D7 MM - Moshumaru and Hajime's performance

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Kitsu Moshumaru

D7 MM - Moshumaru and Hajime's performance

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:24 am

"Goooooooooood morning Kyuden Shika~! How's everybody doing? Has Inari-sama blessed us all this morning?"

A nervous chuckle from atop the center of the stage.

"That was ah, a little introduction a peasant friend Yobu liked to do before he performed anything. If you're ever in Sparrow lands, do not be afraid to stop by their playhouses, they are probably some of the finest, friendliest places across Rokugan."

He looked back and shook negative that no, he didn't need an instrument. He didn't play instruments - he composed poetry. Yes, he knew Hajime didn't necessarily play either, but if they had to sing a duet so be it!

"I suppose I should introduce ourselves, even though some of you are familiar with us already - I am Kitsu Moshumaru, writer for the Record of the Fallen. I write obituaries, primarily for the Lion but also for other clans. I also enjoy other form of poetry, the company of most of the people here and helping people through their problems."

When he gets a chance, he turns to his companion. He's absolutely talking out of his ass and buying Hajime time to prepare, but he just so happens to have a fine, well tuned ass. One which should have used the morning preparing alongside Hajime-san, but oh well.

"I would also like to introduce my partner for this duet - this is one Kitsuki Hajime-san, the court poet of Kitsuki Shunsuke. Absolutely fantastic man, I can tell you - the first time we met I was performing a mourning rite and this gentleman, this example of compassion joins me immediately without knowing who I'm mourning for! I could have been mourning a family nemesis for all he knew but he still took the time to show proper respect to the dead. If that's not a reason to show this man, this grand example of courtesy I don't know what is. Let's just, let's just take a moment to appreciate him, shall we?"

He moved the spotlight to his partner, trying to exalt him in the eyes of the crowd.

"Another reason you should be excited is that we are a fantastic combination" he paused for dramatic effect "- of writers. As has once been said, 'If the work Kitsu Moshumaru-san grounds us, then the work of Kitsuki Hajime makes us soar.' ...That's our written work, and this our performance art. Let's find out together how well this goes, no?"

Using his feet to tap out a rhythm, he began. He sang from the heart, for there was nowhere else left to sing from.
D7 MM - Water/Performance (Void for +1 ring) Round 1 | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 4
Image Image Image Image Image
Momentum +2, +1 opp. to show off, water used.

The song thus far (no instruments used thus far)
I once told the girl I love
About Lady Sun and Lord Moon,
How we see just one above -
How they might dance around us and simply swoon.

Because when she's in my palms
I can't help but reflect her light...
If that leaves scholars with their qualms
Then I'm uneducated tonight.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kitsuki Hajime

Re: D7 MM - Moshumaru and Hajime's performance

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:12 pm

Hajime is stunned by Moshumaru's showmanship. He hadn't quite expected it from the man who had been so reserved at the temple!

...and that ass! He was grateful Moshumaru had turned its power onto the audience or Hajime might have missed his cue!

Hajime nodded and smiled along to Moshumaru's introduction. Of course, he had absolutely no experience with singing or playing an instrument, but he imagined that they wouldn't be the only pair with that hindrance. And they were artists, after all.

Air/Performance, Void for +1 Ring | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image

Total Momentum: 3
Opportunity Spent for Showing Off: 2
Air Deployed

Strife Count: 2

Hajime's verse:
But even as I spoke
Her light kept shining down
Reflecting in the sea
Spreading her love around.

Because when she's all a-smile
I can't help but reflect her light...
Even if she's sharing all the while,
I'm still uneducated tonight.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:34 pm

Nice follow-up! Moshu thought.

One problem - he wasn't sure where to go next lyrically. Thinking on his feet, he grabbed the first thing he recognize as a " drum slap slap" instrument of some kind, taking it in hand (despite not really being supposed to be carried) and slapping it as he returned close to his partner.
And in that light, and in that light,
I'm uneducated tonight...
D7 MM - Love Song - Round 2 Moshu | TN: 2 | Success: 0 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image

Momentum: +0 (Total 3)
Show off opportunities: +2 (Total 5 between the two of us)
PM if thread desired

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:04 pm

Rhythm! Three-foot lines! Where had they gone?! Hajime's brain had rather expected a full third verse, but it seems they had found the bridge. That left just one thing to do: Powerslide!

Clasping his hands to his chest, and throwing his most moon-eyed expression up at the ceiling, he sang in a mournful, soul-rending tenor as he slid to the edge of the stage on his knees:
OooooooOOOOh! I'm uneducated toooooo
*gasp*
NIIIIIIIIIIGHT!
Air/Performance. D7 Event roll #4 | TN: 2 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image

Successes: 4
Momentum: 3 (Total 6)
Extra Successes: 3 total.
Strife Count: 3
Show Off: 5
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:21 pm

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:04 pm
Where had they gone?!
Where had they gone?

On a magical adventure through the power of being poets, that's what. True to his boast, the groundwork he laid allowed his partner to soar beyond the rules of face, and into the realms of ecstasy.

Capitalizing on the powerslide, Moshu took the time to finish out the set before the judges could call for more.

"Ladiesandgentleman you have been a fantastic audience! Praise be to Tenjin-no-kami, praise be to Sadahako-no kami. Big thanks to Shika Pei-Pei-sama for hosting such an event, thanks to the Deer for hosting us all, and thank you for being there on our journey!"

With a fire he hadn't felt since last evening, he signed the team off.

"Ladies and gentleman, GOOOOOOD MORNING!"

- - - - -

Complete!

Final pre-HGS scoring criteria:
2 rounds to hit 6 momentum
5 Opportunities to Impress
3 bonus successes.
Momentum is exactly 6.
2 opportunities used to impress by a single pc.
3 number of bonus successes for a single pc.
PM if thread desired