(D7 MM) Love at the Concert (Event Observation Thread)

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Shika Nesshin

Re: (D7 MM) Love at the Concert (Event Observation Thread)

Post by Shika Nesshin » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:03 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:34 pm
"Maybe so. But it might just be that you are a natural and never realized it. Do you do much singing even if just for fun?"
"Honestly, no," Nesshin says. "Not so good on watch or on patrol out in the woods. So maybe I was saving it up?"
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:30 am

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:03 pm
"Honestly, no," Nesshin says. "Not so good on watch or on patrol out in the woods. So maybe I was saving it up?"
"You should be practicing that, not hiding it," Murato replied with a smirk.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:42 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:30 am
"You should be practicing that, not hiding it," Murato replied with a smirk.
"Scares off the game," Nesshin replies. "And besides, I practice other things."

He grins wickedly.
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:05 am

Yuzu would be somewhere in the sidelines after his performance with Kheree. This wasn't really his stage. Even if he admires much of the skills of the most talented around.

--
PM if you approach. Might be AFK for some time.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:17 am

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:42 am
"Scares off the game," Nesshin replies. "And besides, I practice other things."

He grins wickedly.
Murato nods at that. "I..." He pauses to think. "I find that I am a bit misinformed or naive about such things. Not particularly certain about the entire topic. I've come to think pillow books are useless trash outside of learning euphemisms."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:25 am

Soyokaze stood back looking and feeling rather satisfied, ready to watch the other perfomances.

(OOC: Please quote or pm to approach.)
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:31 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:17 am
Murato nods at that. "I..." He pauses to think. "I find that I am a bit misinformed or naive about such things. Not particularly certain about the entire topic. I've come to think pillow books are useless trash outside of learning euphemisms."
"Interesting that you leap straight to pillow books," Nesshin says, his face serious. He holds that way for a couple of breaths before smiling. "But you're not wrong in such a guess."

He winks quickly, subtly.

D11+, has a second fan.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:50 am

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:31 am
"Interesting that you leap straight to pillow books," Nesshin says, his face serious. He holds that way for a couple of breaths before smiling. "But you're not wrong in such a guess."

He winks quickly, subtly.
He grinned at the wink.

"I see you doing much the same as I sometimes do, with your wordplay," he says with a shrug. "And I suspect that you don't shy from it when your... quarry is within reach? I had a similar conversation with another, though they were far more direct."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:32 am

Yasu was certainly on the sidelines, fretting with stage fright before their turn, but masking it well beside Tanabe as he quietly tunes. There's a tightening in her chest when Murato sings, then a small curious shift as he sings of opening up again. It's a small hope filed away for when they speak next.

Watching Bo's attention to Narumi's (excellent) performance completely derail his own part in it brings a small smile to Yasu's face, before she takes a deep breath reminding herself not to do that...because she rather expects her lack of skill to lead similar places.

<timeskip>

The relief and general energy of the performance carries along once off the stage, as she leaves the borrowed drum with the other instruments and rejoins the audience with Tanabe.

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:58 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:32 am
-snip-
Koi though she is focused on Yoshi notices that Yasu is fretting before the beginning of the performance piece and motions towards Yasu perhaps to catch her attention, the beautiful Moth smiles softly but mouths the word "breath" and "You got this!"

As the Kuni performed Koi smiled enjoying the piece well enough.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile