(D3, ME) Ex-Hida by Yasuki Seiryo

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Matsu Ishioka

Re: (D3, ME) Ex-Hida by Yasuki Seiryo

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:29 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:55 pm
"A nakodo? Oh, you should spend more time with Usogawa Narumi-san, she's also training to be a nakodo as well. Perhaps you two would get along well? Two nakodo in training meeting at a miai, it would be fate ne?" Emiko brought a hand up to cover a giggle "me, I'm an artist and a sailor. I'm not as good as others in the Otter at sailing, so I suppose I'm more of a musician and a dancer."
"I think those are all good skills," the Lion says pleasantly. "And I'm pleased to say I've met Usogawa Narumi-san. She seems to be quite a remarkable person in my estimation," he says with a touch of a smile. "I'm really no nakodo myself," he says honestly, "but, ah, an admirer and interested student."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:15 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:31 am
"Or maybe just *that* Imperial," Yasu says with a somewhat dangerous glint to her eye.

But she easily shifts to the topic she introduced. "Too task-oriented?" She thinks a moment and nods a bit. "Other than these small events, they haven't really filled our schedules, have they? These plays are a pleasant way to settle in and let someone else fill an hour of my time."
"Well, that much is true!", he answers, somewhat flustered. "I... well, I end up looking for tasks myself to have something to focus on, I guess", he says with a silent chuckle. "Old habits and all, ne?"
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:31 am
As he asks what she's thought of the experience so far, she smiles, soft and a bit faraway in her focus. "It's been something. I'd been focused on my studies before and here...just focused on a match is very, very new and something I haven't trained for." She laughs a bit with a shake of her head. "From never noticing hints to having them painted in broad strokes on my eyes."

"I think the tests are interesting at least. I don't know much about the Shika's techniques to guess at how these things all work to predict a match, but kemari is fun at least. And I've never met so many folks who aren't Crab at one time before. That's been surprising." Settling back in her seat, to look curiously at the Sparrow, she adds, "never in my life met a Sparrow, for example."

"How about you? Think these tests are going to reveal your best match?"
When she mentions hints painted in broad strokes on her eyes, he squints his narrows one eye and widens another for a bit, to somewhat comical effect. Either he doesn't quite understand what she means - clearly he doesn't seem too used to noticing hints as well - or he focused too on the ambiguity of the painted on her face bit there. Was the painting supposed to mean something? Was it a hint?

With a slight shake of his head, he tried to focus on her words instead of letting his mind wander.

As she gets to her comment on never having met a Sparrow before, he gives her a weak smile and a nod. "I guess you not having met a Sparrow might be expected, even with the Crab being our neighbours. Our people venture into our neighbours' lands now and then, but we're generally a quiet, reserved folk, I guess... even my little experience with other Minor Clans close by is more than that of many in my clan, I suppose. But then... I suppose you'd heard some things about us?"

A weak grin. "Since we were talking about stereotypes, I wonder what you've heard of his."

Then he gets to her actual question... and it's met with a long time of pondering.

"Ano...", he says simply, and that's followed by another half a minute of silence. "I wouldn't claim to know anything of the Deer's methods...", he finally says, uncertainly. "But then... maybe it's less about what the tests reveal in terms of matches, and more about what they reveal about what each of us? What we like, how we feel doing certain things... that sort of thing?"

He looks down for a while, humbly, waving dismissively. "Again, this is only a hunch. It could be something entirely different... maybe even a Fortune - maybe Musubi no kami - keeping tallies of how each of us does in each thing and the head Matchmaker consulting with that Fortune at the end." He then looks at her with another grin. "Or maybe that Fortune keeps tallies and then, based on the results, asking lesser Fortunes guiding those that did best who they think their protected would prefer" A shrug. "I mean... that last one sounds unlikely, even with my limited knowledge of Fortunism..." A kind, somewhat silly smile. "But well... I suppose if nothing else, the tests could be a way for us to get to know each other better, ne? What do you think?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:06 am

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:15 am
As she gets to her comment on never having met a Sparrow before, he gives her a weak smile and a nod. "I guess you not having met a Sparrow might be expected, even with the Crab being our neighbours. Our people venture into our neighbours' lands now and then, but we're generally a quiet, reserved folk, I guess... even my little experience with other Minor Clans close by is more than that of many in my clan, I suppose. But then... I suppose you'd heard some things about us?"

A weak grin. "Since we were talking about stereotypes, I wonder what you've heard of his."

Then he gets to her actual question... and it's met with a long time of pondering.

"Ano...", he says simply, and that's followed by another half a minute of silence. "I wouldn't claim to know anything of the Deer's methods...", he finally says, uncertainly. "But then... maybe it's less about what the tests reveal in terms of matches, and more about what they reveal about what each of us? What we like, how we feel doing certain things... that sort of thing?"

He looks down for a while, humbly, waving dismissively. "Again, this is only a hunch. It could be something entirely different... maybe even a Fortune - maybe Musubi no kami - keeping tallies of how each of us does in each thing and the head Matchmaker consulting with that Fortune at the end." He then looks at her with another grin. "Or maybe that Fortune keeps tallies and then, based on the results, asking lesser Fortunes guiding those that did best who they think their protected would prefer" A shrug. "I mean... that last one sounds unlikely, even with my limited knowledge of Fortunism..." A kind, somewhat silly smile. "But well... I suppose if nothing else, the tests could be a way for us to get to know each other better, ne? What do you think?"
Yasu watches the squinting and staring and examining, becoming just a touch self-conscious. Was the paint smudged badly? She'd made sure to reapply it carefully after her time at the House of Night's Promises. Nothing to do about it until she finds a mirror, however, so she leaves it be...

in order to focus on Senseki's impressions and theories about the miai. Some parts received genial nodding and others a small grin. "I do think they're more interested in everything surrounding the actual competitions, yes, right down to conversations in the hallways

"Hai, little need for your folk to come so far as Kuni lands when they can likely find what they need talking to the Hida. As for what I've heard, it's mostly about poverty, long stories, and ...ah...yams? Was that actually a yam bonsai you gifted the other day?"
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:02 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:29 pm
"I think those are all good skills," the Lion says pleasantly. "And I'm pleased to say I've met Usogawa Narumi-san. She seems to be quite a remarkable person in my estimation," he says with a touch of a smile. "I'm really no nakodo myself," he says honestly, "but, ah, an admirer and interested student."
"Oh, you're not? Maybe you could learn from Narumi-san then while she is learning. A student team learning together! It sounds lovely I think, and you'll learn lots from her" Emiko said with a few nods "I think if one puts their mind to it they can do anything."

(ooc - my apology I was sure I'd replied...)
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:35 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:02 pm
"Oh, you're not? Maybe you could learn from Narumi-san then while she is learning. A student team learning together! It sounds lovely I think, and you'll learn lots from her" Emiko said with a few nods "I think if one puts their mind to it they can do anything."

(ooc - my apology I was sure I'd replied...)
Emiko's positive energy is infectious, even for the stoic Matsu who can't help but smile.

"That, ah, does sound very nice," he agrees, maybe a little bashfully although it's hard to tell on this man. "I do hope to learn a lot from her," he says with a clearly warm tone, the smile sticking around on his face.

"Ah, Usogawa-sama, I should not monopolize your evening," the Lion says politely, realizing they've been speaking a while. "Your conversation and thoughts on the play are appreciated. Perhaps we can speak again in the future, perhaps with Usogawa Narumi-san and one of my Kitsu cousins," he suggests innocently.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:19 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:35 pm
Emiko's positive energy is infectious, even for the stoic Matsu who can't help but smile.

"That, ah, does sound very nice," he agrees, maybe a little bashfully although it's hard to tell on this man. "I do hope to learn a lot from her," he says with a clearly warm tone, the smile sticking around on his face.

"Ah, Usogawa-sama, I should not monopolize your evening," the Lion says politely, realizing they've been speaking a while. "Your conversation and thoughts on the play are appreciated. Perhaps we can speak again in the future, perhaps with Usogawa Narumi-san and one of my Kitsu cousins," he suggests innocently.
"I have met with both of your Kitsu kin, and they're both wonderful people. I would enjoy speaking more in the future with yourself and your kin, and I'm sure Narumi-san would enjoy it too" Emiko nodded "although I would not wish to single either man out, so I cannot say who you should invite on that regard!"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:04 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:19 pm

"I have met with both of your Kitsu kin, and they're both wonderful people. I would enjoy speaking more in the future with yourself and your kin, and I'm sure Narumi-san would enjoy it too" Emiko nodded "although I would not wish to single either man out, so I cannot say who you should invite on that regard!"
"Perhaps this one can be of service, then, in speaking with my cousins. There is... significant motivation on my part to help in this regard," he says, revealing he's more than a little sweet on Narumi. "I shall try to make it happen as soon as possible," Ishioka promises.
Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:47 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:04 pm
Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:19 pm

"Perhaps this one can be of service, then, in speaking with my cousins. There is... significant motivation on my part to help in this regard," he says, revealing he's more than a little sweet on Narumi. "I shall try to make it happen as soon as possible," Ishioka promises.
"Perhaps in a few days then? You can speak with your kin and decide which one is better suited to such a meet" Emiko offered with a smile "I trust Matsu-samas judgement on this."