(D1, ME) Everyone wants to be a Sailor (Play)

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Matsu Ishioka

Re: (D1, ME) Everyone wants to be a Sailor (Play)

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:55 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:55 pm
Yasu shakes her head a bit. "That's all kind of bad luck, but then your marriage gets complicated by that and you're going to need kind of special attention...not the happy randomness we've got here." She pauses, considering the Otter heir. "Well, that's for the great clans, at least. I think miai are mostly for people not quite important enough for the clan to need them married a certain way, but important enough to invest in a good match that might build some ties." Her grin is a bit rueful. "Doesn't make sense throwing resources at getting their bad luck cases connected like that." It's a very Crab perspective. Some clans were wealthy enough for the resources to mean a lot less.

"Minor clans? It's a chance to snag some more important ties than they might be able to arrange at court. So I guess they might send someone again."
Ishioka nods agreeably, appreciative of the practical, Crab-style perspective. "Yes. Could happen, but is quite unlikely." He seems pleased, giving a final nod of approval to this understanding and showing a tiny relaxation in his shoulders. "Erm. You mentioned... discussing something else earlier. About an Otter?" He looks slightly pensive, trying to recall the topic.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:12 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:54 pm
"That we do! And gossip about what we've seen on said travels. Compare notes, as it were." she grinned.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:51 pm

Shiba Tomoe wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:15 am
"Ah. Good evening. I am Shiba Tomoe." She bows her head in greeting, smiling in return to both. "I found the play quite enthralling. It held my attention to the end. The misunderstandings particularly were amusing, but I was glad to see a resolution with a clear head for the two finding each other. Made for a tale with a happy ending."

She nods. "How did Kitsu-san and Suzume-san find the play?"
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:01 am
He bowed his head to the Sparrow, offering a greeting. "I am Kitsu Murato."

Sharing his attention with both of them. "I thought it was perhaps meant to suggest to us that even if things seem complicated or difficult during our pursuits, that eventually we'll end up with who we are meant to. But I may be reading too much into it. Perhaps the Deer just like a romantic story, not unlike most. I had read this play before, and appreciated it but this is my first time seeing it put on. The acting was very good."

Then he said more quietly, "But the Ide was the best character. I liked that she was the only one that truly knew what she wanted and chased it without concern for the rest of the world. A very spirited woman."
Another bow, appropriately lower than then both, and another smile. "Pleased to meet you, Kitsu-sama, Shiba-sama", he says, and then proceeds to listen attentively to their comments on the play. He seems quiet and thoughtful, nodding as they speak, as if carefully committing their ideas to mind.

Some seconds after the Kitsu's words, he shares some thoughts as well. "I was glad to see a happy ending as well", he says with a smile to the Shiba. "Although I couldn't help but wonder - was it happy for the Kitsu as well? I wonder... if she loved her late husband, she may be happy with the memories of him... and maybe also memories of their courting. I suppose the whole things with memories adds an interesting angle to the story!", he says with a happy nod.

He then looks a bit curiously to the Kitsu. "Of course I say that from an outside perspective and a simple mind, ne? As a Kitsu yourself, what do you think, Kitsu-sama? And also... I see you greatly liked the Ide lady!"

He then looks at both of them, one after another, before asking. "Do you think... maybe her love of the Doji was more, or clearer, than his for her?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:00 pm

With the play concluded Soyokaze slips out of the theater, a mild look of disappointment on his face.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:41 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:12 pm
"That we do! And gossip about what we've seen on said travels. Compare notes, as it were." she grinned.
"Never heard it called gossip.... but I suppose the word fits, for all of that."

He smiled.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:13 pm

Bayushi Minae wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:56 pm
Minae leans back with a nod.

"Indeed not. To insist on such brings shame to the entire dueling tradition But she could not comprehend the tragedy she was racing towards." Minae said, with a casual wave of her fan.

"For you see, the diplomat overseeing the Scorpion delegation at court had grown weary of the Scorpion's antics. And so rather than refuse to give permission for the duel, or pressure the Crane to withdraw their shameful challenge, he acceded to their demands in full. The courtier would face the duelist in a duel to the death with no champion."
"A Scorpion willing to remove a clan mate. How..." The boy looks at Minae to study the word better and avoid offense, "Odd."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:25 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:13 pm

"A Scorpion willing to remove a clan mate. How..." The boy looks at Minae to study the word better and avoid offense, "Odd."
This earned a small shrug from Minae.

"Perhaps he was more concerned about his own interests, perhaps the courtier personally slighted him....or perhaps he knew what would happen." she replied.

"for when the day of the duel came, the Kakita came with her katana ready for a duel to a death. The courtier....came with an ink brush. 'This is the only weapon I have ever held in my hands' he said. 'But if this is truly the judgement of the Heavens rather than a legal excuse for murder, then I need no other weapon."
Scorpion Clan *Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Oh my, however did that get there?"

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:27 am

Perplexed, the boy raises the right side of his upper lip in an astonished expression. "Nani? A brush?"

It pains him to even picture the scene in his mind, "Please, tell me he's dead."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:16 am

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:33 am
Kakita Sakura wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:27 pm
“Hmmmm, I can't say I have.”

Sakura hums. “It’s not something we Kakita tend to focus on. Whether I ever might consider it…perhaps.”
"I think Kakita-san would be quite good at it. She has the natural beauty that would be welcome on the stage, and I believe you have the natural talent within you. Acting and dance often links well with those who have an affinity for martial arts."

Emiko paused, before continuing.

"I had been considering maybe putting on a performance once the miai is over, as a memory for everyone to carry on after we finish. I could teach you about acting, then Kakita-san could join me on this? I think it would be a really memorable way to finish this event and a great beginning for the new life following after marriage, ne?"

D1 ME - Pursuing the Agenda. Water/Performance TN2 | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 1
Sakura blushes softly, Emiko's charm definitely hitting the mark- hiding it behind a fan for a moment, she smiles. "I would be honoured to do so, Usogawa-sama."
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:22 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:55 pm
Ishioka nods agreeably, appreciative of the practical, Crab-style perspective. "Yes. Could happen, but is quite unlikely." He seems pleased, giving a final nod of approval to this understanding and showing a tiny relaxation in his shoulders. "Erm. You mentioned... discussing something else earlier. About an Otter?" He looks slightly pensive, trying to recall the topic.
Yasu pauses a moment to even remember what they were talking about before...before the play, actually...Otter...

"Was I?" she says a bit curiously, casting back. "hmm...something about you talking to the matchmaker and Usogawa-san...oh!" She fixes him with a knowing smile and upraised eybrow. "I mean, we were talking about you being dense in the face of a pretty Otter there for one."

"But yeah, then I was going to tell you about Susaki Tanabe. Taller'n me, tossed me around the dojo a bit today. I didn't think they came in that size on the rivers."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description