(D6, ME) D6: Ichiro by Kakita Takeo

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D6, ME) D6: Ichiro by Kakita Takeo

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:19 pm

"No. My father has been arranging for me to have my own household upon marriage. Because he knows how my mother can be. So assuming that I am not married into another family, The stipulation being that I also take in my youngest cousin that lives with them currently. I believe he wants to ease me into the idea of parenthood with a child that is not a newborn," he replied with a smile.

"And I don't mind that either. Rindo is a sweet girl, and I care for her deeply. But it will only be two or three years before she is in training with the Kitsu."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:15 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:22 am
The theater once again opens it's doors for yet another nightly performance. Kakita Reina and Doji Oharu, supporting their clan are in attendance, though they are having a fairly intense discussion behind fans.
The young Imperial takes steps toward the Topaz Champion and bows. "Kakita-sama. I hope Inari-kami has been kind."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:44 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:15 pm

The young Imperial takes steps toward the Topaz Champion and bows. "Kakita-sama. I hope Inari-kami has been kind."
Reina excused herself from the disagreable Oharu to offer a bow to Yuzu.

"Ah, good evening, Seppun-san. Indeed Inari has." she offered, glad to talk to someone pleasant. "I hope you have been similarly blessed since last we spoke."
Crane Clan * Topaz Champion * Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Those we help this season will help us next season."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:14 pm

"Ah. Some Fortunes are kind with me, since I barely deserve much praise. Especially after my poor display of skills lately. I expect to change that soon, anyhow." He raises his eyebrows and then bows to Reina again. "Thank you for the care of asking."

Then, after moment, he produces a plucked orchid he had been keeping for Reina. "Please, accept this token of gratitude for our meeting the other day."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:48 pm

Utaku Kheree wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:15 pm
It seems today emiko was not the only clumsy person in attendance, as Kheree walked past her, it seems in thought, and then stumbled for a moment nearly touching her .
"Oh please excuse me Usogawa-sama" she said "I was in thoughts and it seems you brought me out of them." she says trying to smooth her stumble over.
"Huh?" Emiko said, startled as someone tripped in front of her "ano, are you ok?" She quickly bowed to the woman.
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:49 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:46 pm
Nesshin arrives and finds a spot--and his player remembers to subscribe to the thread this time!

Still, please PM or quote if you want to talk--especially about magistracy and the like!
The big Lion, who was stealthier than most would guess, had slipped in just in time to see the play proper, and when the lights came up after, glanced around to see who he'd unknowingly say down near.

"Ah, good evening Shika-san. Matsu Ishioka of the Lion embassy guard at Kyuden Hida, as your watchfulness may have already discerned. How did you find tonight's play," he asks amiably, no particular emotion or expression on the Stone Matsu's face.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:53 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:49 pm
The big Lion, who was stealthier than most would guess, had slipped in just in time to see the play proper, and when the lights came up after, glanced around to see who he'd unknowingly say down near.

"Ah, good evening Shika-san. Matsu Ishioka of the Lion embassy guard at Kyuden Hida, as your watchfulness may have already discerned. How did you find tonight's play," he asks amiably, no particular emotion or expression on the Stone Matsu's face.
"Shika Nesshin," replies the Deer, giving a short bow and a grin as he adds "By walking through the door, of course."

He laughs.

"More seriously, however," he continues, "daring, especially after previous nights that featured others of the highest houses. I'm not a scholar of such things, so I cannot be certain, but I have to wonder if there is some critical theme being explored in the selections for the miai."

He shrugs. "But perhaps working with ambassadors have given Matsu-san a more exacting perspective; it would make for good hearing, if so."
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:03 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:48 pm

"Huh?" Emiko said, startled as someone tripped in front of her "ano, are you ok?" She quickly bowed to the woman.
She rose , and rose and rose up. "I am, " she answered before she bowed. "I hope that this one did not harm you with her action there?"
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:06 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:53 pm
"Shika Nesshin," replies the Deer, giving a short bow and a grin as he adds "By walking through the door, of course."

He laughs.

"More seriously, however," he continues, "daring, especially after previous nights that featured others of the highest houses. I'm not a scholar of such things, so I cannot be certain, but I have to wonder if there is some critical theme being explored in the selections for the miai."

He shrugs. "But perhaps working with ambassadors have given Matsu-san a more exacting perspective; it would make for good hearing, if so."
The Lion lives up to his nickname as the joke doesn't even register a nod of his head. But as Nesshin continues, the analytical side of the Matsu starts to engage.

"I have learned in recent nights that my perspective is heavily influenced by the ubiquitous draw-lot plays of the Crab lands, Shika-san. I've been posted there for several years and gotten very comfortable with that style, which... makes most of what i've seen at Kyuden Shika seem quite... Well, elaborate in all ways I guess."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:10 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:06 pm
The Lion lives up to his nickname as the joke doesn't even register a nod of his head. But as Nesshin continues, the analytical side of the Matsu starts to engage.

"I have learned in recent nights that my perspective is heavily influenced by the ubiquitous draw-lot plays of the Crab lands, Shika-san. I've been posted there for several years and gotten very comfortable with that style, which... makes most of what i've seen at Kyuden Shika seem quite... Well, elaborate in all ways I guess."
Nesshin doesn't put much stock in nicknames, and likely for good reason. But he is interested in the reply from the Lion, and continues the conversation thus:

"I've heard about the raw nature of those performances, and I think I'd like to see one sometime. We do try to push some things here, see how far the medium can be stretched; we can only improve by trying new things, after all. But you're right; we put a lot of effort into stage-making and the like, and I can see how they might distract from the acting, itself.

"But then, it also depends on what the point of the exercise is. Like in training, if the objective is to build stamina, it's not going to go the same way as one to build explosive speed, right?"

He shrugs.

"But then again, I'm not an expert. Just remembering what I've been told and what makes sense from it."
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."