(D4, ME) Mimei Matters by Shiba Isao

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Shiba Raizo

Re: (D4, ME) Mimei Matters by Shiba Isao

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:30 am

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:24 am
"That is unfortunate. I have been writing poems since before I left my hoe to travel here, I was expecting this but when I stood up my mind went utterly blank and I had to wing it. I've written out the poem I cobbled together up there and it isn't bad but I was so nervous. Not at all how I thought this day would start."
Raizo waved away the condolences with a laugh.

"I'd expected the whole miai to be that sort of thing, and expected to wallow in abject failure as a result. So it's not exactly unfortunate from where I stand, merely expected. Besides. We need to stumble sometimes. Keeps us honest."

A pause.

"And anyhow, I was able to help out a couple of friends in the process of the morning, so I call it a win."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:32 am

Utaku Kheree wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:33 pm
Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:55 pm

"Unicorn-san." The young Seppun approaches and call Kheree's attention.
"Oh Hello " she looks at him and then her eyes slightly widen as she recognise a mon "Seppun-sama , how fare you since the quiet moment in which we met first?" she says clearly not sure if she should be charming or propper with him.
Kakita Sakura wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:03 pm
Sakura listens to the play- and in the aftermath, finds herself approaching the Unicorn, a smile on her face after a whispered conversation with her maid. “Ah. Utaku-san, yes? Might I ask how you found the play?”
"It was certainly having some Drama "She says as she looks at her , having so far only seen her from a distance. " with a ending that aims to make one think after all, so I am not displeased by it."
Sakura hums. "I cannot but think that both of that couple were incredibly foolish, in truth."

She smiles at the Seppun. "My greetings to you as well, Seppun-dono."
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:37 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:30 am
Raizo waved away the condolences with a laugh.

"I'd expected the whole miai to be that sort of thing, and expected to wallow in abject failure as a result. So it's not exactly unfortunate from where I stand, merely expected. Besides. We need to stumble sometimes. Keeps us honest."

A pause.

"And anyhow, I was able to help out a couple of friends in the process of the morning, so I call it a win."
"Then I am glad things worked out. By any chance would you be free to grab some sake tomorrow evening? I have been wanting to go, I was going to go tonight but when I looked inside it seemed that everyone there was locked in private conversation, so I came here instead. I wish I hadn't." His gaze wandered from Raizo's face to something over his shoulder. "I don't have much experience with it but I feel like I'm in need of a drink."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:48 am

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:37 am
"Then I am glad things worked out. By any chance would you be free to grab some sake tomorrow evening? I have been wanting to go, I was going to go tonight but when I looked inside it seemed that everyone there was locked in private conversation, so I came here instead. I wish I hadn't." His gaze wandered from Raizo's face to something over his shoulder. "I don't have much experience with it but I feel like I'm in need of a drink."
Raizo... didn't look toward the subject of Soyokaze's gaze. At a miai, it was entirely too likely to be someone he had an opinion on already.

"That bad, huh? Yeah, I think I could see my way clear to honoring Inari-no-kami that way. Just, ah... You say you don't have much experience. You ever have a hangover?"
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:12 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:48 am
Raizo... didn't look toward the subject of Soyokaze's gaze. At a miai, it was entirely too likely to be someone he had an opinion on already.

"That bad, huh? Yeah, I think I could see my way clear to honoring Inari-no-kami that way. Just, ah... You say you don't have much experience. You ever have a hangover?"
"No, I have heard it does not feel pleasant; but not feeling pleasant is why I wish to drink in the first place." He said with a momentary flash of determination.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:17 am

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:12 am
"No, I have heard it does not feel pleasant; but not feeling pleasant is why I wish to drink in the first place." He said with a momentary flash of determination.
"Just know that if you overdo it, you'll wake up feeling like a mujina is living in your head, and you'll most likely need to vomit."

A pause.

"Of course, such suffering will take your mind off of whatever else is bothering you. Temporarily."
Remember to Breathe

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:34 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:10 am
Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:46 pm
"Ah hai... but no umbrellas." She nodded.
He chuckled at that. "No umbrellas then," he said with a nod. Then he reddened a bit. "But if it is raining, be sure to have layers, Bai-chan."

White was pretty easy to see through when soaked. Not that he would be displeased seeing such. But he wasn't a perv trying to get a peep show, he was a flirt trying to get a smile and a blush, and maybe a touch of hands... or possibly a kiss.

Banish that thought.
"Huh?" The Kaito was puzzled. "I always wear layers."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:11 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:34 am
"Huh?" The Kaito was puzzled. "I always wear layers."
He nods at that. He was not familiar with what went onnunder a miko's clothing... yet, but maybe someday.

"I don't know what Miko clothing is like. I've.. never seen how many layers there are," he admits. Then he chuckled, "Never had to wear them either. Do you think it'd suit me if I became one?"
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:07 pm

"A shrine priest doesn't wear the nice garments that this one wears." The Kaito giggled lightly. "But if you want to we can try and find you something that may be closer to a maiden's clothes." The priestess said playfully.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Shiba Taemon

Post by Shiba Taemon » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:23 pm

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:14 am

"I suppose I like those that demonstrate some sort of moral, especially the subtle ones that make you reflect upon your own behavior. Did you ever hear of the Tragedy of Doji Jiro the Wise? That was a good one. Or anything that deals with the complexities of magistrates and machinations of malcontents. I like to practice my intuition and evaluation on the various suspects in the stories, you know?" Bayushi nodded. "I'm not half-bad, Shiba-san."

"There are those who would assume that you are all bad, Bayushi-san." he delivered stone-faced. "However, I am not among their number. It is admirable for you to both have good morals and good magisterial skills. One hopes you are able to achieve the five excellencies of good government, and avoid the four evils of bad government."
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Miai Candidate

"This is no laughing matter."