(D7, ME) Nuptial Papers by Togashi Yunosuke (Play)

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Usogawa Emiko

Re: (D7, ME) Nuptial Papers by Togashi Yunosuke (Play)

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:14 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:18 pm
Hikimasu arrived and quickly spotted Emiko. He approached and bowed, sitting down as if he were welcome.

"Usogawa-san, good evening", he said in a low voice. "How was the rest of your day?"
"Ah, Shosuro-sama" Emiko smiled and bowed "good evening! A play by a Togashi is going to be very unusual, I'm quite looking forward to it. My day has been well thank you, I hope yours was also?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:16 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:14 pm
"Ah, Shosuro-sama" Emiko smiled and bowed "good evening! A play by a Togashi is going to be very unusual, I'm quite looking forward to it. My day has been well thank you, I hope yours was also?"
"Better now", he said with some mirth. "Before this gets underway, since I keep bringing it up, would you come for a ride with me tomorrow? Weather permitting of course."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:38 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:57 am
Why is it that I find this one the easiest to relate to?
This time, the Sparrow's face after the end of the play is not only his usual pondering frown. There is some pondering going on, but with a smile on his lips. As usual, he takes a long time to get up from his chair. Seeing Raizo also pondering alone - and Tanabe and Yasu thinking as well, which somehow makes his smile widen somewhat - he decides to approach the brooding phoenix.

"Shiba-sama", he says with a calm, friendly nod. "How has your day been? And... what did you think?', he adds gesturing at the stage.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:50 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:38 pm
"Shiba-sama", he says with a calm, friendly nod. "How has your day been? And... what did you think?', he adds gesturing at the stage.
"I'm only a 'sama ' to my ashigaru, Suzume-san, and only because they insist. My day... well. Some manaic made me sing in public and reaped the predictable results, but I had fun in spite of it all. As for the play... I think i liked it. I mean, it's as contrived as any of them, but I enjoyed the story."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:04 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:50 pm
"I'm only a 'sama ' to my ashigaru, Suzume-san, and only because they insist. My day... well. Some manaic made me sing in public and reaped the predictable results, but I had fun in spite of it all. As for the play... I think i liked it. I mean, it's as contrived as any of them, but I enjoyed the story."
"Ah, sumimasen, Shiba-sam... eh.. san!", he said, bowing slightly again a bit awkwardly. A smile quickly takes to his face after that, though. "This morning was fun indeed! Surprising in some cases, really inspiring in others, but fun in all of them. I'm glad Shiba-san enjoyed it too! As for the play... well, it is contrived, I suppose, in that it's... different from what one would expect in real life, I suppose? But then... I wonder, would a play that adheres too closely to real life work as a play? And also..."

He adds to that a short story, of course. One told by a friend of his mother, this time - about how unbelievable stories can sometimes prepare us for real life - which can be even more unbelievable than the wildest stories.

As he finishes, he falls silent for a while. "But then... well, what do you think, Shiba-san? And... I think you seemed to enjoy this one more than the others? May I ask why?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:09 am

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:04 am
"Ah, sumimasen, Shiba-sam... eh.. san!", he said, bowing slightly again a bit awkwardly. A smile quickly takes to his face after that, though. "This morning was fun indeed! Surprising in some cases, really inspiring in others, but fun in all of them. I'm glad Shiba-san enjoyed it too! As for the play... well, it is contrived, I suppose, in that it's... different from what one would expect in real life, I suppose? But then... I wonder, would a play that adheres too closely to real life work as a play? And also..."

He adds to that a short story, of course. One told by a friend of his mother, this time - about how unbelievable stories can sometimes prepare us for real life - which can be even more unbelievable than the wildest stories.

As he finishes, he falls silent for a while. "But then... well, what do you think, Shiba-san? And... I think you seemed to enjoy this one more than the others? May I ask why?"
"I think the way in which a tale is crafted makes the difference. In this one, the situations were patently ludicrous, but the leading couple were in it together, regardless of how ridiculous things got- and that's why they prevailed."

A pause.

"So I liked it."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:12 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:09 am
"I think the way in which a tale is crafted makes the difference. In this one, the situations were patently ludicrous, but the leading couple were in it together, regardless of how ridiculous things got- and that's why they prevailed."

A pause.

"So I liked it."
A rather long silence from the Sparrow follows. He seems thoughtful, but finally nods. "Un. Sticking together is important. In many things. Of course it should be in love as well, ne?"

Another silence, a smile on his lips.

"That... and trust. Seems to be a lesson Shiba-san has long learned, though, ne?", he finally says, smile widening slightly.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:08 am

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:12 am
A rather long silence from the Sparrow follows. He seems thoughtful, but finally nods. "Un. Sticking together is important. In many things. Of course it should be in love as well, ne?"

Another silence, a smile on his lips.

"That... and trust. Seems to be a lesson Shiba-san has long learned, though, ne?", he finally says, smile widening slightly.
"Well. If you mean its importance? Yes. And of being trustworthy. That too."
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:45 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:16 pm
"Better now", he said with some mirth. "Before this gets underway, since I keep bringing it up, would you come for a ride with me tomorrow? Weather permitting of course."
Emiko tilted her head.

"A ride, Shosuro-sama?"
Nuptial Papers by Togashi Yunosuke wrote:Shiba Masatake and Doji Yukiko travel deep in to the Phoenix mountains to find the perfect location to conduct their wedding. They find a remote shrine that's beauty is matched only by the tranquility of the area. However, the very sweaty monk Yoshiki informs them they may not use the shrine, unless they pass the challenges of the shrine's guardian. Not wishing to defile the shrine's sanctity by refusing or objecting, the couple agree.

Yoshiki puts the couple through a series of ever increasingly bizarre and difficult challenges, which he claims will 'prove the couples love is true.' The challenges, including things like cliff diving and coal walking, get harder and harder, and yet the couple's honor will not let them know defeat. In the end the exhausted couple are judged to have passed the challenges and may use the shrine which they fully intend to do.....just as soon as the broken bones heal.
Emiko sat through the performance with a neutral expression, bordering on frowning.

Why...
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:50 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:45 pm
Emiko tilted her head.

"A ride, Shosuro-sama?"
"Yes, to meet Yudaina-san and have a gallop."
Nuptial Papers by Togashi Yunosuke wrote:Shiba Masatake and Doji Yukiko travel deep in to the Phoenix mountains to find the perfect location to conduct their wedding. They find a remote shrine that's beauty is matched only by the tranquility of the area. However, the very sweaty monk Yoshiki informs them they may not use the shrine, unless they pass the challenges of the shrine's guardian. Not wishing to defile the shrine's sanctity by refusing or objecting, the couple agree.

Yoshiki puts the couple through a series of ever increasingly bizarre and difficult challenges, which he claims will 'prove the couples love is true.' The challenges, including things like cliff diving and coal walking, get harder and harder, and yet the couple's honor will not let them know defeat. In the end the exhausted couple are judged to have passed the challenges and may use the shrine which they fully intend to do.....just as soon as the broken bones heal.
As much as the Scorpion thought the idea of a couple working together to overcome something so ridiculous and silly was actually a little heartwarming...the writing was terrible, the characters unlikeable and altogether the only thing that went well about it was his own ability to keep his eyes from rolling.

"That was...something."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."