only man courting her, but she has no Otter sumai champions impressing her so I stand a chance," he says with a chuckle. "We grow closer, each day. I learn a bit more about her. She's got the kindest demeanor and spirit I've ever known, but still the skills and heart of a warrior."

He pushes some more, still at that patchwork pace. Doing one to three pushups then taking a small break. But he is careful not to rest his knees or chest on the floor.