(D5, ME) D5: My Lord's Daughter by Toshimichi

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Bayushi Mitsu

Re: (D5, ME) D5: My Lord's Daughter by Toshimichi

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:16 am

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:24 pm
He laughs, and he rubs his hands together as if washing them.
"Perhaps, perhaps. A curious matter, nonetheless. Anyway, I recall we were speaking of having a meal, perhaps catching some fish. There was indeed a fish that wandered close to my net." Bayushi leaned in to whisper something to Shika.

"Do you know that one?" the Scorpion wondered as he straightened again. "Perhaps you could keep an eye out."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:09 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:53 pm

"There is. Whether the Deer agree is another matter, of course."
The Lion bows his head, respecting Raizo's comment.

"I am confident that the honorable Deer are quite talented at what they do. No disrespect should be seen," Ishioka assures. "The Lion Clan is not known for matchmaking, and we will be most thankful for the service of the Deer Clan here. I'm hopeful that there will be a long-lasting appreciation among my clan for the good matches we receive from the Deer nakodo," he says with genuine warmth. "This is quite an undertaking and I feel honored to be a part of it," Ishioka says, a friendly smile on his face, although he can imagine what Raizo thinks of him for it.

----------
D5, ME. Agenda "An ancestor of the Shika will bless the marriages of the Lion" at Shiba Raizo. TN2, Water/Courtesy. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image
1 agenda point, water opp to cancel 2 strife.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:20 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:09 am
The Lion bows his head, respecting Raizo's comment.

"I am confident that the honorable Deer are quite talented at what they do. No disrespect should be seen," Ishioka assures. "The Lion Clan is not known for matchmaking, and we will be most thankful for the service of the Deer Clan here. I'm hopeful that there will be a long-lasting appreciation among my clan for the good matches we receive from the Deer nakodo," he says with genuine warmth. "This is quite an undertaking and I feel honored to be a part of it," Ishioka says, a friendly smile on his face, although he can imagine what Raizo thinks of him for it.
That's a lot of verbiage to basically say "oh yeah, you're right, let's trust the process."

"I'm frankly still completely adrift about things, to be honest. I have my... personal connection, which I'll always be happy to have made, but..."

He sighed.

"There's a lot of miai left to go."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:32 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:20 am
That's a lot of verbiage to basically say "oh yeah, you're right, let's trust the process."

"I'm frankly still completely adrift about things, to be honest. I have my... personal connection, which I'll always be happy to have made, but..."

He sighed.

"There's a lot of miai left to go."
Ishioka smiles. "Quite so, Shiba-san. So true, i wish we had a bottle at hand to drink to that. It, ah..." His smile starts to wane and his shoulders deflate a little. "It's true for both good and ill. Nothing is safe or settled yet." Behind the positivity, the Phoenix can see this Lion doesn't feel as secure as he puts on.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:38 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:32 am
Ishioka smiles. "Quite so, Shiba-san. So true, i wish we had a bottle at hand to drink to that. It, ah..." His smile starts to wane and his shoulders deflate a little. "It's true for both good and ill. Nothing is safe or settled yet." Behind the positivity, the Phoenix can see this Lion doesn't feel as secure as he puts on.
Raizo chuckled.

"Just remember, we're all scared, Matsu-san. A bit like military service that way, hm?"
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:19 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:38 am
Raizo chuckled.

"Just remember, we're all scared, Matsu-san. A bit like military service that way, hm?"
"Mm, as you say, Shiba-san. Like military service, but without the satisfying opportunities to actually strike people." The Matsu grins pleasantly at the idea.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:26 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:19 am
"Mm, as you say, Shiba-san. Like military service, but without the satisfying opportunities to actually strike people." The Matsu grins pleasantly at the idea.
"But fewer soiled hakama, and better food."
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:22 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:55 pm
Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:23 pm
That brought a thoughtful expression to the face of the Otter woman.

"Hmm, I hadn't considered that, but it does seem to be comedy every night. Perhaps we do need some drama, or at least a little more variety. I agree with that actually, although I am a big fan of comedy. I wonder why the Deer have decided that every play would be comedy?"
He tried not to make it sound like it was obvious.

"They probably assumed people wouldn't go to the theater every night", he said. "With so many people showing up here every night, it makes other places more private, especially if they wouldn't be other wise."
"Why wouldn't they? It's raining every day, and the inn only has so much going for it. This was always going to be the main source for entertainment in my mind" Emiko said with a shake of her head "but perhaps they'll change it now they see how many are attending. Not that it's easy to do>"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:27 pm

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:16 am
"Perhaps, perhaps. A curious matter, nonetheless. Anyway, I recall we were speaking of having a meal, perhaps catching some fish. There was indeed a fish that wandered close to my net." Bayushi leaned in to whisper something to Shika.

"Do you know that one?" the Scorpion wondered as he straightened again. "Perhaps you could keep an eye out."
Nesshin blinks a couple of times at the name, and he says "I could look for that fish, yes. Any bait in particular to which it responds, or do you know yet?"
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:16 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote: "Why wouldn't they? It's raining every day, and the inn only has so much going for it. This was always going to be the main source for entertainment in my mind" Emiko said with a shake of her head "but perhaps they'll change it now they see how many are attending. Not that it's easy to do>"
"Perhaps we'll see, it would be hard to change if that was their intention though", he said. "The play schedule was written ahead of time, after all. Do you think we'll see a shift in the type soon?"
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."