(D0, EA) Just Passing By

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Bayushi Minae

(D0, EA) Just Passing By

Post by Bayushi Minae » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:08 am

It wasn't the best place to pick out a target. Still, as people came and went from the theater as preparations were made both for the miai and the spate of theater productions being held to amuse the guests, there could exist for a moment, a splotch of red and black studying the list of plays that were going to be performed. The hustle and bustle provided it's own cover as people were too busy to pay much attention to the Scorpion woman. However, each moment that passed increased the likelihood someone would notice....or at least start a rumor of her being too stupid to read.

Soon she was either going to have to take her shot unless another reasonable piece of in-the-open cover came along.
Scorpion Clan *Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Oh my, however did that get there?"

Seppun Yuzu

Re: (D0, EA) Just Passing By

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:59 pm

Yuzu appears from the crowd and stops right at Minae's side as he checks the name of the plays being presented i the upcoming days. That does raise an eyebrow and a potential cringey upper lip raise. He does not, however, seems to have noticed the Bayushi.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:03 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:59 pm
Yuzu appears from the crowd and stops right at Minae's side as he checks the name of the plays being presented i the upcoming days. That does raise an eyebrow and a potential cringey upper lip raise. He does not, however, seems to have noticed the Bayushi.
While the Seppun may have made no note of the Seppun, the Scorpion certainly took note of him. The way he carried himself, his facial expression....

Perfect

She approached gracefully, and once she was clearly withing the Seppun's line of vision, she bowed to him.

"Good afternoon, Seppun-sama. May Sadahako smile upon those performers so fortunate to have your attention in the coming days. I am Bayushi Minae, have you had rice today?" she offered her tone very civil and respectful towards a member of the Imperial families.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:12 pm

Bayushi Minae wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:03 pm
-snip-
Yuzu's eyes move from the board with the upcoming plays towards Minae. He provides a brief bow in return, greeting. "Certainly. Hoping Bayushi-san had a good meal, too."

He takes a moment to look at her a bit better and says, "I am Seppun Yuzu, recently appointed Governor of Chisei, and... eto... participant at the... eto... miai. So, please, treat me well."

He doesn't smile, but seems to be happy to put face to name.
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:42 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:12 pm

Yuzu's eyes move from the board with the upcoming plays towards Minae. He provides a brief bow in return, greeting. "Certainly. Hoping Bayushi-san had a good meal, too."

He takes a moment to look at her a bit better and says, "I am Seppun Yuzu, recently appointed Governor of Chisei, and... eto... participant at the... eto... miai. So, please, treat me well."

He doesn't smile, but seems to be happy to put face to name.
A crimson fan adorned with scorpions hidden with it's folds appears in Minae's hand with an almost theatrical flourish. She brings the fan up as if to warnd off the summer warmth.

"My my, Governor of Chisei." she says with an impressed tone. "Either Seppun-sama has been particularly blessed by Hamanri to have reached such lofty heights at such a young age, or particularly blessed by Jurojin to hide years of experience within the frame of a young man."

She bows a bit.

"I would be more than honored to assist you in any way that I can, Seppun-sama. You need but ask." she offers.

There is a smile hidden by the fan, but not by her eyes.

"Given our current whereabouts, it is safe to assume that Seppun-sama has a fondness for the theater?" she asks.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:53 pm

Bayushi Minae wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:42 pm
-snip-
His eyes instantly change focus as she moves her hands to pops the fan open. Yuzu's hand move closer to his saya in synchrony, but, seeing the harmless item -- which could definitely have been a blade –– he eases out and blinks a bit. A bit frustrated by the coverage, of course, but definitely more curious.

"Hamanri-kami has blessed me with the duties of my Ancestors in a distinct fashion." The boy puts it plainly, using proper words to cover up any potential displeasure.

Then he answers, "I do like plays. Not that I know many."
DescriptionTheme

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:02 pm

The Scorpion noted the Seppun's reaction and tone.

"Hm, indeed, plays are wonderful things indeed. A chance to not simply read a story, but see it come to life before your very eyes." she offered.

She gestures towards the plays list with her fan as a general might command an advance with a tessen.

"However, I am not familiar with any of these titles. This is not surprising, given the Deer's perchance for showcasing plays that are not normally performed in the more prestigious venues of the Empire, but I cannot help but wonder about what they will be about. Perhaps Seppun-sama, in his great wisdom, might divine some greater meaning from the names of the plays than I have been able to?" she asks, curious as to what he might say.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:15 pm

As she points to the list, his eyes do take a moment longer to follow the indication as they are naturally forced to study Minae features. With a nod, he turns his while body to face the board, and tactically avoid any awkwardness.

Naively, though, he falls into the trap of putting his mind out to describe expectations, as she so gently requested. He rubs his inexistent beard, and says, "Day 1: Mantis Clan is not so bad. Day 2: How to fail your lord. Day 3: How to enrage people you shouldn't. Day 4: Honorable samurai wake up early. Day 5: How to fail your lord and sepukku. Day 6: Respect the first born. Day 7: Make sure you get a good match for your Family. Day 8: How to fail your lord and not sepukku. Day 9: Do what is right and die honorably. Day 10: Do what is right and serve longer. Day 11: How to mourn and keep on. Day 12: Big guy and pretty lady. Day 13: Shugenja talk. Day 14: How to fail your lord and get your Family in shame."
DescriptionTheme

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:30 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:15 pm
As she points to the list, his eyes do take a moment longer to follow the indication as they are naturally forced to study Minae features. With a nod, he turns his while body to face the board, and tactically avoid any awkwardness.

Naively, though, he falls into the trap of putting his mind out to describe expectations, as she so gently requested. He rubs his inexistent beard, and says, "Day 1: Mantis Clan is not so bad. Day 2: How to fail your lord. Day 3: How to enrage people you shouldn't. Day 4: Honorable samurai wake up early. Day 5: How to fail your lord and sepukku. Day 6: Respect the first born. Day 7: Make sure you get a good match for your Family. Day 8: How to fail your lord and not sepukku. Day 9: Do what is right and die honorably. Day 10: Do what is right and serve longer. Day 11: How to mourn and keep on. Day 12: Big guy and pretty lady. Day 13: Shugenja talk. Day 14: How to fail your lord and get your Family in shame."
The fanflies back to the Scorpion's face as swiftly as a bird in flight.

"My, Seppun-sama is as insightful as he is decisive." she offers as way of a compliment. "It is interesting, is it not, how often the theme of failure comes up in plays? Be it the failings of an enemy crushed beneath the sandal of a victorious hero or the failings of the hero to whom fate catches up to. Has Seppun-sama perhaps seen 'The Sins of Lord Bumikari"?

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:46 am

He shakes his head. "I have not. Was he a hero fallen from grace?"

She takes control of his eyes once again.
DescriptionTheme