(D8, ME) Romantic Luck by Yogo Mina

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: (D8, ME) Romantic Luck by Yogo Mina

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:02 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:55 pm

She nods at that. "What was your reasoning behind your choices of partners, if I can ask?"
"You have to ask?" He tilted his head slightly at her in surprise. "I suppose if you didn't know her well you might not see Utaku-san as a good match for me in the ring being she and i are of the same height and she is quite strong. Though when it comes to music I'm surprised. I thought Usogawa Emiko-sama was an obvious choice for anyone."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:03 pm

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:24 am
"Bayushi Mitsu, friend to all, solver of problems and difficulties. We met once before, but no apology is necessary, honorable governor."

The Scorpion tilted his head just so as he regarded Seppun. "The protagonist had the ability to lead anyone he chose to their ideal match. While it would cause himself to suffer, what a selfless act it would be to take that burden to give those he cared about perfect happiness. And how selfish for him to seek to end it, and rob his object of desire of someone frankly better suited than himself. There are lessons for us all, here. I think the Yogo has hit upon something quite interesting."
"I was rude. I should have recognized Bayushi-san if we have met. Please do forgive me for that." He says and tilts his head to add, "I think that character was just a lecherous figure which the Fortunes were keen to curse. In the end, he finally understands he owes something to Benten-kami."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:08 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:02 pm
She frowned at that, eyes narrowing somewhat, "How would I know? I've barely seen you since we talked at the wall. I've certainly never seen you with the Unicorn, and no one's talking about it... As for Emiko-sama, I didn't realize the extent of your interest in her until this conversation."
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:14 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
She frowned at that, eyes narrowing somewhat, "How would I know? I've barely seen you since we talked at the wall. I've certainly never seen you with the Unicorn, and no one's talking about it... As for Emiko-sama, I didn't realize the extent of your interest in her until this conversation."
"Well I take it neither talks about me much then, but honestly who would brag in this case?" He shrugged, rather dismissive. "Contests are contests though, and they may have some weight but I'm much more interested in how you've chosen to spend your time. Anyone of interest?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:19 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:14 pm
"Well I take it neither talks about me much then, but honestly who would brag in this case?" He shrugged, rather dismissive. "Contests are contests though, and they may have some weight but I'm much more interested in how you've chosen to spend your time. Anyone of interest?"
She frowned deeper at his waving her off. "Everyone is interesting, Shosuro-san. My particular and personal interests were on display by my choice of partners for the last two events, as well."

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:27 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:19 pm
She frowned deeper at his waving her off. "Everyone is interesting, Shosuro-san. My particular and personal interests were on display by my choice of partners for the last two events, as well."
"That's good to know, from what I saw I don't believe everyone followed that same idea. Still, a Lion and a Crane hmm?" Apprarently she had given up on certain ideas he felt she had. That was good for her, most likely. "A difficult decision that I don't envy."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:41 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:27 pm
She swallowed noticeably. "Ah, hai."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:46 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:41 pm
She swallowed noticeably. "Ah, hai."
"Though Asahina-san, hmm. Not a difficult decision, honestly in my book. He seems not only an proper samurai but is the talk of the town often enough. Also I've smelled the breakfast he apparently makes himself", he chuckled. "I've half a mind to court him myself."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:03 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:46 pm
That at least got a smirk from the Otter. "If you do, I'll be forced to rise to the challenge. But... hai... On the surface, it's not a difficult choice at all."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:07 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:03 pm
That at least got a smirk from the Otter. "If you do, I'll be forced to rise to the challenge. But... hai... On the surface, it's not a difficult choice at all."
"Though, I suppose a woman could find Matsu Ishioka-san's over serious, over done determination to move forward rather charming", he admitted. "He asked me about plays some days ago, so I tried to explain the idea of meaning in literature. He didn't quite grasp it all, but he made an effort and came out better for it. Some men struggle, and in that show themselves to be a bit exemplary."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description