(D7, ME) Nuptial Papers by Togashi Yunosuke (Play)

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Seppun Yuzu

Re: (D7, ME) Nuptial Papers by Togashi Yunosuke (Play)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:31 am

Yuzu makes to the theater and occupies his traditional spot. He does glance around to pinpoint people of interest, but doesn't approach yet.

--
PM if you would like to chat. I might be AFK for a couple of hours from now.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:23 am

Yasu does want to catch the play as she has on most nights. Even if she's really starting to miss the gut-busting laughter of a good (bad) draw lot.
____
ooc, still slowly getting my D7 going. PM/quote if approaching.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:27 am

The lanterns are dimmed as the play begins!

Nuptial Papers by Togashi Yunosuke

Shiba Masatake and Doji Yukiko travel deep in to the Phoenix mountains to find the perfect location to conduct their wedding. They find a remote shrine that's beauty is matched only by the tranquility of the area. However, the very sweaty monk Yoshiki informs them they may not use the shrine, unless they pass the challenges of the shrine's guardian. Not wishing to defile the shrine's sanctity by refusing or objecting, the couple agree.

Yoshiki puts the couple through a series of ever increasingly bizarre and difficult challenges, which he claims will 'prove the couples love is true.' The challenges, including things like cliff diving and coal walking, get harder and harder, and yet the couple's honor will not let them know defeat. In the end the exhausted couple are judged to have passed the challenges and may use the shrine which they fully intend to do.....just as soon as the broken bones heal.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:31 am

Yuzu's eyes widen at the enlightenment of this play. Tomorrow he would pledge even more of his name.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:52 am

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:57 pm
"The cat'll be hurt," Nesshin replies. "And I can't promise spirits can't get into my rooms. Full disclosure."
Koi mused for a moment. "Hm, I do like The cat, amusingly I don't think the cat is whole mundane. I felt a strong spiritual connection to it tied to a object under it's cat bed."

As soon as the light dim Koi immediately begins to get focused into the production, her eyes filled with amusement and curiosity. In the darkness, her hand holds onto Nesshin's subtly and squeezes every now in the and perhaps for a moment Koi looks as young as the rest of them, mind filled with curiosity and innocents unburdened by real life filled with just happiness.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:57 am

Why is it that I find this one the easiest to relate to?
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:41 am

As he had every other night he found himself back here at the theater watching this evening's offering of theatrical entertainment. As was usual he stayed toward the back to keep eye on the whole theater not just the actors on stage but the ones in the crowd as well.

He grinned at the poignant message and its relation to all of their situations. Anyone in the miai has likely felt something similar to the confusion and determination at the trials they have all gone through so far. Tanabe relaxed back as the play ended and thought on it for a moment.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:53 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:52 am
Koi mused for a moment. "Hm, I do like The cat, amusingly I don't think the cat is whole mundane. I felt a strong spiritual connection to it tied to a object under it's cat bed."

As soon as the light dim Koi immediately begins to get focused into the production, her eyes filled with amusement and curiosity. In the darkness, her hand holds onto Nesshin's subtly and squeezes every now in the and perhaps for a moment Koi looks as young as the rest of them, mind filled with curiosity and innocents unburdened by real life filled with just happiness.
Any reply Nesshin would have made is forestalled by the performance. And when Koi takes his hand in hers, he squeezes it reassuringly, making sure it's held on her thigh.

"Different than the preceding few," he remarks afterward. "Much less...risky?"
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:18 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:11 pm
As she has done every night, Emiko made her way to the theatre to watch the performance.

A Togashi playwright? Now I've seen everything!

She found a place to watch the performance.

(ooc - quote to approach!)
Hikimasu arrived and quickly spotted Emiko. He approached and bowed, sitting down as if he were welcome.

"Usogawa-san, good evening", he said in a low voice. "How was the rest of your day?"
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:26 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:53 pm

Any reply Nesshin would have made is forestalled by the performance. And when Koi takes his hand in hers, he squeezes it reassuringly, making sure it's held on her thigh.

"Different than the preceding few," he remarks afterward. "Much less...risky?"
Koi smiled softly, and didn't immediately remove his hand from her's.

"I missed them, unfortunately. That was sweet though, I liked the ending though I feel like it was a little stiff." She mused with a cynical eye. "The female lead was annoyed about something, her shoulders were so stiff. Something hard to hide."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile