(D5, ME) D5: My Lord's Daughter by Toshimichi

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Otomo Akimoro

Re: (D5, ME) D5: My Lord's Daughter by Toshimichi

Post by Otomo Akimoro » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:54 pm

Bayushi Minae wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:45 pm
Minae sat, and took out a crimson fan with the Scorpion mon emblazoned boldly upon it, which she gestured about the theater with before bringing it back to make her words a bit more private.

"Oh you know Otomo-sama. The usual cast of characters with all their flaws and faults stumbling their way towards an uncertain future filled will romance and misunderstandings." she offered sardonically.

She grinned a bit.

"There's even been a few plays put on in between all that."
"Nothing out of the ordinary, then," says Akimoro with a nod. "Hopefully the plays will rise to meet the quality of drama offered by the events off-stage. As long as they offer a chance to relax, though, I suppose they'll be acceptable. There's far too much strife beyond this city's walls, and we could all do with a brief easing of the burden."
Imperial • Courtier
Glory: 43, Honor: 20, Status: 50
Wears a chrysanthemum-shaped charm on his katana's scabbard. Sly, smirking jackass.

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:06 pm

Otomo Akimoro wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:54 pm

"Nothing out of the ordinary, then," says Akimoro with a nod. "Hopefully the plays will rise to meet the quality of drama offered by the events off-stage. As long as they offer a chance to relax, though, I suppose they'll be acceptable. There's far too much strife beyond this city's walls, and we could all do with a brief easing of the burden."
A demure shrug from the Scorpion.

"That remains to be seen, of course. The plays thus far have varied a fair amount in their reception. I think perhaps Ide Hogai's piece benefitted greatly from being the first on offer, so the novelty of it made it more appealing to some of the....more rural members of the audience. Miya Nissho's piece, in contrast, received much harsher criticism than I'm sure it's author was expecting. Yasuki Seiryo's piece was generally well received, benefitting from a surprisingly positive sentiment for the Crab from the audience. Shiba Isao's piece divided the audience. They either thought it was deep or they thought it was dumb, the opinion perhaps saying more about the opinion holder than the play itself."

She tapped her fan.

"Which leads us to tonight's performance. I expect this one to be more scandalous than the previous offering by far." she suggested.
Scorpion Clan *Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Oh my, however did that get there?"

Otomo Akimoro

Post by Otomo Akimoro » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:21 pm

Bayushi Minae wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:06 pm
A demure shrug from the Scorpion.

"That remains to be seen, of course. The plays thus far have varied a fair amount in their reception. I think perhaps Ide Hogai's piece benefitted greatly from being the first on offer, so the novelty of it made it more appealing to some of the....more rural members of the audience. Miya Nissho's piece, in contrast, received much harsher criticism than I'm sure it's author was expecting. Yasuki Seiryo's piece was generally well received, benefitting from a surprisingly positive sentiment for the Crab from the audience. Shiba Isao's piece divided the audience. They either thought it was deep or they thought it was dumb, the opinion perhaps saying more about the opinion holder than the play itself."

She tapped her fan.

"Which leads us to tonight's performance. I expect this one to be more scandalous than the previous offering by far." she suggested.
"I can only guess that it will offer a unique perspective," says Akimoro. "The name of tonight's offering contrasts with its author's lack of a family's name, and presumably a lord as well, except for any who might be willing to pay his price. I'm certain you're quite right, though, as ronin writers, in my experience, are often far more willing to push the boundaries of decorum, if not of taste."
Imperial • Courtier
Wears a chrysanthemum-shaped charm on his katana's scabbard. Sly, smirking jackass.

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:29 pm

Otomo Akimoro wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:21 pm

"I can only guess that it will offer a unique perspective," says Akimoro. "The name of tonight's offering contrasts with its author's lack of a family's name, and presumably a lord as well, except for any who might be willing to pay his price. I'm certain you're quite right, though, as ronin writers, in my experience, are often far more willing to push the boundaries of decorum, if not of taste."
Minae nodded agreeably.

"My thinking exactly, Otomo-sama. While I suppose it's possible they pulled a struggling Mantis playwright off a ship somewhere, i find it far more likely that the author is presenting as ronin."

She smiled a bit.

"It might even be that this 'ronin' exists solely for the purposes of producing this work. I could easily see someone wanting to publish something that is politically risky rather than merely lavations. Or perhaps both. With a title like that either could easily be the case." she admitted.
Scorpion Clan *Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Oh my, however did that get there?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:47 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:06 pm
Emiko arrived to watch the play, being less tired now compared to how she was earlier. She was curious how this one would play out, with a name that reminded her of how she'd been referred to in the past.

(ooc - quote to approach)
Hikimasu entered the theater, he was looking for someone. He wondered if they'd be around again. Should he not see the show without them? Well, maybe...

...oh, there's Emiko.

Should he though? Maybe, he didn't want to take all the woman's time, but no, he could admit to himself that's exactly what he wanted. Maybe he shouldn't be a bother, however. Then he realized he was doing it again, staring, so he shook it off and just walked over.

"Fancy meeting you here, Usogawa-san", said without the least bit of conspiracy in his voice. "Would you like to watch the play together, I'd be interested to hear your ideas on it."

Still, he looked around slightly. Was Kaikoga Fujiko really not coming this time? Maybe she was ill. He'd have to find out later.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Otomo Akimoro

Post by Otomo Akimoro » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 pm

Bayushi Minae wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:29 pm
Minae nodded agreeably.

"My thinking exactly, Otomo-sama. While I suppose it's possible they pulled a struggling Mantis playwright off a ship somewhere, i find it far more likely that the author is presenting as ronin."

She smiled a bit.

"It might even be that this 'ronin' exists solely for the purposes of producing this work. I could easily see someone wanting to publish something that is politically risky rather than merely lavations. Or perhaps both. With a title like that either could easily be the case." she admitted.
Akimoro is silent for a moment, a thoughtful expression crossing his face before fading away into his ever-present smirk.

"Quite possible, Bayushi-san, quite possible. It wouldn't be the first time a writer used a pen name, and if this offering is as scandalous as might be allowed given the name, I can certainly understand why this one would. It wouldn't do to draft a script that might be taken by some as a confession, after all. The real question, I suppose, is whether such an offering can be lifted into the category of proper art, or if it must remain among the more common fare, limited by an unknown writer and questionable topic."
Imperial • Courtier

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:17 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:22 am
Raizo, as had long since become habit, turned up for the fifth day or dramatic offerings.

So far they're 1 for 4. Let's see how tonight fares...
Shortly after the Phoenix took a seat, a Lion with a very bland expression sat down near him. Quick eyes would have caught the golden Matsu mons on the lapels of his copper-colored kimono before he sat and was turned to the stage.

After a moment, the broad-shouldered Lion bushi glanced at the seats around him. There was no change whatsoever to his neutral face, but he did give a small nod of greeting and a polite if dry, "Good evening, Phoenix-san."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:13 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:17 am
Shortly after the Phoenix took a seat, a Lion with a very bland expression sat down near him. Quick eyes would have caught the golden Matsu mons on the lapels of his copper-colored kimono before he sat and was turned to the stage.

After a moment, the broad-shouldered Lion bushi glanced at the seats around him. There was no change whatsoever to his neutral face, but he did give a small nod of greeting and a polite if dry, "Good evening, Phoenix-san."
Raizo had served with the type before, and returned the bow with a level expression of his own.

"Matsu-san. This one is Shiba Raizo, Nikutai in service to the armies of the Phoenix Clan. Have you had rice today?"
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:30 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:13 am
Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:17 am

Raizo had served with the type before, and returned the bow with a level expression of his own.

"Matsu-san. This one is Shiba Raizo, Nikutai in service to the armies of the Phoenix Clan. Have you had rice today?"
"I have, Shiba-san. Likewise, I hope. This one is Matsu Ishioka, nikutai in the Lion embassy guard at Kyuden Hida." He seems comfortable stopping there, but rethinks in order to be polite. "Uh, how has Shiba-san found the plays here?" The voice suggests a genuine curiosity, though there is no visual evidence to confirm it.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:44 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:30 am
"I have, Shiba-san. Likewise, I hope. This one is Matsu Ishioka, nikutai in the Lion embassy guard at Kyuden Hida." He seems comfortable stopping there, but rethinks in order to be polite. "Uh, how has Shiba-san found the plays here?" The voice suggests a genuine curiosity, though there is no visual evidence to confirm it.
Ah, small talk. How bad we all seem to be at it.

"A mixed bag, Matsu-san. I enjoyed the Crab's offering. The others I have found difficult to relate to."

A pause.

"Yesterday's particularly aggravated me."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe