(D8, ME) Romantic Luck by Yogo Mina

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Shiba Raizo

Re: (D8, ME) Romantic Luck by Yogo Mina

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:14 pm

Hm, some ripples in the pond over there.

Funny, I thought Scoprion could swim. And the Otter basically HAVE to.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:10 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:15 pm
The young Seppun is at his usual spot at the back of the theater analyzing everyone.
After the lights came back up, Bayushi Mitsu approached Seppun from not far away - just a few seats over.

"Ah, governor-sama," he greeted with a bow. "Enjoying the view from my favorite spot, I see. What's your take on things here?" Bayushi's masked gaze lingered on the crowd, the stage - and the Scorpion and Otter - before turning back to the imperial. "I for one thought a Yogo writing about curses was a bit obvious, but the twist of the effect of this particular curse, well, it was a gift in disguise, don't you think?"
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:29 pm

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:10 am
After the lights came back up, Bayushi Mitsu approached Seppun from not far away - just a few seats over.

"Ah, governor-sama," he greeted with a bow. "Enjoying the view from my favorite spot, I see. What's your take on things here?" Bayushi's masked gaze lingered on the crowd, the stage - and the Scorpion and Otter - before turning back to the imperial. "I for one thought a Yogo writing about curses was a bit obvious, but the twist of the effect of this particular curse, well, it was a gift in disguise, don't you think?"
The boy blinks and focuses eyes at the samurai with the mask. For a moment he sees another mask, a haunting, a larger, more feminine body trying to seep him over. He shakes his head and then provides a bow. "I am unsure if I met Scorpion-san before. My apologies. I hope Inari-kami has been kind."

Looking back to the stage, he mulls over the suggested point of view and tilts his head to ask, "Pardon by lack of finesse. Why would it be a gift?"
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:29 pm

Emiko was blissfully unaware of the debate between her cousin and her friend nearby. Mainly as she seemed to be thinking.
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:24 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:29 pm
The boy blinks and focuses eyes at the samurai with the mask. For a moment he sees another mask, a haunting, a larger, more feminine body trying to seep him over. He shakes his head and then provides a bow. "I am unsure if I met Scorpion-san before. My apologies. I hope Inari-kami has been kind."

Looking back to the stage, he mulls over the suggested point of view and tilts his head to ask, "Pardon by lack of finesse. Why would it be a gift?"
"Bayushi Mitsu, friend to all, solver of problems and difficulties. We met once before, but no apology is necessary, honorable governor."

The Scorpion tilted his head just so as he regarded Seppun. "The protagonist had the ability to lead anyone he chose to their ideal match. While it would cause himself to suffer, what a selfless act it would be to take that burden to give those he cared about perfect happiness. And how selfish for him to seek to end it, and rob his object of desire of someone frankly better suited than himself. There are lessons for us all, here. I think the Yogo has hit upon something quite interesting."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:27 am

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:29 pm
Emiko was blissfully unaware of the debate between her cousin and her friend nearby. Mainly as she seemed to be thinking.
Tanabe while he was always there he usually watched from afar. Tonight he saw Emiko in thought and decided to check on her.

"Zeni for your thoughts mimi-chan?" He asked smiling softly down to her using a much more informal term of address than one would expect from the yojimbo of a clan heiress.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:28 am

[meant to attach an agenda push to that! opportunity spent to show off]
(D8, ME) Agenda push at the play! - Void/Sentiment TN 2 | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:35 am

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:41 pm
And yet it clearly isn't.

"Usogawa Narumi-san, please...it would be my pleasure to enjoy your company alone", he said calmly. "It was my mistake, if anything I should feel ashamed begging you, but I've asked anyway. So now I've said two things carelessly, please don't make me say a third."
She rubbed a temple, "Is this a gift giving ceremony or a friendly conversation?" Her tone inched into territory to suggest the topic was now closed, before an incredibly polite if cool smile settled back on Narumi's features.

"We haven't had time together recently, which is a shame! Wrapped up in all kinds of interesting adventures? You performed admirably in the last two events," she adds with an uptick of her manicured eyebrow in his direction.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:50 am

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:35 am
She rubbed a temple, "Is this a gift giving ceremony or a friendly conversation?" Her tone inched into territory to suggest the topic was now closed, before an incredibly polite if cool smile settled back on Narumi's features.

"We haven't had time together recently, which is a shame! Wrapped up in all kinds of interesting adventures? You performed admirably in the last two events," she adds with an uptick of her manicured eyebrow in his direction.
She was brishing it off, he supposed that was good.

And it would be, if Benten was finished with him for the evening.

"Oh, not at all", he said with a slight bow. "My partners are more to thank than me."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:55 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:50 am
"Oh, not at all", he said with a slight bow. "My partners are more to thank than me."
She nods at that. "What was your reasoning behind your choices of partners, if I can ask?"
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands