(D8, ME) Romantic Luck by Yogo Mina

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Saibankan

(D8, ME) Romantic Luck by Yogo Mina

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:05 am

The theater opens it's doors yet again, as at least a few curious samurai are drawn to see just what kind of play about love a Yogo would actually offer. The crowd does seem somewhat light though, some perhaps fearing that the Yogo curse would somehow be transferrable at a miai.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Shiba Raizo

Re: (D8, ME) Romantic Luck by Yogo Mina

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:04 am

Curses. Please. The poor Yogo are the ones dealing with it,, not the rest of you dumb shits.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:10 pm

Bayushi stood with his hands on his hips, surveying the crowd. With a nod of greeting to Raizo, he headed for his favorite seats in the very back.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:36 pm

Hikimasu arrived at the playhouse with interest within him, even if his manner didn't show it. Scorpion plays usually offered a great deal of depth, but he understood even a Yogo might pander to the expectation of light comedy the audience would have at this point

He found a seat, looking around for certain people, but seeing none of them yet.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:18 am

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:36 pm
Whether or not she was one of the people he was looking for, this Otter dressed in dark browns and bright blues, slid herself into the seat next to him as if she belonged there, snapping open her paper fan and graciously creating air from nothingness for him.
"You're welcome," she said breezily, as if continuing a conversation that hadn't started yet. "Have you had your rice today, Shosuro-san?"
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:34 am

The lanterns are dimmed and the play begins!

Romantic Luck by Yogo Mina

Akodo Kenji, having no luck with romance at all, travels to Kyuden Shika in hopes of a happy marriage. After consulting with the matchmakers, he learns that Benten has laid a curse upon him: not only are all his romances doomed to failure, but those he romances will find their perfect romantic partner immediately after their romance with Kenji ends. He also finds romance at Kyuden Shika in the form of Shika Yukiyo. Not wanting to have his romance with her come to the same end, he undertakes a pilgrimage to Benten Seido to try find away to lift his curse.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:12 am

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:18 am
Whether or not she was one of the people he was looking for, this Otter dressed in dark browns and bright blues, slid herself into the seat next to him as if she belonged there, snapping open her paper fan and graciously creating air from nothingness for him.
"You're welcome," she said breezily, as if continuing a conversation that hadn't started yet. "Have you had your rice today, Shosuro-san?"
"Quite gracious", he said with a bow. "I had wondered if the staff had begun such a service, but it is good to be thought of by a friend, isn't it?"

He settled in to watch the show.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:42 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:12 am
She watches the play with quiet seriousness beside the Scorpion, eyes on the stage with only the occasional glance to him to see what he thinks.
When the performance is done and the lights blaze again, Narumi simply says, "Huh." with impassivity. Holding her gaze on the emptying stage for some time, thoughts churning.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:51 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:34 am

Akodo Kenji, having no luck with romance at all, travels to Kyuden Shika in hopes of a happy marriage. After consulting with the matchmakers, he learns that Benten has laid a curse upon him: not only are all his romances doomed to failure, but those he romances will find their perfect romantic partner immediately after their romance with Kenji ends. He also finds romance at Kyuden Shika in the form of Shika Yukiyo. Not wanting to have his romance with her come to the same end, he undertakes a pilgrimage to Benten Seido to try find away to lift his curse.
Nesshin, having sat for the thing, thinks Well, that one's on the nose.

He remains open to conversation with those who'd quote him.
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:00 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:34 am

You must be joking. Really, sitting here with Usogawa-san you're going to show me this, Benten?
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:18 am
"Huh"
"indeed."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description