(D1, ME) Everyone wants to be a Sailor (Play)

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Kakita Sakura

Re: (D1, ME) Everyone wants to be a Sailor (Play)

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:02 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:56 pm
Kakita Sakura wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:38 am
Sakura blushes gently at the compliment, smiling. "Hmmmm. Those that are heavy in dialogue, for obvious reasons, I think- I have a slight preference for kabuki over noh."
"I've performed in a few Kabuki plays. They're a lot of fun, but I can understand a preference for noh. Kabuki is really energetic, the costumes can be really heavy too" Emiko shook her head "I remember falling off a stage once. It was so embarrasing."
Sakura's lips twitch slightly. “Oh, dear. How do the actors recover when incidents like that happen, incidentally?”
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:18 pm

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:02 pm
Sakura's lips twitch slightly. “Oh, dear. How do the actors recover when incidents like that happen, incidentally?”
"Well, in most cases make it look like part of the show. However, when one falls upon their father in the position he is in...let's say it was a bit more problematic" Emiko looked away slightly embarrassed "I suppose my costume was too good, they thought I was assaulting him."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:29 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:18 pm
Kakita Sakura wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:02 pm
"Well, in most cases make it look like part of the show. However, when one falls upon their father in the position he is in...let's say it was a bit more problematic" Emiko looked away slightly embarrassed "I suppose my costume was too good, they thought I was assaulting him."
Sakura hides her smile behind her fan, raising an eyebrow. “Oh dear. One hopes it was all sorted quickly enough though, ne?”
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:32 pm

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:29 pm
Sakura hides her smile behind her fan, raising an eyebrow. “Oh dear. One hopes it was all sorted quickly enough though, ne?”
"Well, it was once my father stared laughing. I don't think he saw the katanas in my face from his personal guard" Emiko said with a small nervous chuckle "or they realised who I was. Either way, no cuts and I was able to get back into character relatively quickly. The show must always go on as they say, ne?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:34 pm

“Indeed so!”

Sakura smiles warmly. “I would dearly enjoy seeing you act some time, Usogawa-sama.”

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:12 pm

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:34 pm
“Indeed so!”

Sakura smiles warmly. “I would dearly enjoy seeing you act some time, Usogawa-sama.”
"I'd be happy to perform for you" Emiko said with a few nods "although hopefully without falling on top of you, ne? Has Kakita-san ever considered trying out acting?"

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:27 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:46 am

"Zeni for your thoughts, Matsu-san? Have to say, there weren't a *lot* of sailors in there."
"Yes, a strange title choice indeed. Wait... It hints at the... Ah. The second miai. It works out best." He nods, looking just a touch proud that he'd made sense of that. Then he turns pensive again. "But is the moral of the story that your first miai may not go well, and your second will be better?"
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:17 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:51 am
The young lady bowed. "This one is Kaito Oubaihime." She took a seat beside the man. "It is an honor to meet you Lion sama. Has Inari blessed you this day?"
The Kitsu nodded - a wry smile almost dared to cross his face, but it didn't. Thus, he appeared to speak with the actuality that one might read a report on this year's harvest.

"Indeed, Inari did - if I may, it appears that Benten has blessed yours. It certainly gives a unique taste, no?"

There is still time before the play began, he mused.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:50 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:17 pm

The Kitsu nodded - a wry smile almost dared to cross his face, but it didn't. Thus, he appeared to speak with the actuality that one might read a report on this year's harvest.

"Indeed, Inari did - if I may, it appears that Benten has blessed yours. It certainly gives a unique taste, no?"

There is still time before the play began, he mused.
Oubaihime tilted her head puzzled. "Has she?" She shook it off. "Romance in a theater sounds interesting notion... I hope you feel bless by it as well." The girl gave a friendly smile.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:16 pm

Shiba Tomoe wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:15 am
Present somewhere in the crowd, Tomoe had mostly stayed back from any other attendees and watched the play with clear enrapture. It was an excellent show to watch and way to relax after her day and afternoon sparring. She reacts at all the appropriate moments and applauds at the end. As it comes to completion, she wonders if she might discuss it with anyone.
As the Suzume had not come to speak with him as he had hoped, another person who had sought some privacy during viewing noticed another with a similar idea. He moved his seat location and sat down near the Shiba and greeted with a head bow. "Good evening Shiba-san, I am Kitsu Murato. I hope you enjoyed the play," he said, gauging her reaction. He definitely had a soft, easy smile.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen