(D9, ME) A Glimpse of Yomi by Asahina Osamu (Play)

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Saibankan

(D9, ME) A Glimpse of Yomi by Asahina Osamu (Play)

Post by Saibankan » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:36 am

Be it the weather, the earlier eclipse, or the play itself, the theater opens on a more somber tone this evening, as various guests seek out a glimpse of Yomi.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Shiba Raizo

Re: (D9, ME) A Glimpse of Yomi by Asahina Osamu (Play)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:17 am

Now what?
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:13 am

The lanterns are dimmed and the play begins!

A Glimpse of Yomi by Asahina Osamu

Yogo Yukiyo, a successful author of pillow books detailing her multiple romances (anonymously of course) had never wished for a serious relationship. However, when she contracts a mysterious illness, she is placed under the care of Soshi Gesshin, a skilled medic and shugenja. Despite not wanting to, she slowly finds herself falling for him, even as her health deteriorates. The play ends with her death, and Gesshin finding her last unfinished work, 'A Glimpse of Yomi' where she writes of a miraculous recovery and a marriage to Gesshin that will never be.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:12 am

Well. That was fucking depressing.
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:20 am

Like all previous nights, the little Otter had arrived to watch the play with a curious expression. The Asahina were a family close to her heart, and she was confident they would create something more fitting for the occasion!
A Glimpse of Yomi by Asahina Osamu wrote:Yogo Yukiyo, a successful author of pillow books detailing her multiple romances (anonymously of course) had never wished for a serious relationship. However, when she contracts a mysterious illness, she is placed under the care of Soshi Gesshin, a skilled medic and shugenja. Despite not wanting to, she slowly finds herself falling for him, even as her health deteriorates. The play ends with her death, and Gesshin finding her last unfinished work, 'A Glimpse of Yomi' where she writes of a miraculous recovery and a marriage to Gesshin that will never be.
...I was wrong. That was really depressing. Why would anyone think this is appropriate?!

Emiko was shocked to see such a play written by an Asahina of all people.

(ooc - quote to approach)
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:24 am

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:20 am
(ooc - quote to approach)
Raizo spotted the Otter and favored her with a nod... and a sardonic expression.

"Looks like Asahina Osama fancies tragedy. Personally, I see enough of that in real life, eh Usogawa-san?"
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:56 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:24 am
Raizo spotted the Otter and favored her with a nod... and a sardonic expression.

"Looks like Asahina Osama fancies tragedy. Personally, I see enough of that in real life, eh Usogawa-san?"
Emiko looked up and smiled at the Phoenix before bowing.

"Good evening Shiba-sama, I hope you are well?"

The smile faltered a little as she thought on the performance again.

"I think I may not tell my mother about this one. She is from the Asahina, and this felt...I'm uncertain why such a tragic piece would be suitable at this time, nor why an Asahina would write something like this."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:25 am

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:56 am
Emiko looked up and smiled at the Phoenix before bowing.

"Good evening Shiba-sama, I hope you are well?"

The smile faltered a little as she thought on the performance again.

"I think I may not tell my mother about this one. She is from the Asahina, and this felt...I'm uncertain why such a tragic piece would be suitable at this time, nor why an Asahina would write something like this."
"While I cannot speak to the motives of the playwright, I think our hosts may have staged this in the interests of expectation management..."

He grimaced.

"Or perhaps they just want to curb our youthful enthusiasms."
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:13 pm

Yuzu is there at the last rows. He admires the cruelty of the play, as well as the serenity. To those too attached to this life, one side. To those that believe they should meet in Yomi –– or perhaps in another life –– a different perspective altogether.

--
PM if you want to chat
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:59 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:25 am
"While I cannot speak to the motives of the playwright, I think our hosts may have staged this in the interests of expectation management..."

He grimaced.

"Or perhaps they just want to curb our youthful enthusiasms."
"Do you feel less enthusiastic then Shiba-sama? Kami knows you are a paragon of enthusiasm" Emiko looked at the man with a smile