(D0, EA) Just Passing By

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Bayushi Minae

Re: (D0, EA) Just Passing By

Post by Bayushi Minae » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:01 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:46 am
He shakes his head. "I have not. Was he a hero fallen from grace?"

She takes control of his eyes once again.
The fan flutters cooling the Scorpion and drawing the Seppun's attention in.

"Hm, I suppose that depends on the viewer. He was a deeply flawed man, a faithful general for his lord, and a faithless husband to his wife. He had quite the torrid affair with a geisha, of all people, whom he then murdered to try and keep his secret." she recalls

She lowers her voice a bit, her voice taking a more conspiratorial tone to draw the Seppun a bit closer.

"But secrets, even those buried in a tomb, have a way of coming back to haunt people at the most unfortuitous time. His wife discovered his indiscretions and on the day of the battle with his biggest foe, Shubei, she confronts him and demands his seppuku. If he follows the honorable path his men will fall in battle, but were his wife to die, he could go on to lead his men to glorious victory..."

At which point, she pauses, waiting for the Seppun's reaction.
Scorpion Clan *Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Oh my, however did that get there?"

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:06 am

The Seppun can't heklp but to approach a bit more to listen better. Not that he wasn't keen on hearing, much to the opposite. He was just entangled into the topic. He asks. "Why would he kill a poor geisha, and how could a wife demand a husband's sepukku. That's indeed a very bad story for a play."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:13 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:06 am
The Seppun can't heklp but to approach a bit more to listen better. Not that he wasn't keen on hearing, much to the opposite. He was just entangled into the topic. He asks. "Why would he kill a poor geisha, and how could a wife demand a husband's sepukku. That's indeed a very bad story for a play."
"Never underestimate one's wife, Seppun-sama. Especially not when they are the political power you've built your position upon. One does not rise to a position of power based on the strength of their sword arm alone. Had he simply ignored her and went onto the battlefield, he would have gained glory, only to return home to find himself stripped of his rank"

She shakes her head.

"The death of the geisha was indeed senseless. He COULD have safely ignored her. But strong drink can cloud a samurai's mind, and once one takes a life, even if one did not mean to, it can not be restored." she offers.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:40 am

The creepy geisha killing topic does get stuck in his mind for more than he would have imagined. He nods a couple of times, saying, "Bayushi-san is most correct. My own father always mentioned that he would have been nothing without mother. Even if they have different duties today that make them live apart."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:47 pm

An agreeable flutter of the fan supports the Seppun's words.

"As expected of the education of a scion of the Imperial families," she says with a nod, acknowledging the Seppun's superiority.

She smiles a bit.

"And now you have come to Kyuden Shika, Sepuun-sama, to find your own partner to support your household. You must have high standards indeed. But I am quite certain that the legendary matchmakers of Kyuden Shika are well up to the task." she says confidently.

She pauses a moment, letting the Seppun guide the conversation to the next point.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:55 pm

He leans back a bit, brow furrowed in thought. After a deep inhale, he says, "Support my household... I do hope they are good at this. It wasn't something I had planned."

Taking another look at Minae, he asks, holing a blush, "Bayushi-san's name is... eto... on the list. The list I was given prior."
DescriptionTheme

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:35 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:55 pm
He leans back a bit, brow furrowed in thought. After a deep inhale, he says, "Support my household... I do hope they are good at this. It wasn't something I had planned."

Taking another look at Minae, he asks, holing a blush, "Bayushi-san's name is... eto... on the list. The list I was given prior."
The Scorpion offers a deep bow.

"I am, of course, deeply honored to be worthy of Seppun-sama's consideration." she says with warmth.

There is a hint of a smile behind her fan when she rises again.

"I am certain that the matchmakers will have their many questions, but might I suggest Seppun-sama take this opportunity to get to know this particular candidate a bit better? I find it useful to take the time to learn things directly from the source, rather than filtered through another's perceptions, whenever possible." she offers.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:43 pm

"Eto... sure." The boy looks to either side, and doesn't seem to notice he was called for. No easy exit route. He wets his lips and clears his throat at the invitation and says. "It will be an honor."

Awkward silence reigns, as he's not sure how to proceed from this point on.
DescriptionTheme

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:51 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:43 pm
"Eto... sure." The boy looks to either side, and doesn't seem to notice he was called for. No easy exit route. He wets his lips and clears his throat at the invitation and says. "It will be an honor."

Awkward silence reigns, as he's not sure how to proceed from this point on.
A quick sharp snap! of the Scorpion closing her fan breaks the awkward silence.

"And, of course, I hope Seppun-sama would be willing to entertain my own questions concerning himself. Not only would it greatly aid me in my own list, but sometimes questions are telling in and of themselves, ne?" she offers, taking up the conversation.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:00 pm

He blinks at the snap and nods, issuing a sounded, "Hai!"

"Questions." He nods again, searching deep in his mind the best course of action. He reminds of his older brother telling him how he managed to swoop the hearts of several ladies during a previous Imperial Winter Court, but can't quite remember the instructions. Nonetheless, he tries...

"B-besides being so... eto... pretty. What does Bayushi-san do?"
DescriptionTheme