(D5, ME) D5: My Lord's Daughter by Toshimichi

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Matsu Ishioka

Re: (D5, ME) D5: My Lord's Daughter by Toshimichi

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:58 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:26 am
"But fewer soiled hakama, and better food."
That gets the kind of hearty laugh that Ishioka hasn't given since he got here.

"Shiba-san is an excellent companion, for plays as well as other things I imagine. I think I will retire for this evening, but I hope we have occasion to speak again. Especially if there is help that we can provide regarding your preferred outcome." The Lion doesn't stress the pronoun he uses with providing help, but it might still stand out in Raizo's mind as the Lion stands and prepares to leave.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:52 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:58 pm
"Shiba-san is an excellent companion, for plays as well as other things I imagine. I think I will retire for this evening, but I hope we have occasion to speak again. Especially if there is help that we can provide regarding your preferred outcome." The Lion doesn't stress the pronoun he uses with providing help, but it might still stand out in Raizo's mind as the Lion stands and prepares to leave.
"Carry the Fortunes, Matsu-san."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:48 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:16 pm
"Perhaps we'll see, it would be hard to change if that was their intention though", he said. "The play schedule was written ahead of time, after all. Do you think we'll see a shift in the type soon?"
"It would make sense. If I were the director I would start the plays light hearted, then move onto more dramatic pieces as we reach the middle part of the miai as it would fit the mood. Then more happy pieces as we reach the end, in a celebrationy style" Emiko offered her views with a serious expression, as if she was considering the best way "perhaps the director here will do the same."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:56 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:48 pm
"It would make sense. If I were the director I would start the plays light hearted, then move onto more dramatic pieces as we reach the middle part of the miai as it would fit the mood. Then more happy pieces as we reach the end, in a celebrationy style" Emiko offered her views with a serious expression, as if she was considering the best way "perhaps the director here will do the same."
"It sounds reasonable, unless the director is one of those people who waits until the end to show us how much we don't deserve or understand their vision, and ends it all with a tragedy", he chuckled. "Let's hope not, though." He looked around. "Were you doing anything after this? I don't have plans but wasn't thinking of changing that much, I could walk with you back to inn if you'd like."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:58 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:56 pm
"It sounds reasonable, unless the director is one of those people who waits until the end to show us how much we don't deserve or understand their vision, and ends it all with a tragedy", he chuckled. "Let's hope not, though." He looked around. "Were you doing anything after this? I don't have plans but wasn't thinking of changing that much, I could walk with you back to inn if you'd like."
"A tragedy piece would be disappointing at a miai, but who knows?" Emiko shook her head "I'm doing nothing after this. I was going to head back to the inn and do some writing I think, so if Shosuro-sama isn't doing anything more we can walk back. It's the same direction anyway."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:05 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:58 pm
"A tragedy piece would be disappointing at a miai, but who knows?" Emiko shook her head "I'm doing nothing after this. I was going to head back to the inn and do some writing I think, so if Shosuro-sama isn't doing anything more we can walk back. It's the same direction anyway."
Well yes exactly the same direction until you take the five extra steps to get to your room, then possibly trip on something in the dark.

He smiled as she agreed, though.

"Then", he stood up and gave her room to do the same, though he did offer a hand in case...well...in case she tripped. "Let us off to find our umbrellas."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:59 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:05 pm
Well yes exactly the same direction until you take the five extra steps to get to your room, then possibly trip on something in the dark.

He smiled as she agreed, though.

"Then", he stood up and gave her room to do the same, though he did offer a hand in case...well...in case she tripped. "Let us off to find our umbrellas."
Emiko was able to stand on her own thankfully, although she did give him a smile for offering.

"Hai! Mine stands out a lot so it should be easy to find."

It was a bright blue colour with flowers, so it really did stand out. She made her way to the door and opened her umbrella, waiting for Hikimasu before heading out.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:10 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:59 pm
Emiko was able to stand on her own thankfully, although she did give him a smile for offering.

"Hai! Mine stands out a lot so it should be easy to find."

It was a bright blue colour with flowers, so it really did stand out. She made her way to the door and opened her umbrella, waiting for Hikimasu before heading out.
He didn't mention the untaken hand, no sense in it when it wasn't needed. He got his dark, plain umbrella, able to pick it out among those lent to visitors by little grey clouds around its edges.

"It's been a nice night, though", he mentioned to her as they exited. "I'm thankful for the time."

He meant it, but it wasn't what he wanted to say. He honestly couldn't find what he really wanted to say.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:17 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:10 pm
He didn't mention the untaken hand, no sense in it when it wasn't needed. He got his dark, plain umbrella, able to pick it out among those lent to visitors by little grey clouds around its edges.

"It's been a nice night, though", he mentioned to her as they exited. "I'm thankful for the time."

He meant it, but it wasn't what he wanted to say. He honestly couldn't find what he really wanted to say.
"As am I" Emiko said with a smile as she opened her umbrella quickly to avoid the rain "so thank you Shosuro-sama. Hopefully tomorrows play will be good."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:30 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:17 pm
"As am I" Emiko said with a smile as she opened her umbrella quickly to avoid the rain "so thank you Shosuro-sama. Hopefully tomorrows play will be good."
"I'm not betting on it, so much so I will likely use the time to tend to Yudaina as I mentioned the other day", he said thoughtfully. "Though I'll certainly want to hear your thoughts on it if you do go, it would be like me to miss the next Winter."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description