(D1, ME) Everyone wants to be a Sailor (Play)

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Bayushi Minae

Re: (D1, ME) Everyone wants to be a Sailor (Play)

Post by Bayushi Minae » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:38 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:41 am

He nods and suggest, "Perhaps we can do somewhere open, like the garden."
Minae bowed at that.

"It shall be exactly as Seppun-sama wishes." she offers courteously.

Minae noted the samurai started to work their way out from the theater.

"Ah, but I think this is where we shall part ways this evening, Seppun-sama. It has been a wonderful evening, but all good things come to an end."
Scorpion Clan *Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Oh my, however did that get there?"

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:48 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:24 pm
The Matsu shrugs. Not so it would be seen across the room, but he's clearly less stony in this company. "I am just trying to assist my friend, Kuni-san. Whose description... seems to fit this one rather well," he observes, giving her a look like 'I was giving you an out with the height thing.'
"Huh. Does it then?" Her hands come together to rest in her lap, fingers interlaced as she blinks at him, not as comically slowly as he had a few moments ago, just in time with the thoughts spinning though her head.

"I admit, I kind of thought your family sent you here in hopes of getting you a match that took you elsewhere." She didn't say safer or more prestigious, but those were a few of the reasons she'd have given if asked.

"Benten's shining a..." oh right public, non sake-house, "bottom...You and Aiko compare notes about how dense visiting Kuni are after I left?" Yasu chuckles softly. "Hints from Hida and Matsu are supposed to be as subtle as tetsubo. Eh...maybe they were. It's just easy to be focused someplace else."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:20 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:48 am

"Huh. Does it then?" Her hands come together to rest in her lap, fingers interlaced as she blinks at him, not as comically slowly as he had a few moments ago, just in time with the thoughts spinning though her head.

"I admit, I kind of thought your family sent you here in hopes of getting you a match that took you elsewhere." She didn't say safer or more prestigious, but those were a few of the reasons she'd have given if asked.

"Benten's shining a..." oh right public, non sake-house, "bottom...You and Aiko compare notes about how dense visiting Kuni are after I left?" Yasu chuckles softly. "Hints from Hida and Matsu are supposed to be as subtle as tetsubo. Eh...maybe they were. It's just easy to be focused someplace else."
Ishioka notices the Kuni catch her language. Thinking of the potential sensitivities of things they might discuss more, he says, somewhat grudgingly, "Perhaps we should speak more at another time?" He gestures to the now mostly empty theater. "Our fellow participants have suggested we call it a night," he says, more jovially.

He makes to rise, then pauses. "One thing, though, Kuni-san," the Matsu says, looking very serious now. In a low but intense voice he says, "I will make sure that whomever your match is, they understand the seriousness of the Wall and your clan's sacred duty."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:09 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:20 am
Ishioka notices the Kuni catch her language. Thinking of the potential sensitivities of things they might discuss more, he says, somewhat grudgingly, "Perhaps we should speak more at another time?" He gestures to the now mostly empty theater. "Our fellow participants have suggested we call it a night," he says, more jovially.

He makes to rise, then pauses. "One thing, though, Kuni-san," the Matsu says, looking very serious now. In a low but intense voice he says, "I will make sure that whomever your match is, they understand the seriousness of the Wall and your clan's sacred duty."
Yasu nods, aware that she's getting very few answers to her questions thus far, but this isn't the time to press for it. Shifting to rise. But she also pauses at Ishioka's pronouncement. She raises one hand, palm out with firm shake of her head. "That's not _your_ duty, whatever angle you come at it from. You're not lord, nor family, nor matchmaker to meddle in things like that."

"Might be you in the end, and that's not something I'd oppose. We're friends. You've put the time in such that I don't question your understanding of my duty." There's a slight, crooked smile. "That can be enough to start. But it doesn't give you extra rights, hmm?"
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:47 am

Bayushi Minae wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:38 am
Minae bowed at that.

"It shall be exactly as Seppun-sama wishes." she offers courteously.

Minae noted the samurai started to work their way out from the theater.

"Ah, but I think this is where we shall part ways this evening, Seppun-sama. It has been a wonderful evening, but all good things come to an end."
He provides a bow and then departs, "It was a very good first evening... I mean... In the theater. Knowing there are other plays and all. Good night, and, eto... sleep well."

/exit
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes