(D4, ME) Mimei Matters by Shiba Isao

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Shiba Taemon

Re: (D4, ME) Mimei Matters by Shiba Isao

Post by Shiba Taemon » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:16 am

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:08 pm

"I did not see them all, but what I did see had some troubling elements. They are different from the plays in the capital, however I suppose the authors here are more focused on providing a romantic thread than anything else."

Bayushi shrugged. "I thought I'd see what's on offer tonight. It does help distract the mind from other matters, does it not?"
"There is that." the Phoenix agreed. "What sort of plays has Bayushi-san enjoyed at the capital?"
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Miai Candidate

"This is no laughing matter."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:11 am

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:53 pm
The Kaito kissed her fingers and was about to do something silly yet she stopped. The poor girl noted where they were and insted of moving her fingers to his elbow she covered her lips again to hide a chuckle. "My apologies Kitsu sama... I was going to do something silly."
"Worse things have happened than something silly," he said with a smile. "I would never hold a little silliness against someone."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:30 am

Yasu's been in back, hoping for something a bit more in line with the previous night's play as she quietly spreads her sleeves a bit to dry.

(PM if approaching. Will be very slow/sparse, just want to establish seeing the play.)
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:44 am

The lanterns are dimmed, and the play begins!

Mimei Matters by Shiba Isao

Shiba Sumiteru and Shiba Ginko share many things, a love of Noh plays, traditional dance, and more. They're so well-suited together than many have a hard time believing that they are not husband and wife, but instead brother and sister. However, their harmony is distrupted as they discover another thing they share: being in love with Shosuro Mimei. The two struggle to resolve the conflict between the love for their sibling and the object of their desire.

Pained by their inability to resolve the conflict, the two decide to resolve the matter via duel. The two meet in the garden where they first met Mimei to let the Heavens decide which of them should continue to court Mimei. They square up for the duel...but the curtain falls before the duel resolves, leaving the audience to come to their own conclusions.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:46 am

Soyokaze steps in just as the play begin, not wanting to cause a scene he watches from the back.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:59 am

Well. Not be disloyal, but that kinda sucked.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:41 am

Cowards, Nesshin thinks. But that's not unexpected; really kind of a traditional ending.

He's still available to talk.
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:45 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:11 am
"Worse things have happened than something silly," he said with a smile. "I would never hold a little silliness against someone."
The girl placed her hand not touching his elbow and smiled. "I hope that makes you feel better." It was not quite what she wanted to do but it could suffice. The play started and the Kaito sighed. Oubaihime shrugged. "Oh well I guess Shiba sama wanted to make a second play for the continuation of this one."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:55 pm

Utaku Kheree wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:47 pm
Without her raven and looking somewhat lost Kheree entered the theater, and nodded to a few of those people that she had spoken to more then once before she sat down alone clearly mulling over something.
"Unicorn-san." The young Seppun approaches and call Kheree's attention.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:03 pm

Utaku Kheree wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:47 pm
Without her raven and looking somewhat lost Kheree entered the theater, and nodded to a few of those people that she had spoken to more then once before she sat down alone clearly mulling over something.
Sakura listens to the play- and in the aftermath, finds herself approaching the Unicorn, a smile on her face after a whispered conversation with her maid. “Ah. Utaku-san, yes? Might I ask how you found the play?”
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.