(D2, ME) Erratic Love (Play)

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Kitsuki Hajime

Re: (D2, ME) Erratic Love (Play)

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:29 pm

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:16 pm

"So are you some kind of poet or you just like doing that for fun?"
Hajime's eyes twinkled with mirth. "Hai, I am some kind of poet. The court kind; a talking pet with a stipend, really." He tilted his head. "Though one does like to try one's hand at non-commissioned things every now and then. Keeps the muscle in shape."

He looked up at the Otter, not without some positive appraisal. "I...expect you're a bushi?"
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:33 pm

Yasuki Jin wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:09 pm
"Oh but how could I choose just one, friendly Yasuki-san. They're all such varied varieties of idiocy, but I suppose I would not argue it was a good play," Narumi still was polite, if somewhat scathing. And still, her returned smile is not nearly as cheerful.
"How are you faring? Any prospective samurai-ko this one can assist a Crab in getting closer to? How goes your venture to woo a sake empire heiress?" here she chuckled lightly.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Yasuki Jin

Post by Yasuki Jin » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:44 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:33 pm
Yasuki Jin wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:09 pm
"Oh but how could I choose just one, friendly Yasuki-san. They're all such varied varieties of idiocy, but I suppose I would not argue it was a good play," Narumi still was polite, if somewhat scathing. And still, her returned smile is not nearly as cheerful.
"How are you faring? Any prospective samurai-ko this one can assist a Crab in getting closer to? How goes your venture to woo a sake empire heiress?" here she chuckled lightly.
Jin laughed at that.

"I don't know what to say, Usogawa-san. I've gone to the sake bar every night, and yet she's not there." he offers with a grin. "What about you, Usogawa-san? Convinced anyone that the river life is the best life?"
Crab Clan * Courtier* Miai Candidate

"Sake is the king of a thousand medicines!"

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:52 pm

Yasuki Jin wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:44 pm
She began to lighten up, as often she did around the Crab. He had a certain way she appreciated. But still, there was a bitterness to her thoughts that remained.
"Perhaps all she needs is a push into your waiting arms..." her grin was sardonic. "Oh...
Convinced? No, none yet. The struggle is real. I've been a bit busy offering my aid to samurai..." though here an eyebrow raises in thought. "Most have agreed to my help."

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Yasuki Jin

Post by Yasuki Jin » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:11 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:52 pm

She began to lighten up, as often she did around the Crab. He had a certain way she appreciated. But still, there was a bitterness to her thoughts that remained.
"Perhaps all she needs is a push into your waiting arms..." her grin was sardonic. "Oh...
Convinced? No, none yet. The struggle is real. I've been a bit busy offering my aid to samurai..." though here an eyebrow raises in thought. "Most have agreed to my help."
Jin chuckles.

"Y'know, Usogawa-san, I dunno if the Deer are going to like you poaching in their forest." he says with a sloppy grin. "Or t' put it another way, yank on the threads of fate they're trying to weave together."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:19 pm

Yasuki Jin wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:11 pm
"I considered that. And so I'm trying not to make waves," she shook her head at her own joke, and glanced around.
"Speaking of what the Deer might like, this one wonders if the Crane would benefit from their help in matters as well, though less in matters of the heart and more in matters of strength," she segwayed clumsily, and her nose wrinkled a little.

D2ME Agenda at Jin, Garner Deer clan military support for the Crane clan (Water/Courtesy) | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image Image

Yasuki Jin

Post by Yasuki Jin » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:43 pm

"Pfff." was Jin's considered opinion. "Gonna need a lot of swords this summer. Need more ta' go to the Wall, but fat chance of that. Everyone'd rather fight each other than stand together in defense of the Empire."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:47 pm

Yasuki Jin wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:43 pm
"You're not wrong, Yasuki-san," she conceded with a dip of her head, and looked about before returning her gaze to her Crab friend.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:25 am

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:50 pm
"No apologies necessary." The Scorpion gestured as if letting something drift away on the breeze.

"It is quite frustrating to witness such a depiction of incompetence, I imagine, and then have it presented in a manner that only reinforces the ill-informed notions others often hold." He shook his head slowly. "There are few enough who appreciate the dangers of the supernatural or the role of the Kuni in particular of protecting the rest of us from those dangers. I fear such things are too far removed from the capital to be able to capture the attention necessary, as you imply."

Bayushi tapped his chin thoughtfully. "In any event, I'm certain the author can easily be located, if you wish."
Yasu is nodding slightly without conscious thought to the gesture, recalling the playwright's name, at least, from the playbill. "Indeed. I'd like to send this Miya Nissho," she can't even be bothered to give the absent fool a polite -san or a dismissive -kun, "a message at the least." It would be more satisfying to let someone proficient in tetsubo deliver the message, but that's probably rather impractical right now."Would be good to know if they're stationed someplace with a Crab embassy."

Another calming breath and displeased "hmph," before she offers the Scorpion a sympathetic look. "Can't be easy having your clan depicted so foolishly either. "What spymaster doesn't actually know their own spies?" Yasu really has very little understanding of the spy business, but that just seems like common sense.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:38 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:26 pm
“Mmmm, it’s not quite that for me- it is that they lack *depth.*”
"Alright, allow me to try diving deeper then. Which is Kakita-san's favorite character, or hero?" He asks, after thinking for quite a long time.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes