(D3, ME) Ex-Hida by Yasuki Seiryo

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Kaikoga Fujiko

Re: (D3, ME) Ex-Hida by Yasuki Seiryo

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:21 am

Fujiko entered the theater and shook off the drops on her umbrella. Walking further in, she looked around but didn't see her fellow play enthusiast from the previous day.

He's probably just late, she thought as she grabbed a seat and reserved one next to her for him.

"Oh, I can't wait to see what the story will be today!" she enthusiastically said to herself.

In the meantime, her eyes wandered around until they found some beautiful lady with a colorful bird.

Oh, my, she thought. What is it with these beautiful ladies and their birds? Should I get one for Koi-nee-sama?
Moth clan
44 Glory ¦ 52 Honor ¦ 35 Status
Wears an moth themed opal hair ornament
Looks sickly (incurable illness) and awkward (meekness)

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:25 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:06 am
She giggles prettily, not bothering to hide her smile. “I’m so glad! Having a companion to watch a show with is always a blessing.”

She gives the Shika an appraising look for a brief second.

“Shika-san, I have a question for you, but it may not be appropriate. I confess, out of all the samurai here, you’re the only one I’d need to ask this of! May I? Mushroom? That’s not the question.”

She holds out a small bag of mushrooms, popping one in her mouth.
It's a pretty giggle, Nesshin notes, and his smile matches hers. "I could stand a mushroom," he says, and "Ask away--though I may not answer.

"After all, we are here to learn about each other, aren't we?"
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:42 am

As Inoshishi gives the Deer a mushroom, she listens and her mouth quirks into another of her easy grins.

“Ah, then I think I know the answer to my question before I ask! But since you’ve so kindly given permission, I’ll ask anyway! Are you a host or also seeking a partner in this miai? I imagine you’re seeking, given your answer! Do you have any words of advice, being as you grew up here? I know you only pledged to answer one, but I thought id ask anyway!”

The tone of her voice shows that it’s mostly asked in the spirit of general conversation, but she’ll also clearly take any advice you have.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:06 am

Yet again the lanterns are dimmed, and as the crowd falls quiet the play begins:

D3: Ex-Hida by Yasuki Seiryo

After a brutal verbal tirade unleashed by Hida Yoshio at Otomo Shinichi, Shinichi's heart nearly fails and he is left under a doctor's care as Yoshio stomps back to Kyuden Hida.

Shinichi's daughter, Harukichi, has always been spoiled, and never set a dainty foot outside of the capital. However, after her father's collapse, she makes a vow to set things to right. Not by seeking revenge, but by travelling to Kyuden Hida and teaching Yoshio proper etiquette, "for that is NOT the way the Otomo are spoken to."

During their time together while Yoshio does learn to reign in his temper around "proper company" a bit, Harukichi learns a great deal about the devotion the Crab truly have to the Empire. Slowly, but surely the two fall for one another.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:21 am

Huh. I think I actually like this one.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:34 am

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:21 pm
Emiko, much like previous nights, arrived with a smile on her face. The plays couldn't get worse each night right?

(ooc - quote me or pm to approach)
Shortly before the play begins, a slightly dampened - being a bit broad of shoulder for standard umbrellas - Lion approaches the Otter.

"Usogawa-sama? I hoped to introduce myself before the play. This one is Matsu Ishioka, nikutai in the Lion embassy guard at Kyuden Hida. I am honored to meet you," he says, deep bass voice delivered in a polite but warm tone. He bows with great respect to the minor clanner, which perhaps already sets him apart from a typical Lion bushi, though the rock solid stoicism of his face is a very noticeable quality.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:02 am

Yasu had been prepared to be annoyed as the Otomo child went off with the intention of giving the crab a talking to, instead finding herself rather pleased with the development of the plot, and message therein.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:21 am

As the play ended Soyokaze looked at the crowds reactions, this was more what he thought people meant when they said "love".
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kasumi

Post by Kasumi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:23 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:56 pm

He bows once more, "Seppun Yuzu, Governor of Chisei. Please, treat me kindly."

Caramel eyes lock on the exotic bird and he asks, "That's a very different bird. Does it have a name?"
"Not one that can be repeated in polite company, alas." Se smiled, as se took a seat. The bird cawed and cackled.

"Well met Seppun-sama. I hope you are enjoying the miai so far?"
Mantis * Tenkinja * Wealthy * Has a parrot * Gaudy getup

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:55 am

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:21 am
As the play ended Soyokaze looked at the crowds reactions, this was more what he thought people meant when they said "love".
Raizo glanced at the smith.

"I'm not great expert on art, but this one worked for me. Maybe because they both had to do some growing."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe