(D8, ME) Romantic Luck by Yogo Mina

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Usogawa Emiko

Re: (D8, ME) Romantic Luck by Yogo Mina

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:12 pm

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:27 am
Tanabe while he was always there he usually watched from afar. Tonight he saw Emiko in thought and decided to check on her.

"Zeni for your thoughts mimi-chan?" He asked smiling softly down to her using a much more informal term of address than one would expect from the yojimbo of a clan heiress.
"Huh?" Emiko looked up the bigger man "oh, I was thinking about a play I was writing. Watching these performances over the last eight days has given me a lot to consider on the importance of the mood and the situation when the play is being put on. There's a lot more than I had thought about before."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:55 am

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:07 pm
A hint of colour hits her cheeks and Narumi holds her smile in place. With a small but friendly shrug, she answers, "They've both been pretty exemplary in their event standings. I could do worse," she ticked upward an eyebrow at the Scorpion in memory, and her expression softened a touch.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:07 am

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:55 am
A hint of colour hits her cheeks and Narumi holds her smile in place. With a small but friendly shrug, she answers, "They've both been pretty exemplary in their event standings. I could do worse," she ticked upward an eyebrow at the Scorpion in memory, and her expression softened a touch.
"I suppose that's true", he agreed. And wondered how things would go for him. Not that Narumi wasn't desirable, the Scorpion thought she was a catch, anyway... but it seemed as though she was getting her decision made for her and was happy with that. Hikimasu on the other hand...he had np idea how this would end for him. Of what he wished for himself, he was brutally honest.

Enjoy the moments before someone else more lucky than you takes her.

"In any case, I'm happy for you", he managed honestly.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:57 am

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:12 pm
"Huh?" Emiko looked up the bigger man "oh, I was thinking about a play I was writing. Watching these performances over the last eight days has given me a lot to consider on the importance of the mood and the situation when the play is being put on. There's a lot more than I had thought about before."
Tanabe nodded "That makes sense. A sad play makes less sense at a wedding celebration just like a comedy would be odd at a funeral. Like all these plays have been about love or marriage, I think." He says furrowed his brow in thought for a moment.

He shook his head dispelling the stressful task of thought "so what kind of play are you writing?"
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:55 am

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:57 am
Tanabe nodded "That makes sense. A sad play makes less sense at a wedding celebration just like a comedy would be odd at a funeral. Like all these plays have been about love or marriage, I think." He says furrowed his brow in thought for a moment.

He shook his head dispelling the stressful task of thought "so what kind of play are you writing?"
"Not only that" Emiko shook her head "all the plays have been about how love and marriage can go, but the messages they send within those work against the mood of the miai. Especially the amount of comedy pieces we've had."

There was a pause before she grinned and added "why, a play about this miai!"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:24 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:07 am
His face was hard to read, hiding behind his masks- both literal and his On. Narumi hinted at a frown. "Are you not happy, as well?"

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:28 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:24 pm
His face was hard to read, hiding behind his masks- both literal and his On. Narumi hinted at a frown. "Are you not happy, as well?"
"Well to say I haven't had happy moments would be a lie", he admitted. "It was a little bittersweet, but I was happy getting to speak to you on the wall some days ago, performing was a happy memory, something I'll always remember...though to say everything has gone perfect, well no. Right now I'm...well, struggling with a few things. I'm trying to help someone and I don't know how it will go."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:32 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:28 pm
"Oh." she said and paused. "I wanted to thank you again, and apologize for my dour mood that day. The miai has brought out ...complexities I hadn't anticipated."

She listened further and nodded politely. "You're as of yet not sure where your own match may lie?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:35 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:32 pm
She listened further and nodded politely. "You're as of yet not sure where your own match may lie?"
"Well I wouldn't say that", the Scorpion chuckled. "Though as always it's more complicated than I thought it could be. You ask yourself if you're certain of something, and perhaps for yourself, you are. Though there's...hmm. You think about other matters, other people, and the picture becomes less clear, I suppose." He relaxed a bit in his seat, watching the darkness of the empty stage. "It's just been so long since I've thought me wanting something mattered, I guess."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:38 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:35 pm
"I understand," the gravity of her words let him know she feels in the same proverbial boat, as well.