(D10 EA) Swimming in Sweat

Home of the Shika Speardancers
Kitsu Murato

(D10 EA) Swimming in Sweat

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:03 pm

Murato found himself working out in the dojo, going through calisthenic exercises. Push ups at the moment. Sweat drips from his brow to the floor.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Susaki Tanabe

Re: (D10 EA) Swimming in Sweat

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:26 pm

Tanabe was often in the dojo if he wasn't with Yasu or balancing a ball on his nose for the Deer. He came in today seeing it occupied by a familiar Lion.

"Murato-san! Good to see you working hard!" He exclaimed as he watched the Kitsu work out. He moved further in and discarded his kimono in the corner the garment too restrictive for intense work outs for his taste

"mind if I join you?" He asked as he began lightly stretching.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:33 pm

"Absolutely join me, Tanabe-san," he says at the paused peak of an up. "I could use the inspiration. Maybe some day I can get arms strong enough to crush a boulder like you."

He smiled at that and began once again. His own shirtless form was not that of a paper pusher. He had become more toned than his covered body had suggested earlier in the miai, stronger definition that suggested improvement in general fitness and wrestling capabilities. He also had a myriad of very strange scars from wounds that were not made by steel or fist.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:11 am

Tanabe laughed again as he got into position to join Murato in his push ups. He had a few scars of his own but most seemed to be more mundane in nature cuts and stab healed over most just lines of lighter skin contrasted against his tan.

"Your body is showing the progress of your dedication Murato-san. If you keep this up when you return home you may one day be able to best even me." He grinned to the Lion as he worked

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:20 am

"That would require you slowing down. I suspect that won't happen any time soon," he said with a breathy chuckle.

He paused for a rest, holding in the up position.

"But yeah, I have been pushing a bit. Last time I was in an unarmed fight for my life I was lucky to have people there to back me up. I'd been meaning to practice more but I never have the time back home."

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:33 am

"You're right about that." The big Otter said with a toothy grin as he moved through the exercise with a steady measured pace up and down like a machine the muscles in his arm and chest more apparent and defined with use.

He looks up at the Lion while he continues "What's the story there? If you don't mind. Seems odd for a bureaucrat and spirit seer to be in a life or death hand to hand fight."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:43 am

"Spirits don't usually use weapons. And my blade wasn't ready. To be fair, I'm not sure being well trained likely wouldn't have helped too much. The thing was probably a foot taller than Asahina Bo. Arms long enough to hold me to the ground while only bending a little at the knees. And it's touch was literal fire," he explained.

"And I was the only one that could see it. So I just had to let it get hands on me so the priests knew where to aim."

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:39 am

Tanabe hissed through his teeth at the story "Yeah I likely wouldn't want to fight such a thing with just my hands either, especially since I wouldn't even be able to see it. The Kitsu are lucky to have such a talent among them. Probably comes in handy really often." he said continuing the reps taking small breaks every ten or so

"I have heard legend of Crab and Badger who could fight supernatural things with just their fists but it sounds pretty far fetched.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:54 am

"It sounds like Hida Kisada could, but he has more sense than to try from the stories about him," he says with a smile, starting his reps again. Much slower now, and needing more pauses.

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:07 pm

A short chuckle "hah yes I'm sure he could! But my understanding is going toe to toe with things like that is bad. Much more likely to get corrupted and such." Tanabe having stared later and more used to this conditioning kept his steady pace though sweat was starting to bead on his brow from the work.

"So how have the days been finding you Murato-san? What have you been up to besides getting into proper shape?" He asked with a grin.