(D5, ME) D5: My Lord's Daughter by Toshimichi

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Matsu Ishioka

Re: (D5, ME) D5: My Lord's Daughter by Toshimichi

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:18 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:37 pm

"Well, I'm providing... immoral support for a young Crane this evening, and probably hoisting a few cups of sake myself in the process, but there's always tomorrow."
The Lion gives a dark chuckle. "Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day," he says mildly, thinking of how the day had started for him. "But, ah, 'immoral support' Shiba-san? That sounds like something worse than drinking." The stoic man's eyes make clear he's joking again. "Would this young Crane be Asahina Soyokaze-san? He seemed a fine man when I met him and it would be a shame if he had need to be in his cups."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:22 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:18 pm
The Lion gives a dark chuckle. "Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day," he says mildly, thinking of how the day had started for him. "But, ah, 'immoral support' Shiba-san? That sounds like something worse than drinking." The stoic man's eyes make clear he's joking again. "Would this young Crane be Asahina Soyokaze-san? He seemed a fine man when I met him and it would be a shame if he had need to be in his cups."
"His... upbringing has left him skilled, capable... and convinced of his essential ineptitude. So. It's a tall order to counter his life to date in less than a week, but.... it's not like I'm socially polished enough to shine in society, so I may as well help someone who has a chance."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:46 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:22 pm
"His... upbringing has left him skilled, capable... and convinced of his essential ineptitude. So. It's a tall order to counter his life to date in less than a week, but.... it's not like I'm socially polished enough to shine in society, so I may as well help someone who has a chance."
The Matsu's eyes narrow a bit, looking curious perhaps. "It is well that Asahina-san has your support, Shiba-san. Unfortunate that he needs it, but as you say, there is... opportunity for him to improve here," Ishioka says, smiling a touch mischievously. "I am... also inclined to try to help some of the participants who are... not as well suited to this environment." He looks at Raizo seriously. "Is Shiba-san content with whatever the nakodo may have in store for you, or is there... some outcome that seems favorable in your eyes?" The inquisitive eyes over the otherwise thoroughly neutral face is something of an experience, though hardly unsettling to a soldier.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:53 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:46 pm
The Matsu's eyes narrow a bit, looking curious perhaps. "It is well that Asahina-san has your support, Shiba-san. Unfortunate that he needs it, but as you say, there is... opportunity for him to improve here," Ishioka says, smiling a touch mischievously. "I am... also inclined to try to help some of the participants who are... not as well suited to this environment." He looks at Raizo seriously. "Is Shiba-san content with whatever the nakodo may have in store for you, or is there... some outcome that seems favorable in your eyes?" The inquisitive eyes over the otherwise thoroughly neutral face is something of an experience, though hardly unsettling to a soldier.
"There is. Whether the Deer agree is another matter, of course."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:07 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:41 pm
Hikimasu sat thorugh it with her, a bit uncomfortable with the entire thing. All the details from the drunk daughter and owl to some of the lines given the bandits was far too reminiscent of the story of Soshi Aki, whose brothers affiliation with the Dorima Gang caused her an unmentionable incident.

She was married off to one her father's house guards, but it wasn't so light and fluffy as this.

The Shosuro painted on his best look of amusement.

"A bit far fetched, don't you think?" He asked. "Though i admit the tempo kept it funny."
"The ending was a little...it feels like the theater sees that there is a miai going on and has to end every piece with something linking to a marriage no matter how unlikely it is. The piece was quite funny though" Emiko said with a smile on her face "I enjoyed it. It wasn't as good as the first night but it's my second favourite for sure. Did you enjoy it Shosuro-sama?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:37 am

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:07 pm
"The ending was a little...it feels like the theater sees that there is a miai going on and has to end every piece with something linking to a marriage no matter how unlikely it is. The piece was quite funny though" Emiko said with a smile on her face "I enjoyed it. It wasn't as good as the first night but it's my second favourite for sure. Did you enjoy it Shosuro-sama?"
"Well...", he wanted to say no, but also yes. "I wasn't impressed, but I did enjoy the time spent."

He watched the darkness on stage.

"I prefer drama, I suppose. Comedy is difficult to enjoy so many nights in a row."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:23 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:37 am
"Well...", he wanted to say no, but also yes. "I wasn't impressed, but I did enjoy the time spent."

He watched the darkness on stage.

"I prefer drama, I suppose. Comedy is difficult to enjoy so many nights in a row."
That brought a thoughtful expression to the face of the Otter woman.

"Hmm, I hadn't considered that, but it does seem to be comedy every night. Perhaps we do need some drama, or at least a little more variety. I agree with that actually, although I am a big fan of comedy. I wonder why the Deer have decided that every play would be comedy?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:55 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:23 pm
That brought a thoughtful expression to the face of the Otter woman.

"Hmm, I hadn't considered that, but it does seem to be comedy every night. Perhaps we do need some drama, or at least a little more variety. I agree with that actually, although I am a big fan of comedy. I wonder why the Deer have decided that every play would be comedy?"
He tried not to make it sound like it was obvious.

"They probably assumed people wouldn't go to the theater every night", he said. "With so many people showing up here every night, it makes other places more private, especially if they wouldn't be other wise."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:42 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:54 pm
Nesshin returns the bow.

"It has thus far," he replies, "and I hope as much is true for you."
"I would say quite good for both of us, in fact - at least so far as how investigative abilities have been demonstrated." Bayushi ticked off his fingers one-by-one. "Detection, Intuition, Pursuit, Interrogation. That part, at least, was a success." [leaving a lot of room there since things are still in progress]

[agenda push!]
(D5, ME) Discussing the investigative abilities demonstrated - agenda push! | TN: 2 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image Image

...the play proceeds...

Bayushi made an appraising noise. "That was amusing, though it didn't otherwise have much to say for itself. I will say that the lord needs a better magistrate or master of information: no one was managing the mischief that the daughter and son were getting up to!"
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:24 pm

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:42 pm
Bayushi made an appraising noise. "That was amusing, though it didn't otherwise have much to say for itself. I will say that the lord needs a better magistrate or master of information: no one was managing the mischief that the daughter and son were getting up to!"
"Perhaps both," Nesshin replies. "Though perhaps the lord knew and contrived as much. After all, it's better to let quarry come in than to pursue it."

He laughs, and he rubs his hands together as if washing them.

~~~~~
Agenda back atcha!
https://sakkaku.org/rolls/948, opp to eat Strife, +3 each of Strife and Agenda
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."