(D7, ME) Nuptial Papers by Togashi Yunosuke (Play)

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Usogawa Emiko

Re: (D7, ME) Nuptial Papers by Togashi Yunosuke (Play)

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:45 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:50 pm

"Yes, to meet Yudaina-san and have a gallop."
Nuptial Papers by Togashi Yunosuke wrote:Shiba Masatake and Doji Yukiko travel deep in to the Phoenix mountains to find the perfect location to conduct their wedding. They find a remote shrine that's beauty is matched only by the tranquility of the area. However, the very sweaty monk Yoshiki informs them they may not use the shrine, unless they pass the challenges of the shrine's guardian. Not wishing to defile the shrine's sanctity by refusing or objecting, the couple agree.

Yoshiki puts the couple through a series of ever increasingly bizarre and difficult challenges, which he claims will 'prove the couples love is true.' The challenges, including things like cliff diving and coal walking, get harder and harder, and yet the couple's honor will not let them know defeat. In the end the exhausted couple are judged to have passed the challenges and may use the shrine which they fully intend to do.....just as soon as the broken bones heal.
As much as the Scorpion thought the idea of a couple working together to overcome something so ridiculous and silly was actually a little heartwarming...the writing was terrible, the characters unlikeable and altogether the only thing that went well about it was his own ability to keep his eyes from rolling.

"That was...something."
"Oh, hai" Emiko said with a nod "I'm not sure I'd be good at riding a horse unless it's like steering a boat, but I'd be happy to finally meet Yudaina-san!"

The play just got a small shake of the head from Emiko.

"I'm sure the playwright had a direction when he envisioned it. The Togashi are very unique."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:49 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:45 pm
"Oh, hai" Emiko said with a nod "I'm not sure I'd be good at riding a horse unless it's like steering a boat, but I'd be happy to finally meet Yudaina-san!"

The play just got a small shake of the head from Emiko.

"I'm sure the playwright had a direction when he envisioned it. The Togashi are very unique."
Unique is a word you could use.

Still, she was right. No point is saying anything rude about it.

"I'm glad you'd like to, there's a meadow i spotted in the woods some days ago, we could head there and perhaps practice some music again."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:39 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:49 pm
Unique is a word you could use.

Still, she was right. No point is saying anything rude about it.

"I'm glad you'd like to, there's a meadow i spotted in the woods some days ago, we could head there and perhaps practice some music again."
Emiko looked very interested at that.

"Oh, that sounds lovely! Is it far? It wouldn't be good if we had to travel far then there was a horse related accident and travelling back."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:41 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:39 pm
Emiko looked very interested at that.

"Oh, that sounds lovely! Is it far? It wouldn't be good if we had to travel far then there was a horse related accident and travelling back."
"It isn't so far, no... and please do not worry so, horses are more sure footed than boats."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:07 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:41 pm
"It isn't so far, no... and please do not worry so, horses are more sure footed than boats."
"But I'm not sure footed" Emiko said with a chuckle "although a meadow has fewer trees, so it should be ok! Where should I meet you?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:08 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:07 pm
"But I'm not sure footed" Emiko said with a chuckle "although a meadow has fewer trees, so it should be ok! Where should I meet you?"
"By the entrance of the town district should be fine", Hikimasu answered. "Unless i find you at the inn."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:48 pm

"Ok" Emiko nodded "hopefully it won't start raining again. That would make it less fun I imagine!"

She looked to the doorway then back to Hikimasu.

"Shall we walk back?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:18 am

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:48 pm
"Ok" Emiko nodded "hopefully it won't start raining again. That would make it less fun I imagine!"

She looked to the doorway then back to Hikimasu.

"Shall we walk back?"
"We should then", he said and let her go first. "And rain might make it difficult, but... it might also make opportunities. We'll have to see, neh?"

And he walked her back down the street.

(We /exit?)
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description