(D12, ME) Daisuke and Kamie by Kasuga Toshi (Play)

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: (D12, ME) Daisuke and Kamie by Kasuga Toshi (Play)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:42 am

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:41 pm
Blink.

Blink.

"Of course, mutual effort for mutual gain. Yes. Naturally."
Suzume Senseki wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:01 pm
He noted the Suzume and returned the nod.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:01 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:42 am
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:41 pm
Blink.

Blink.

"Of course, mutual effort for mutual gain. Yes. Naturally."
Suzume Senseki wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:01 pm
He noted the Suzume and returned the nod.
"Ah, Shosuro-sama, Usogawa-sama", he says with a low bow when they notice him. "I was hoping to hear your thoughts on the play, although I didn't want to interrupt your discussion!"

OOC:
Sorry for the delay, wasn't feeling too well during the last few days and ended up dropping the ball!
I'd rolled an Agenda roll targetting Hikimasu, assuming a story is told, before dayflip to D13 as suggested by Sai, but ended up dropping the ball here. Maybe we can RP a bit further and get to that actually happening on-screen :)
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:08 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:01 pm
"Ah, Shosuro-sama, Usogawa-sama", he says with a low bow when they notice him. "I was hoping to hear your thoughts on the play, although I didn't want to interrupt your discussion!"
He had been nodding hello, not necessarily welcoming him over, but he didn't fault the generally chipper Sparrow. He gestured to Narumi.

"Usogawa-san and I have decided Daisuke can eat horse dung for involving Kamie in his sordid and shady affairs. How did you like it?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:18 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:08 pm
He had been nodding hello, not necessarily welcoming him over, but he didn't fault the generally chipper Sparrow. He gestured to Narumi.

"Usogawa-san and I have decided Daisuke can eat horse dung for involving Kamie in his sordid and shady affairs. How did you like it?"
Perhaps sensing some discomfort from the Scorpion, Senseki seems to hesitate to step closer for a while... but then finally does.

"Oh. Do you feel Daisuke makes Kamie a worse person for being with him, then? I... somehow had got the opposite impression, I think... I mean, of course sharing one's time and life with another one affects both, ne? But do you feel the Mantis' shady dealings got the upper hand in that?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:22 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:18 pm
"Oh. Do you feel Daisuke makes Kamie a worse person for being with him, then? I... somehow had got the opposite impression, I think... I mean, of course sharing one's time and life with another one affects both, ne? But do you feel the Mantis' shady dealings got the upper hand in that?"
"There was literally a scene where Kumo the loanshark suggests he should take her back in an alley and sully her to get the point across to Daisuke that he needs to hurry up...yes...i think that was horrible."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:41 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:22 pm
"There was literally a scene where Kumo the loanshark suggests he should take her back in an alley and sully her to get the point across to Daisuke that he needs to hurry up...yes...i think that was horrible."
"The loanshark was definitely not a likable character, that's for sure.... but then Daisuke does not agree to that, ne? And... don't you think Kamie brings some change to the Mantis' life?"

He follows that with a story, reasonably short this time, about how a corrupted yoriki changes for the better after he started a friendship, that later turns into a relationship, with a poet who, little by little, teaches him the value of honesty and correctness.

"Of course I might be wrong about where Kasuga Toshi-san may be hinting at in the play... but don't you think there might be some of that as well?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:57 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:41 pm
"The loanshark was definitely not a likable character, that's for sure.... but then Daisuke does not agree to that, ne? And... don't you think Kamie brings some change to the Mantis' life?"

He follows that with a story, reasonably short this time, about how a corrupted yoriki changes for the better after he started a friendship, that later turns into a relationship, with a poet who, little by little, teaches him the value of honesty and correctness.

"Of course I might be wrong about where Kasuga Toshi-san may be hinting at in the play... but don't you think there might be some of that as well?"
He shook his head.

"Daisuke doesn't see his future when he looks at Kamie, he sees another desire he must fight to keep", he said. "That is very different from your tale of slow building respect."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:59 am

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:57 pm
He shook his head.

"Daisuke doesn't see his future when he looks at Kamie, he sees another desire he must fight to keep", he said. "That is very different from your tale of slow building respect."
"Un", he says, nodding slowly. "Shosuro-sama would say... that's more a story about 'getting one's way' than 'love', then?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:16 am

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:59 am
"Un", he says, nodding slowly. "Shosuro-sama would say... that's more a story about 'getting one's way' than 'love', then?"
"I would, I know the type well."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:21 am

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:16 am
"I would, I know the type well."
"Oh."

The Sparrow seems at a loss for words for a moment. He takes a long breath, blinks, then a very restrained smile shows in his lips.

"Hm. I wonder, what is love for Shosuro-sama, then? Or to put it another way... if it were love that Daisuke felt, how would his behaviour in the story change?"