(D6, ME) D6: Ichiro by Kakita Takeo

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Suzume Senseki

Re: (D6, ME) D6: Ichiro by Kakita Takeo

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:01 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:47 am
Yasu'd missed yesterday's play. It had been an eventful day. Tonight was quieter, and she chose to attend the play, even if she expected it to be incompressible due to trying far to hard to be art instead of a story.

Her borrowed umbrella was left at the door, her hems slapped at her ankles, soaked through after a full day of dealing with the rain. With little fanfare, she settles to the back of the theater.

ooc: quote/pm to approach.
Once more the lanterns are dimmed, and the play begins!

Ichiro by Kakita Takeo

Otomo Ichiro, son of the influential Otomo lord Shiko has received an invitation to study at the famous Kakita Academy. However, his father sends a dozen Seppun guards with Ichiro to keep him safe from any possible enemies. However, Ichiro complains to his father that such heavy security is interfering with his studies. His father agrees to withdraw the Seppun....but arranges for Shosuro Tadakuni to infiltrate the Academy as a fellow classmate from the Kakita family to shadow his son. The two form a fast friendship which soon deepens to romance. However, Ichiro discovers Tadakuni's true identity. Hurt at the betrayal, Ichiro threatens to expose Tadakuni to the Academy. Tadakuni pleads with Ichiro that his feelings for him were never a lie. Ichiro is moved by the Scorpion's tears, and promises to not expose Tadakuni, as long as he always comes first rather than his father, which Tadakuni's readily agrees to.
After his usual time of musing after the play was over, the Suzume got up from his chair. His face was still thoughtful, but something deep down seemed to indicate some small amount of frustration - although he was clearly doing his best to shake it off.

Seeing Yasu also hanging around by the back of the theatre, he slowly approaches her, nodding as he does so. "Ah, Kuni-sama! We meet again." He nods towards the stage. "I... must say I was expecting another Ichiro", he said with a soft chuckle. "Although... I should probably have expected an Imperial." A quiet, calm smile. "Anyway! I hope you had a pleasant day, if... well, moist? And... what did you think?", he said, motioning his head towards the stage again.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:04 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:14 pm
"Ah. Some Fortunes are kind with me, since I barely deserve much praise. Especially after my poor display of skills lately. I expect to change that soon, anyhow." He raises his eyebrows and then bows to Reina again. "Thank you for the care of asking."

Then, after moment, he produces a plucked orchid he had been keeping for Reina. "Please, accept this token of gratitude for our meeting the other day."
Reina seemed genuinely pleased by the Seppun's offer. After a gm-bandwidth saving montage of the game of gifts, she accepted the beautiful flower.

"It really is a lovely bloom, Seppun-san. I'm glad to know that you've been thinking of me since our last meeting."
Crane Clan * Topaz Champion * Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Those we help this season will help us next season."

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:38 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:10 pm
Nesshin doesn't put much stock in nicknames, and likely for good reason. But he is interested in the reply from the Lion, and continues the conversation thus:

"I've heard about the raw nature of those performances, and I think I'd like to see one sometime. We do try to push some things here, see how far the medium can be stretched; we can only improve by trying new things, after all. But you're right; we put a lot of effort into stage-making and the like, and I can see how they might distract from the acting, itself.

"But then, it also depends on what the point of the exercise is. Like in training, if the objective is to build stamina, it's not going to go the same way as one to build explosive speed, right?"

He shrugs.

"But then again, I'm not an expert. Just remembering what I've been told and what makes sense from it."
The Matsu nods thoughtfully as the Deer speaks.

"I think that's all well considered, Shika-san," Ishioka says. "I am... not typically one for creative new ideas," he says, looking slightly uncomfortable, "but I can appreciate the need for, ah, making adjustments and slowly improving over time. That is how your clan has become so accomplished in the ways of matchmaking, for example, hm?"
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:46 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:38 pm
The Matsu nods thoughtfully as the Deer speaks.

"I think that's all well considered, Shika-san," Ishioka says. "I am... not typically one for creative new ideas," he says, looking slightly uncomfortable, "but I can appreciate the need for, ah, making adjustments and slowly improving over time. That is how your clan has become so accomplished in the ways of matchmaking, for example, hm?"
Nesshin nods.

"Can't get better by staying the same," he notes. "Which isn't to say that tradition's no good. But new things arise, and we have to adapt to face them bravely and well--and to do so with good and open hearts.

"Why, even our most hallowed traditions were new, once. The magistracy did not arise in the founding days of the Empire, after all, and look at all the good it has done since its inception."

He sighs, somewhat wistfully. "I hope to be part of that tradition someday."

~~~~~
Agenda roll, https://sakkaku.org/rolls/1121, succeeds at 3Success symbol1Opportunity symbol2Strife symbol; Opp to eat 1 Strife
+2 Agenda Points
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:48 pm

Kakita Reina wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:04 pm
Reina seemed genuinely pleased by the Seppun's offer. After a gm-bandwidth saving montage of the game of gifts, she accepted the beautiful flower.

"It really is a lovely bloom, Seppun-san. I'm glad to know that you've been thinking of me since our last meeting."
"I had to pluck it out. But I am confident Kakita-sama might know how to treat it better than me. Mother always told me one would be rewarded with wealth and prosperity for bravery if they passed by an orchid. So, I the true intention is to pass this noble fortune to our Topaz Champion." He says, happy that she accepted, even if quite expressionless -- if not for his admiring eyes.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:00 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:46 pm

He sighs, somewhat wistfully. "I hope to be part of that tradition someday."
Ishioka raises an eyebrow at the other man.

"A dream for the future beyond this miai, Shika-san? You're a braver man than I. I cannot plan a future with so many uncertainties here right before me. What if your best match takes you to another clan? Would you hope to join their magistrates, or perhaps the emerald magistrates? I don't mean to argue, of course, merely to show the sorts of questions that would plague me, not being so courageous as you are."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:17 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:00 pm
Ishioka raises an eyebrow at the other man.

"A dream for the future beyond this miai, Shika-san? You're a braver man than I. I cannot plan a future with so many uncertainties here right before me. What if your best match takes you to another clan? Would you hope to join their magistrates, or perhaps the emerald magistrates? I don't mean to argue, of course, merely to show the sorts of questions that would plague me, not being so courageous as you are."
Nesshin bows his head at the compliment.

"I'd not compete with a Lion for bravery," he says, "but the basic principles would seem to be the same in law enforcement across the board. Some regional variations in specifics, to be expected, but overall...

"Although you're right that an appointment to the Emerald would make such questions moot. But as to marrying out?" he shrugs. "It all depends."

He looks to the Matsu. "And what of you, Matsu-san? Anyone you feel tied to you with red strings?"
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:18 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:48 pm
Kakita Reina wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:04 pm

"I had to pluck it out. But I am confident Kakita-sama might know how to treat it better than me. Mother always told me one would be rewarded with wealth and prosperity for bravery if they passed by an orchid. So, I the true intention is to pass this noble fortune to our Topaz Champion." He says, happy that she accepted, even if quite expressionless -- if not for his admiring eyes.
Reina favored him with a smile.

"I had not heard that saying before," Reina admits. "but I've always had a strong love of flowers and scents. For such fragile things, they can lift us up so much."
Crane Clan * Topaz Champion * Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Those we help this season will help us next season."

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:29 am

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:17 pm

Nesshin bows his head at the compliment.

"I'd not compete with a Lion for bravery," he says, "but the basic principles would seem to be the same in law enforcement across the board. Some regional variations in specifics, to be expected, but overall...

"Although you're right that an appointment to the Emerald would make such questions moot. But as to marrying out?" he shrugs. "It all depends."

He looks to the Matsu. "And what of you, Matsu-san? Anyone you feel tied to you with red strings?"
Ishioka gives a little smile - which is fairly expressive by his standards - and says, "I don't know about tied with strings of any color, but I feel positively about what your noble clan has done here so far. I am very fortunate to have had the showings that I did in the challenges, but also to have met some very fine samurai-ko who I would be happy to be matched with. But I do not think this is the case for all of your guests. It seems to me that my Kitsu cousins, especially Kitsu Tsugumasa, who is a distinguished shugenja, do not have so many suitable options for a match as their family may have anticipated. It is still early, of course, so perhaps just a matter of encouraging things to come together," the Lion asks with the tiniest hint of suggestiveness.

----------
D6, ME, Agenda "Kitsu Tsugumasa marries a female shugenja of high honor" at Nesshin. TN2. Courtesy/Water because charming Lion. | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image
2 agenda points. Net 1 strife.
3/12 composure
Description

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:05 am

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:01 pm
After his usual time of musing after the play was over, the Suzume got up from his chair. His face was still thoughtful, but something deep down seemed to indicate some small amount of frustration - although he was clearly doing his best to shake it off.

Seeing Yasu also hanging around by the back of the theatre, he slowly approaches her, nodding as he does so. "Ah, Kuni-sama! We meet again." He nods towards the stage. "I... must say I was expecting another Ichiro", he said with a soft chuckle. "Although... I should probably have expected an Imperial." A quiet, calm smile. "Anyway! I hope you had a pleasant day, if... well, moist? And... what did you think?", he said, motioning his head towards the stage again.
Yasu offers a bit of a seated bow. "Suzume-san! It has definitely been a damp day. My archery was definitely soggy to start things off, but there's a bit of competition to be found after this, so I think the day will end on a good note."

She looks to the stage. "Hmm, I think the Scorpion probably has at least one more agenda we don't see, or he wouldn't be working for an Otomo lord in the first place. Maybe there will be sequels where we see why he wanted to be so close to an Otomo kid." There's a shrug. "Maybe I'm just suspicious." With a quizzical tilt to her head she asks, "But what Ichiro were you expecting?"
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description