[D2, LE, open] Post-play promenade

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D2, LE, open] Post-play promenade

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:40 pm

Soyokaze's look was one of resignation, as if he had been here before many times. "Thank you for the compliment but we have only just met." Gesturing to the Matsu. "Though I suppose given where we are and the nature of the play..." He trailed off into silence as he continued to look back and forth between the floor and the Scorpion.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:31 am

The Stone Matsu's rock-steady facade twitched slightly. Twice. And settled slowly into a face that suggested eating a rather bitter fruit, and instead of spitting it out, holding it close to the front of the mouth and drawing out every vestige of that bitterness and channeling it into a wrathful fire in his eyes. A look that perhaps many Rokugani had seen for a spit second before being flattened - or worse - in a burst of Matsu fury. The wrathful look built as the others spoke, and no doubt they all saw it.

"Ahem," the Lion finally said, forcing the word out through a small, still-bitter-taste-looking mouth.

"While I'm sure," Ishioka says slowly, very intentionally, "that Asahina-san would be out of my league for such a match, we are not a couple. It would not be suitable," he says, wrath seeping into his voice, but the overall intensity of his face diminishing. "If you knew my family," he says with grave intensity as his face mostly relaxes, "you would understand."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:53 am

Hikimasu gave away nothing, eyes steady as a corpse.

See? This is how friends are made...

"Forgive my friend here", he said without a twinge.

Dying would be unfortunate, but so is life.

"She had a misconception and should apologize."

He looked at Fujiko.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:47 pm

Fujiko nodded at Hikimasu's knowing gaze.

Yes, don't worry, I understood your message, she tried to send that thought. Things are more complex than they look.

"I apologize for my misconceptions. I didn't know about your situation please forget I said anything," Fujiko said, bowing in apology. "If that isn't too forward, let me know if you need anything so that I can make it up to you, Matsu-sama, Asahina-sama." I'll keep your secret. Know that I'm on your side.

She didn't know which of the two to pity more. Ishioka, who struggled against the bounds of his family for an impossible love, or Soyokaze, who had to hear such a rejection, even knowing the reason.
Moth clan
44 Glory ¦ 52 Honor ¦ 35 Status
Wears an moth themed opal hair ornament
Looks sickly (incurable illness) and awkward (meekness)

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:33 pm

"I was just asking Ishioka-sama about the deeper meaning of the play but I think now that I'm asking the wrong question. The common thread across the two plays I've seen here seems to be that love conquers all. A nice sentiment of not a little... silly." As he spoke he shuffled a bit to his left, giving more space between himself and the angry Matsu.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:15 am

Ishioka's face has largely returned to a stony neutral. He had looked at the Scorpion for a moment as he spoke, then his eyes narrowed appraisingly at the little Moth as she spoke. They remained there, looking... brooding? as the Crane spoke.

With a grave tone, the Matsu says, "My friend Asahina-san had just been reminding me that miais are a good time to dispel misconceptions. Perhaps," the man says before taking a long breath to calm himself. "Perhaps Kaikoga-san will... honor me with a meeting." He exhales slowly. "To... better explain my family's situation. Less... abrupt... than I just was." The Lions face has settled into the kind of bland impassivity that one might expect from a stoic palace guard.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:32 am

I don'tunderstand, is he asking out the girl the person who didn't offend him is with?

Hikimasu had nothing to add. He'd much rather have addressed what the Asahina said.

"The play was frantic, funny, but it wasn't written to be the next Winter", he assured them.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:51 pm

Ishioka had the face of someone who was juggling with risk and reward as he asked for a more discreet meeting. Unsure of if he can trust me? Fujiko looked to Soyokaze in askance. Would that be alright for you?

"I did say I would do my best to help. If you so desire, we could meet tomorrow, Matsu-sama?" She proposed. Then, to make sure nobody thought she was here to steal anybody, she added. "Would Asahina-sama want to come along as well?"
Moth clan
44 Glory ¦ 52 Honor ¦ 35 Status
Wears an moth themed opal hair ornament
Looks sickly (incurable illness) and awkward (meekness)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:13 pm

I'll just be over here then, talking to myself about the play.

He hoped it would rain and give him and excuse to leave after all.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:28 pm

The Lion's eyes pivot to the Scorpion as Fujiko speaks to the Crane.

"Shosuro-san, a moment ago you commented on the play," Ishioka rumbled. It wasn't a question. "Would... A spar. In the dojo. If Shosuro-san can spare the time. Of course." It's a somewhat awkward combination of orders and courtesy as the Lion seems to have something on his mind that he isn't articulating.
Description