[D2, LE, open] Post-play promenade

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D2, LE, open] Post-play promenade

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:15 pm

The Matsu, surveying the scene even as he engaged with the Asahina, notes the Scorpion's attention and gives the smallest appreciable nod in reply. There's less distrust than in the look he'd given the Kitsuki earlier, simply the visual equivalent of "Hm."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:37 pm

"Forgive my outburst Ishioka-sama." Soyokaze says with a bow, embarrassed by his lack of etiquette. Upon seeing the Matsu's nod but not whom it was directed he quickly steps to the side making room for another to approach or for the Lion to leave. "I am sorry if I am keeping you from a prior engagement."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:08 pm

"Not at all," Ishioka rumbles pleasantly. "A Scorpion near the door seemed to take notice of us conversing. Perhaps he believes that as a Lion I should be strangling every Crane I come across? It is curious, but if one spends time trying to understand every curiosity a Scorpion puts before them, they will miss the sound of a knife being drawn behind them." The Matsu's voice remains relatively kind as he shares what sounds like a rather dark Lion proverb.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:22 pm

Soyokaze eyed the Shosuro warily.

"I do not see why we would hate each other, not here. Our current clans may be at crossed purposes right now this is a Miai, by the end of this event it's entirely possible that both of us could be making plans to marry into other clans. While unlikely you and I could both end up marrying into the Dragon Clan. We could switch clans. To hold your feelings for a clan against anyone here seems very narrowminded."

Having said these words he now regretted the look he gave the Scorpion.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:24 pm

Emerging from the theater, Fujiko looked at the cloudy night sky above her before hurrying to Hikimasu's side. The scorpion was leering at two men, one massive lion and a smaller crane - or at least people who looked like they came from those clans. So this was what he was into. As expected from someone who'd unveiled the relationship between the spymaster and the courtier in the play.

Not that Fujiko would judge. She did enjoy the play more in retrospect after knowing of this secret love, and she had to admit that the burly man and his smaller companion certainly had a certain visual appeal as a couple.

"Sorry for the wait. The crowd was... denser than I expected," she said as she reached Hikimasu's side.

Then, noticing that the two men were looking in their direction, she offered a small half bow as she wasn't certain they were indeed looking at them and not some hypothetical thing on the theater's gate or someone else in the crowd.
Moth clan
44 Glory ¦ 52 Honor ¦ 35 Status
Wears an moth themed opal hair ornament
Looks sickly (incurable illness) and awkward (meekness)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:31 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:24 pm
"Sorry for the wait. The crowd was... denser than I expected," she said as she reached Hikimasu's side.
"You didn't keep me waiting, it's nothing", he said and noted she was looking at the Matsu and Asahina.

Are they friends of hers?

"Oh but as I was saying before...uh...what was I saying before? Inside, I mean." He started to walk, it took them in the direction of the two samurai they'd both noticed. "You know...I think it might rain in a bit, do you get that feeling?"
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:35 pm

"Indeed, Asahina-san. Most sensible."

As another samurai joins the Scorpion, Ishioka's curiosity begins to get the better of his manners. Fujiko's modest bow is sufficient to tip the balance. "Asahina-san, I believe we should introduce ourselves." With that brief preamble, the Lion strolls toward the Scorpion and Moth, confident that the Crane will follow but unconcerned if he doesn't.

At the socially appropriate distance, Ishioka stops and bows to the couple. "Good evening, samas. Lovely couple that you are, you caught my attention and it would be most rude if I were not to introduce myself. I am Matsu Ishioka, nikutai of the Lion embassy guard in Kyuden Hida."
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:47 pm

Soyokaze follows just behind the Matsu and come to a stop on his left side before bowing low. "Blessed evening to you Shosuro-sama, Kaikoga-sama, I am Asahina Soyokaze. Did you enjoy the play?" Something was causing the Crane's hands to fidget ever so slightly.
Description

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:24 pm

"Ah, I believe we were talking about the inherent eroticism of two men from rival clans," she started without thinking, before stopping as two men of rival clans approached. "Ah, uh, yes, the sky is a bit cloudy, is it not?"

She was thankfully saved from digging her hole deeper by the greetings of the two newcomers.

"Oh please, while I appreciate your compliment, you and your companion are a much more lovely couple." She said, raising a hand to a slightly less pale - that probably counted as blushing - cheek, then startled as she realised she forgot to introduce herself as her head was still lost in her earlier conversation. "Ah, but where are my manners? Greetings to you as well. I am Kaikoga Fujiko, daughter of lord Kaikoga Aki, and this is Shosuro Hikimasu-sama," she added turning slightly in the Scorpion's direction.

Fujiko got back up from that weird manoeuver with a bright smile.

"And oh, yes, the play was just lovely!"
Moth clan
44 Glory ¦ 52 Honor ¦ 35 Status
Wears an moth themed opal hair ornament
Looks sickly (incurable illness) and awkward (meekness)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:32 pm

Hikimasu had spoken, seen the lion and crane approach, and was cut off from greeting them by Fujiko's... comment.

He broke out into a sweat. Is this person from the depths of Sakkaku?

Fortune had it that at least she introduced him, after calling them a couple.

She really did that...

The Scorpion's eyes showed how truly dead inside he was. This is a man to be pitied.

"An honor, Matsu-sama, Asahina-sama." He bowed.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."