(D1, ME) Everyone wants to be a Sailor (Play)

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Matsu Ishioka

Re: (D1, ME) Everyone wants to be a Sailor (Play)

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:17 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:22 am

Yasu pauses a moment to even remember what they were talking about before...before the play, actually...Otter...

"Was I?" she says a bit curiously, casting back. "hmm...something about you talking to the matchmaker and Usogawa-san...oh!" She fixes him with a knowing smile and upraised eybrow. "I mean, we were talking about you being dense in the face of a pretty Otter there for one."

"But yeah, then I was going to tell you about Susaki Tanabe. Taller'n me, tossed me around the dojo a bit today. I didn't think they came in that size on the rivers."
Ishioka's eyes narrow indignantly at being called dense, but there's a clear flinch of a smile across his face. "Hrm. Not the first time," he concedes before Yasu moves on to the big man.

"Maybe shipped in especially for you," the Lion makes a light joke, warming to the conversation a bit, though his on largely remained unflinching. "If you're interested in that sort of thing, of course," he quickly backpedals, or digs the hole deeper, belatedly realizing these are not expressions he's used to using.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:51 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:27 am
Perplexed, the boy raises the right side of his upper lip in an astonished expression. "Nani? A brush?"

It pains him to even picture the scene in his mind, "Please, tell me he's dead."
Minae nodded.

"Of that, have no doubt, she split him in half like an apple." she confirms. "However, she did not long outlive him. The shame of her actions, magnified by the Scorpion's defiance led to her requesting the three cuts. His letters may not have publicly shamed her, but his last defiant act did, and with him already being dead, there was no other way for her to cleanse her shame."

Minae closed her fan.

"As I said at the start, some people take games too far."
Scorpion Clan *Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Oh my, however did that get there?"

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:12 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:17 am
Ishioka's eyes narrow indignantly at being called dense, but there's a clear flinch of a smile across his face. "Hrm. Not the first time," he concedes before Yasu moves on to the big man.

"Maybe shipped in especially for you," the Lion makes a light joke, warming to the conversation a bit, though his on largely remained unflinching. "If you're interested in that sort of thing, of course," he quickly backpedals, or digs the hole deeper, belatedly realizing these are not expressions he's used to using.
Perhaps surprisingly, she doesn't answer right off, glancing away a moment before blinking in surprise. "Didn't see him come in," she says, returning her attention to Ishioka. "Just over there." A very small movement of her head indicates direction. "Someone made some very good guesses about what I'm interested in if they sent him on purpose....or, shipped him." She grins. "I did see what you did there, and want to tell you that your humorless Lion card in jeopardy if you keep that up."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:01 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:16 am
Sakura blushes softly, Emiko's charm definitely hitting the mark- hiding it behind a fan for a moment, she smiles. "I would be honoured to do so, Usogawa-sama."
"That's wonderful to hear!" Emikos joy could be heard in her voice, she was clearly pleased "thank you Kakita-san. If there is anything I can assist you with also, please don't hesistate to ask. I've never actually written anything before for a performance, so hopefully I don't create some horrible piece that nobody likes."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:05 am

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:01 am
Kakita Sakura wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:16 am
Sakura blushes softly, Emiko's charm definitely hitting the mark- hiding it behind a fan for a moment, she smiles. "I would be honoured to do so, Usogawa-sama."
"That's wonderful to hear!" Emikos joy could be heard in her voice, she was clearly pleased "thank you Kakita-san. If there is anything I can assist you with also, please don't hesistate to ask. I've never actually written anything before for a performance, so hopefully I don't create some horrible piece that nobody likes."
"I am certain that whatever you write would be wonderful, Usogawa-san- -sama-"

Sakura blushes, hiding it behind her fan again. Goodness, she's blushing like the first time she and Reina... well, anyways.
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:34 am

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:51 pm
Shiba Tomoe wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:15 am
"The Kitsu had an opportunity pass her by. That doesn't preclude her from finding something meaningful or even loving in the future. Who knows, maybe a continuation of this story might lead to an eventual torrid affair, broken hearts and lost love. But where it actually left off was pleasant."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:36 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:05 am

Sakura blushes, hiding it behind her fan again. Goodness, she's blushing like the first time she and Reina... well, anyways.
"Thank you" Emiko said, lowering her head "when would you like to practice acting? I would be happy to help with this anytime."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:26 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:36 am
Kakita Sakura wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:05 am

"Thank you" Emiko said, lowering her head "when would you like to practice acting? I would be happy to help with this anytime."
“Perhaps tomorrow, Usogawa-sama?”
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:30 pm

Bayushi Minae wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:51 am
Minae nodded.

"Of that, have no doubt, she split him in half like an apple." she confirms. "However, she did not long outlive him. The shame of her actions, magnified by the Scorpion's defiance led to her requesting the three cuts. His letters may not have publicly shamed her, but his last defiant act did, and with him already being dead, there was no other way for her to cleanse her shame."

Minae closed her fan.

"As I said at the start, some people take games too far."
"I am terrible at games such as these. Better learn from others first and not make a fool of myself." He nods a couple of times.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:47 pm

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:26 pm
“Perhaps tomorrow, Usogawa-sama?”
"Hai, that would work" Emiko said with a smile "I don't know if there's a good place to practice away from prying eyes if you want privacy. Maybe come to my room at the inn?"