[D2, LE, open] Post-play promenade

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Matsu Ishioka

[D2, LE, open] Post-play promenade

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:54 am

Given the still comfortable temperature, and the increasingly fascinating participants in the miai, Ishioka planned to stroll and think after the play. Instead, he had started to people-watch as the crowd departed the theater, with an option to stroll when the idea captured him. For now, he stretched his legs only a little, mostly staying put as he kept an eye on whoever might seem worth observing.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D2, LE, open] Post-play promenade

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:05 am

Soyokaze began to exit the theater, a look of consternation on his face. He struggled and stutter-stepped, desperate to avoid bumping into the mingling crowds he got tangled up in his own footing a came just short of colliding with the large Matsu. Soyokaze bowed hastily.

"P-Please forgive me Matsu-sama I mean no insult."

He bowed twice more in rapid succession before stepping back prepared to flee.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:16 am

The Lion turns his eyes toward the anxious Crane, face impassive and perhaps just about to unleash a fury, but instead his response is... atypical for a Matsu.

"No apologies necessary, Crane-san," he rumbles, his voice as warm as a distant thunderstorm but hardly threatening. "No harm and no alarm, hm?" There's a faint flicker of a smile, in fact. "I am Matsu Ishioka, nikutai of the Lion embassy guard at Kyuden Hida."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:26 am

"I am Asahina Soyokaze, it is an honor to meet you. May Inari's blessing never leave you."

The little Crane, though still intimidated, looked impressed with the Lion's station and duty.

He has achieved so much already, where as I...

"D-Did you enjoy the play?"
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:41 am

Ishioka nods slightly in respect of the mention of Inari.

"I am learning that... I am too used to draw lot plays," the Lion says matter of factly. "They are common among the Crab, and I find them enjoyable. The plays I've seen here are, ah, not as straightforward." There's a pause, and then the Matsu's voice rumbles again, though rather kindly, "And you, Asahina-san? How did you find the play?"
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:47 am

"I..." He started and then paused, the frustrated look returning to his face. "I do not believe i understood its deeper meanings. I did not understand last evenings play either." It was not easy for the young Asahina to admit this failing but his frustration was greater than his caution in this moment. "But the performances were excellent."
Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:02 am

The Lion gives several sniffs in short succession, which, with the very faint movement of his shoulders, suggests he is chuckling.

"I was similarly challenged. But if neither of us understands, a thoughtful Crane and a worldly Lion, then perhaps the trouble is with the play, not the audience? Although my Crab friend seemed to think she understood last night's play," he says, voice slowing to consider Yasu's impressions again. "Hm," he says abruptly, without spending too much time in thought. "Perhaps we should consult her about tonight's offering..." And fairly quickly he begins to shake his head, then gives a small bark of laughter at his joke.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:52 am

"If you think that is best -sama." He said softly. A bit quieter he said..." I'm beginning to think my invitation here was in error. "
Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:47 pm

The Lion gave a hearty guffaw at the Crane's quiet comment. In a quiet voice, Ishioka notes, "That's not the sort of thing to say out loud, Asahina-san." Then, returning to normal volume, he says, "Oh? Why do you say that?" The Lion remains visually stoic, but his voice had clearly softened toward Soyokaze.
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:49 pm

Arriving outside, Hikimasu watched the weather. It still might rain again, maybe he wasn't crazy for bringing the umbrella. Just behind him, someone else should be emerging. He stopped a moment to look around, letting them catch up in the crowd.

That is when he spied the uncomfortable Asahina and the overly genial Matsu in the center of the promenade.

Is this oneof those boy love stories my sister likes that's about to bloom?
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."