(D4, ME) Mimei Matters by Shiba Isao

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Kaikoga Fujiko

Re: (D4, ME) Mimei Matters by Shiba Isao

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:41 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:32 pm
He considered that. "It's true we haven't seen the classic love triangle yet...do you think it's due so soon though?" he asked. "It would seem that should be something of a finale, if it's written well."
"Ending the miai with a reminder that some people won't be chosen and their love is in vain?" She smiled at Hikimasu to show him she wasn't serious. "You have a dark mind, Shosuro-sama."

"That being said," she added. "Given their theme of 'love conquers all', they might come with a more surprising ending."
Moth clan
44 Glory ¦ 52 Honor ¦ 35 Status
Wears an moth themed opal hair ornament
Looks sickly (incurable illness) and awkward (meekness)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:46 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:41 pm
"Ending the miai with a reminder that some people won't be chosen and their love is in vain?" She smiled at Hikimasu to show him she wasn't serious. "You have a dark mind, Shosuro-sama."

"That being said," she added. "Given their theme of 'love conquers all', they might come with a more surprising ending."
"Their theme is a joke", he grumbled. "Love conquers nothing, sometimes you just get people who agree with each other enough to be happy." he scratched the back of his head and motioned toward some seats for them. "Not as if I believe it has nothing to offer, but my experience so far has told me stories are nice because they don't happen, they're an escape."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shiba Taemon

Post by Shiba Taemon » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:49 pm

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:22 pm
Saibankan wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:20 am
Despite the rains coming town, many are willing to brave the rains to attend the theater. Shiba Taemon arrives early and takes a seat in the very front row, frowning at the empty stage.
Drifting up to the front, Bayushi Mitsu settled next to the Phoenix with a nod. "Greetings, Shiba-san. You look like a man with a difficulty." The Scorpion glanced around the stage as if there might be something there that was drawing the other samurai's ire, then finally turned his look back upon Shiba.
The Phoenix narrows his eyes at the Scorpion and frowns a bit.

"We have not met yet, Bayushi-san. I am Shiba Taemon." he offers, standing to bow, before resuming his seat.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Miai Candidate

"This is no laughing matter."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:54 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:19 pm
She nodded. "Hai."
"Your poem earlier was very nice. I enjoyed it and thank you for sharing it. But I am curious if you meant 'our' in a more general sense of 'all of our' or a specific one like 'just two people'?" he offers as a potential shift in conversation.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:56 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:46 pm
"Their theme is a joke", he grumbled. "Love conquers nothing, sometimes you just get people who agree with each other enough to be happy." he scratched the back of his head and motioned toward some seats for them. "Not as if I believe it has nothing to offer, but my experience so far has told me stories are nice because they don't happen, they're an escape."
"It feels like a conversation that should happen around sake." Fujiko giggled. "Did something happen? But yes, if stories followed real life, there would be no point to them."

She looked away, far away to something that wasn't there.

"All the same, without those stories, what else would we miss? Honor, hope, love,...?" Her voice trailed.
Moth clan

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:02 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:56 pm
"It feels like a conversation that should happen around sake." Fujiko giggled. "Did something happen? But yes, if stories followed real life, there would be no point to them."

She looked away, far away to something that wasn't there.

"All the same, without those stories, what else would we miss? Honor, hope, love,...?" Her voice trailed.
"I think anything that sparks the imagination has an equal chance of improving or harming your life", he said, also looking away to something else. "Though... if it's sake, we could go to the Song after this."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:05 pm

Shiba Taemon wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:49 pm
The Phoenix narrows his eyes at the Scorpion and frowns a bit.

"We have not met yet, Bayushi-san. I am Shiba Taemon." he offers, standing to bow, before resuming his seat.
"And I, Bayushi Mitsu," the Scorpion returned, bowing perhaps a bit casually but with respect enough. "Have you enjoyed the previous nights' plays?"
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:06 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:02 pm
"I think anything that sparks the imagination has an equal chance of improving or harming your life", he said, also looking away to something else. "Though... if it's sake, we could go to the Song after this."
"Why not? I haven't been there yet, truth to be told."
Moth clan

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:18 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:54 pm
Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:19 pm
She nodded. "Hai."
"Your poem earlier was very nice. I enjoyed it and thank you for sharing it. But I am curious if you meant 'our' in a more general sense of 'all of our' or a specific one like 'just two people'?" he offers as a potential shift in conversation.
"I just came up with it on the spot... so the general sense." she sighed. "this seems to be getting tougher everyday."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:21 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:06 pm
"Why not? I haven't been there yet, truth to be told."
Well, even he could tell her why not, but if Fujiko wasn't going to refuse, why bring it up?

"Then we'll toast to mistakes, anxiety, and finding happiness in the present", he nodded.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description