(D3, ME) Ex-Hida by Yasuki Seiryo

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: (D3, ME) Ex-Hida by Yasuki Seiryo

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:40 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:35 pm
"Mh... this one felt much more 'by the books' than the previous one." She shook her head. "It feels a bit unfair that only one character has to learn to change, while the other has to learn how great the other is."

She waved a hand.

"And the daughter character was completely unrealistic. Really? A spoiled daughter who knows nothing of the world?"
He thought about that.

"I once had to explain to my Taisa that men, and generally women as well, don't wear perfume daily in the field, and the reason her fellow officers leave the baths when she arrives isn't because they are afraid of offending her family with improper bathhouse etiquette, it's that they don't have the self control to be around her naked."

He shrugged. "She didn't understand, until later when she ordered me to give her servants a week off and I was cleaning stables in their stead."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:45 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:14 pm
Yuzu settles her borrowed umbrella at the door, shaking water from her sleeves. The loaned umbrellas were made for smaller folks, honestly, but they were better than nothing. The water wouldn't much bother her simple traveling clothes in any case. Dark blue fabric is just a bit darker now. The umbrella spares her mask from the ravages of rain, and that's well worth the time to carry it.

Seeing the Sparrow, and considering the quantity of minor clan participants, she steps up beside him. "Good to get here early, it fills up. Care to join me down to the front? I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing a better depiction of my clan than last night." There's a somewhat belated bow and greeting. "Kuni Yasu, apprentice to Kuni Mari."
The Sparrow had greeted the Kuni with a bow and a smile at her comment. "I'll be pleased to, Kuni-sama. Suzume Senseki, guardian at Senbuku Mura at the northern Sparrow lands", he said in greeting. Then, as they walked to a place at the front, as suggested, he asks her: "If you'll allow me asking, Kuni-sama, did you feel slighted by the representation of your family in yesterday's play?"

As they sit down, however, and the play starts, he leaves it off at that... then repeats the question after the play is finished.

OOC:
As I said, sorry for the long absence -_-' hope we can still get something out of the conversation here!
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:30 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:40 pm
He thought about that.

"I once had to explain to my Taisa that men, and generally women as well, don't wear perfume daily in the field, and the reason her fellow officers leave the baths when she arrives isn't because they are afraid of offending her family with improper bathhouse etiquette, it's that they don't have the self control to be around her naked."

He shrugged. "She didn't understand, until later when she ordered me to give her servants a week off and I was cleaning stables in their stead."
"They don't?" Fujiko asked, proving once more that this play was pure imagination.

"It feels a bit unfair to send you to the stables when you've done nothing when the servants get a week off instead and they were the ones who faulted."
Moth clan
44 Glory ¦ 52 Honor ¦ 35 Status
Wears an moth themed opal hair ornament
Looks sickly (incurable illness) and awkward (meekness)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:48 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:30 pm
"They don't?" Fujiko asked, proving once more that this play was pure imagination.

"It feels a bit unfair to send you to the stables when you've done nothing when the servants get a week off instead and they were the ones who faulted."
He thought about what happened earlier that day, and the previous years of his life in general.

"Life isn't fair. It's grotesque and vicious, it wants to steal what you were given back and everyone in it thinks you owe them something."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:44 am

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:48 pm
He thought about what happened earlier that day, and the previous years of his life in general.

"Life isn't fair. It's grotesque and vicious, it wants to steal what you were given back and everyone in it thinks you owe them something."
Fujiko and her dying body was quite aware of that.

"Tell me about it..." she comiserated.

She looked down, her mood turning gloomy at the new direction this conversation was taking.

"Well, I try to look on the bright side, hard as it is sometimes," she finally added.
Moth clan

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:20 am

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:44 am

She looked down, her mood turning gloomy at the new direction this conversation was taking.

"Well, I try to look on the bright side, hard as it is sometimes," she finally added.
"Well... considering the past is full of mistakes and the future has nothing but anxiety, i find trying to be happy with the present is best", he said, now giving her a proper gaze. It wasn't entirely unfortunate, just a bit dead.

Hikimasu was certainly a bright side type.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:44 am

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:45 pm
The Sparrow had greeted the Kuni with a bow and a smile at her comment. "I'll be pleased to, Kuni-sama. Suzume Senseki, guardian at Senbuku Mura at the northern Sparrow lands", he said in greeting. Then, as they walked to a place at the front, as suggested, he asks her: "If you'll allow me asking, Kuni-sama, did you feel slighted by the representation of your family in yesterday's play?"

As they sit down, however, and the play starts, he leaves it off at that... then repeats the question after the play is finished.

OOC:
As I said, sorry for the long absence -_-' hope we can still get something out of the conversation here!
There's an indelicate snort; all the more disconcerting from the carefully painted face. "Slighted, that's a careful word. So irresponsible."

"Hmph..that said, good to meet *you* Suzume-san." Some emphasis implying that there were folks...like a certain playwright...she'd be less pleased to meet.

"I don't know how much you know about our Duty or methods or anything, but what impression'd you have of Witch Hunters, or Inquisitors for that matter!, after last night's work?"

OOC: No worries. Work has me away a lot and some other RL ate a lot of time yesterday.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:47 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:20 am
Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:44 am

"Well... considering the past is full of mistakes and the future has nothing but anxiety, i find trying to be happy with the present is best", he said, now giving her a proper gaze. It wasn't entirely unfortunate, just a bit dead.

Hikimasu was certainly a bright side type.
"Watching a play side by side, I would say the present isn't all that bad, is it?" She gave him a smile.
Moth clan

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:52 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:44 am
There's an indelicate snort; all the more disconcerting from the carefully painted face. "Slighted, that's a careful word. So irresponsible."

"Hmph..that said, good to meet *you* Suzume-san." Some emphasis implying that there were folks...like a certain playwright...she'd be less pleased to meet.

"I don't know how much you know about our Duty or methods or anything, but what impression'd you have of Witch Hunters, or Inquisitors for that matter!, after last night's work?"

OOC: No worries. Work has me away a lot and some other RL ate a lot of time yesterday.
Snort or not, the Sparrow looks at the Kuni with a smile - an eyebrow raising slightly at her tone might have gone unnoticed, or it might not. A moment of silence goes by before he answers.

"Hm. What I know of your folk is likely very little and imprecise... but we hear at least some stories. The Crab are our neighbours, after all", he says as the smile widens a small bit. "But then... well, I suppose my impression would be that both Witch-hunters and Inquisitors deal with great danger and darkness, and that weighs down on them. So much so, that they'd rather not take risks when they see something uncertain." He looks at the woman with another smile. "Of course the way the play put it uses that as comedic relief... but then I think it would be too dark for the purposes here if it portrayed the Kuni's and the Inquisitor's work as it really must be, I guess?"

Some more silence. "... I understand why Kuni-sama would feel it's disrespectful... but then... couldn't it be a sort of homage, instead?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:48 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:47 pm
"Watching a play side by side, I would say the present isn't all that bad, is it?" She gave him a smile.
"That could be said", he allowed, a little nervous, but he nodded. "Maybe we can keep doing this."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description