Re: (D4, ME) Mimei Matters by Shiba Isao

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:10 pm

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:03 pm
Utaku Kheree wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:47 pm
-snip-
-snip-
The boy raises an eyebrow. It seems the top contender at this point is really popular, after all.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:21 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:45 pm
The girl placed her hand not touching his elbow and smiled. "I hope that makes you feel better." It was not quite what she wanted to do but it could suffice. The play started and the Kaito sighed. Oubaihime shrugged. "Oh well I guess Shiba sama wanted to make a second play for the continuation of this one."
"There won't be another play," he says with confidence. "The stakes were already built up, the conflict brewed and the climax approached. The playwright wants to elicit an emotional sense of desperation and mystique, I'm almost sure of that. The actual duel does not matter, because they are twins, likely evenly matched and no matter who wins, it will feel tragic for either brother. It was intended to be a tragic ending, without displaying the tragedy, the one thing that people watch such things for. It is a very... emotionally controlling move."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:27 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:21 pm
"There won't be another play," he says with confidence. "The stakes were already built up, the conflict brewed and the climax approached. The playwright wants to elicit an emotional sense of desperation and mystique, I'm almost sure of that. The actual duel does not matter, because they are twins, likely evenly matched and no matter who wins, it will feel tragic for either brother. It was intended to be a tragic ending, without displaying the tragedy, the one thing that people watch such things for. It is a very... emotionally controlling move."
"Only losers, huh." The girl sighed. "Sad... very sad."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:33 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:55 pm

"Unicorn-san." The young Seppun approaches and call Kheree's attention.
"Oh Hello " she looks at him and then her eyes slightly widen as she recognise a mon "Seppun-sama , how fare you since the quiet moment in which we met first?" she says clearly not sure if she should be charming or propper with him.
Kakita Sakura wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:03 pm
Sakura listens to the play- and in the aftermath, finds herself approaching the Unicorn, a smile on her face after a whispered conversation with her maid. “Ah. Utaku-san, yes? Might I ask how you found the play?”
"It was certainly having some Drama "She says as she looks at her , having so far only seen her from a distance. " with a ending that aims to make one think after all, so I am not displeased by it."
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:35 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:27 pm
"Only losers, huh." The girl sighed. "Sad... very sad."
"It certainly is," he says with a nod. "But perhaps they showed us this play to encourage us not to compete with our twins for the same hand? I don't have a twin here, so I've got nothing to worry about. You haven't been doing any secret twin swapping on me have you?" he asks with a playful smile.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:52 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:35 pm

"It certainly is," he says with a nod. "But perhaps they showed us this play to encourage us not to compete with our twins for the same hand? I don't have a twin here, so I've got nothing to worry about. You haven't been doing any secret twin swapping on me have you?" he asks with a playful smile.
"Huh?" The girl looked at herself and to the Kitsu. "You would know who is who if I was not to be who I am."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:58 pm

"I'd like to think so. But twins can be tricky. I knew a pair of twins that liked to pretend to be each other and trick people for pranks. And they were very good at it." He chuckles at that.

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:23 pm

"Huh?" The priestess shrugged. "I thought you could see people's aura."
Smells like flowers

Ide Tomeo

Post by Ide Tomeo » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:42 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:09 am
Nesshin is also there.

Does he look slightly disheveled? Hard to tell, really; he's got the same issue Raizo does at the moment.

(Quote me to talk; I'm happy to do so!)
Tomeo, seated near Nesshin, watched the play play out, though he kept an occasional eye on the Scorpion in the crowd.

"Ah, truly a tragedy, wouldn't you say, Shika-san?" he commented. "To allow the machinations of a Scorpion beauty turn such strong bonds against one another. Truly, it is said every play has a Scorpion villain."

It was certainly a interpretation of Mimei. But she was certainly a subtle villain if that's what the author intended.
Unicorn Clan * Magistrate * Miai Candidate

"Look why don't we discuss what you saw over tea in my private quarfters? Away from all these...distractions."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:45 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:23 pm
"Huh?" The priestess shrugged. "I thought you could see people's aura."
"Not quite that," he says. "I see spirits. When spirits are connected to a person I can sense their presence. But the soul of the living is not a separate spirit or from another world, people appear as people unless something lingers near or in them."