(D9, ME) A Glimpse of Yomi by Asahina Osamu (Play)

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Shiba Raizo

Re: (D9, ME) A Glimpse of Yomi by Asahina Osamu (Play)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:03 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:59 pm
"Do you feel less enthusiastic then Shiba-sama? Kami knows you are a paragon of enthusiasm" Emiko looked at the man with a smile
"No 'sama' here, Usogawa-san, remember? Unless you want it in light of your station... anyway. But just because I'm rather... grounded doesn't mean I can't have the odd flight of fancy. And besides. After getting everyone's hopes and passions stirred up over the last eight days, maybe they felt a need to apply a check to the momentum..."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:05 am

After finally missing a play the day before, Senseki arrives reasonably on time for today's piece. Another Crane play was hardly a surprise - but surprise or not, a play about dreams had a good chance of being a good one. And also... he wondered who would it be about, this time. His previous conversations with Yasu left him thinking quite a bit about representations of the different folks of the Empire, and he hoped there might be another lesson on that - which was, after all, a lesson on stories - to be learned today.

That all going through his mind, he kept, as usual, mostly quiet, looking for a place more or less at the back of the theatre - but open to join others if they came towards him.

As the play unfolded, he fell into an even deeper state of reflection. The story made him think about the conversation he had with the monk in the morning, in fact... what was story, what dream, what reality?

Was there a reality where the Yogo was happy? And... her was not being happy the way she somehow betrayed the medic, as the Yogo were famed to do with their most loved ones?

That this was a Crane play about the Scorpion certainly played a role... but what role? And how did that relate to the relation between story, dream and reality?

There was definitely much to think about...

OOC:
Please PM if approached!

EDIT: Just saw the story! Adding something related to that
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:43 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:03 pm
"No 'sama' here, Usogawa-san, remember? Unless you want it in light of your station... anyway. But just because I'm rather... grounded doesn't mean I can't have the odd flight of fancy. And besides. After getting everyone's hopes and passions stirred up over the last eight days, maybe they felt a need to apply a check to the momentum..."
"Hai, however I feel there is a better way to do it than like this. It seems..." Emiko frowned and shook her head "I'm sure they knew what they were doing. Did you enjoy it at least Shiba-san?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:54 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:43 pm
"Hai, however I feel there is a better way to do it than like this. It seems..." Emiko frowned and shook her head "I'm sure they knew what they were doing. Did you enjoy it at least Shiba-san?"

"Nope. Hard to enjoy being actively reminded of how... unfair life can be. Again, if I wanted that, I could just look around. I suppose somewhere there's somebody who finds the whole thing terribly romantic, but I'm a bit too simple to see it that way."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:25 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:05 am
-snip-
"Suzume-san. Happy to see you here. I hope Inari-kami has been kind." The young Imperial bows to the Sparrow. "What do you think of the piece?"
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:57 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:25 pm
Suzume Senseki wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:05 am
-snip-
"Suzume-san. Happy to see you here. I hope Inari-kami has been kind." The young Imperial bows to the Sparrow. "What do you think of the piece?"
"It has, Seppun-sama", he answered with a low bow. "I hope they have been kind to you as well." He still seems thoughtful, and it takes him some time to say something about the play. "It is... beautiful, in a sad way, ne? It... reminds me of something my grandmother said about 'impermanence'..."

"But... What did you think of it, Seppun-sama? I'm certain Seppun-sama's knowledge would have much to add to my understanding of it, ne?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:07 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:57 pm
"It has, Seppun-sama", he answered with a low bow. "I hope they have been kind to you as well." He still seems thoughtful, and it takes him some time to say something about the play. "It is... beautiful, in a sad way, ne? It... reminds me of something my grandmother said about 'impermanence'..."

"But... What did you think of it, Seppun-sama? I'm certain Seppun-sama's knowledge would have much to add to my understanding of it, ne?"
"Suzume-san flatters me. I am much younger than Suzume-san and the Sparrow are the ones famed to know about stories and their meaning." He looks at the stage and mentions, "I found it rather worrisome. It, again, deals with treatment to one's spouse in a potentially dishonorable way."

--
Returning the favor to the Sparrow's compliment, and trying to find insight to the future. Blessed lineage. | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image
+2 Side Goal
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:33 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:07 pm
"Suzume-san flatters me. I am much younger than Suzume-san and the Sparrow are the ones famed to know about stories and their meaning." He looks at the stage and mentions, "I found it rather worrisome. It, again, deals with treatment to one's spouse in a potentially dishonorable way."
"Oh, but our stories and the complex plays of the Crane and Scorpion, and of the Imperials themselves, are hardly the same thing, ne?" he says as he nods humbly. He raises his eyes slightly to the Imperial after that, though.

"But... do you feel the play places treatment to spouses dishonourably, Seppun-sama? The Yogo author's initial approach to life, and her romances, I can see, but... the way the play unfolds, does Seppun-sama also feel it places marriage in a bad light?"