(D13, ME) The Guidance of Spirits by Kitsu Yakumo

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Saibankan

(D13, ME) The Guidance of Spirits by Kitsu Yakumo

Post by Saibankan » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:54 pm

A harried attendant opens the theater for the evening's production.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Shiba Raizo

Re: (D13, ME) The Guidance of Spirits by Kitsu Yakumo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:17 pm

Lady Sun rose in the east.
Water flowed downhill.

And Shiba Raizo attended the plays at Kyuden Shika.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:15 am

With the festival and the star gazing, it was a light crowd tonight, but the lanterns were darkened regardless and the show commences!

The Guidance of Spirits by Kitsu Yakumo

Yogo Hokusai, a talented painter, has always been disdainful of marriage. He travels to the castle of his deceased uncle, in an attempt to derail the marriage negotiations of his younger brother. While there, he encounters the ghost of his deceased uncle who tells him that he is wrong to do so, and that he will be visited by three more ghosts, each one his wife from a previous life. They convince Yogo Hokusai of the value of marriage, but he has already derailed the negotiations. Hokusai must frantically get the negotiations back on track using what he had learned from the ghosts.

With the guidance of the spirits and a great deal of courtly maneuvering, Hokusai is able to reuinite his brother with his fiancee. However, while he does recognize the value of marriage, rather than marry, he retires, rather than facing yet another wife in yet another life.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:43 am

Well. That was... a play all right.

Maybe not in the best taste with the recent... gaki business.
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:40 pm

Yuzu is back at his usual spot. Noticing the Shiba, he approaches and bows, "Good evening, Shiba-san. I hope Inari-kami has been kind. Please, treat me well."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:11 pm

Why hello. If Koi has her way, what torments await you...

"Good evening, Seppun-sama. How did you find the... entertainment?"
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:15 pm

"I found this one to be a very good tale. One of correcting someone's missteps with the help of the supernatural. Insightful. I feels like it incentivizes piety." He mentions, "What does Shiba-san think?"
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:18 pm

"I think it's rather an odd choice. At a miai, where we're all supposed to be paired to be married, we have a piece where the protagonist decides to eschew marriage entirely simply for personal reasons."

He shrugged.

"It seems like he learns his lesson not to mess with his brother's marriage, but still runs from his own duty simply because he knows he's done it before in prior incarnations."
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:16 pm

"I also believe it is an odd choice, but there has been worse in these last days. I believe the main intention was for the protagonist to see his errors and then fix it with proper guidance. The part where he escaped his duties is indeed not something nice. Good point, Shiba-san." He ponders, scratching his, so far, beardless chin.
DescriptionTheme

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:17 pm

"Of all the failings to give him, it just seems he was given an odd mix."
Remember to Breathe