(D6, ME) D6: Ichiro by Kakita Takeo

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Kitsuki Hajime

Re: (D6, ME) D6: Ichiro by Kakita Takeo

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:18 am

"Possibly." Hajime nodded in ready agreement. "Certainly the father loomed large in the son's mind even as he tried to hold him at bay. Yes, I think that might be exactly the point." He paused to consider. "I wonder what my parents wrote to the matchmaker. I hope it was complimentary."
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:12 am

Aimi wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:51 pm
So the play happened...
After that mess, Raizo was definitely glad Aimi was there.

It meant he hadn't completely wasted his time by attending.

Yes, because my time's so fucking valuable.

"So. That was... a play."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:13 am

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:18 am
"Possibly." Hajime nodded in ready agreement. "Certainly the father loomed large in the son's mind even as he tried to hold him at bay. Yes, I think that might be exactly the point." He paused to consider. "I wonder what my parents wrote to the matchmaker. I hope it was complimentary."
"I suspect my father wrote a mostly sterile and unexciting report, and simply included copies of his and my mother's family lines. The family ones being a significantly longer read. But if you got your poets soul from him I imagine that puts you on great footing.". He smiled at that.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:42 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:12 am
Aimi wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:51 pm
So the play happened...
After that mess, Raizo was definitely glad Aimi was there.

It meant he hadn't completely wasted his time by attending.

Yes, because my time's so fucking valuable.

"So. That was... a play."
"Indeed. 'twas a performance, an act, a... work of art, presumably," Aimi replies gravely, her lips twitching slightly with buried mirth. "One hears from time to time of yojimbo developing feelings for their charge, but an infiltrating spy?"
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:45 am

Aimi wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:42 am
"Indeed. 'twas a performance, an act, a... work of art, presumably," Aimi replies gravely, her lips twitching slightly with buried mirth. "One hears from time to time of yojimbo developing feelings for their charge, but an infiltrating spy?"
"Definitely relied upon... convenience and contrivance."

He sighed.

"Although there's something... genuine about the way our 'hero' ruthlessly exploits the emotional vulnerability of his lover without any actual indication of whether his own feelings are genuine or not..."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:49 pm

Yuzu wasn't late. He was just still trying to understand the whole play. It was very well performed, but the sense of double betrayal was odd. It really painted the Scorpion in a bad way, as well as the Otomo.

Well. Thinking a bit more over it, it starts to make sense.

--
PM if you approach.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:53 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:13 am

"I suspect my father wrote a mostly sterile and unexciting report, and simply included copies of his and my mother's family lines. The family ones being a significantly longer read. But if you got your poets soul from him I imagine that puts you on great footing.". He smiled at that.
"I rather suspect it is my mother who has been the dominating force in my life. I have always been her province, which is why I am the way that I am. My father would be interested, may even have contributed, but my mother was in charge of that correspondence. I suspect that she would be here if she could."
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:03 pm

"I understand the sentiment of one's mother being a dominating force, but my father was always more of the shaper. But mother... I have my bouts from time to time, but she gets angry and often. Something that might be a minor scolding from father will see me thrown out of the house on my ear for a day or two with her," he says with a smirk. "Stayed with other family and friends because of that more than a few times. Not uncommon with a Lion parent with a truly momentous temper."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:15 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:35 pm
Emiko sighed softly and shook her head. It started so well again, but the ending....

I don't understand what went so wrong.
It seems today emiko was not the only clumsy person in attendance, as Kheree walked past her, it seems in thought, and then stumbled for a moment nearly touching her .
"Oh please excuse me Usogawa-sama" she said "I was in thoughts and it seems you brought me out of them." she says trying to smooth her stumble over.
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:07 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:03 pm
"I understand the sentiment of one's mother being a dominating force, but my father was always more of the shaper. But mother... I have my bouts from time to time, but she gets angry and often. Something that might be a minor scolding from father will see me thrown out of the house on my ear for a day or two with her," he says with a smirk. "Stayed with other family and friends because of that more than a few times. Not uncommon with a Lion parent with a truly momentous temper."
Hajime nodded slowly. "And you'd be moving your spouse into your parents' household as well?"