(D1, ME) Everyone wants to be a Sailor (Play)

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: (D1, ME) Everyone wants to be a Sailor (Play)

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:21 am

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:58 pm
Seeing the lonely Lion Oubaihime approached the man. "Good Evening Sama... may I accompany you?"
Slightly surprised by the appearance and approach of the Phoenix, the Lion bows almost on reflex.

"Ah, of course - it would be my honour to join you this evening."

Looking over the Kaito for a moment, he found he remembered the visage from the gift giving this morning, although they hadn't been formally introduced.

"Thought I don't believe we've formally exchanged names - this one is Kitsu Moshumaru. To whom do I owe the pleasure?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:38 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:15 am
Ishioka nods to Yasu's questions, fully preferring later and a different location. To the lighter questions, he begins to respond slowly.

"I am mostly well and... Trying to look forward to what comes after this. I have no particular expectations. I am... trying to organize my thoughts about what seems desirable in a match. I spoke to a samurai-ko yesterday who suggested sharing that with the nakodo could help ensure the most successful match." Ishioka shrugs like he doesn't know if he believes that, but his tone of voice is genuine that he is organizing his thoughts.
Yasu nods. "That seems right. It's always better to have more information than less, neh? If your family just wanted to lock up a treaty with you, they'd have done that. Sending you to the Shika? Well they're famous for harmonious matches, not just good on paper matches, you know?"

"Who'd you talk to with that sensible sort of advice then?"
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:58 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:38 am
Yasu nods. "That seems right. It's always better to have more information than less, neh? If your family just wanted to lock up a treaty with you, they'd have done that. Sending you to the Shika? Well they're famous for harmonious matches, not just good on paper matches, you know?"

Ishioka nods along with Yasu.

"The Otter... Usogawa Narumi? She fancies herself a future nakodo," he says, clearly still skeptical, although his guardedness had eased with Yasu's endorsement. "She seemed eager to be of help. Perhaps too eager," he says, identifying the source of his unease. A breath later, Ishioka slowly shook his head. "Or she wants to spend time with me and I'm too..." He just trails off, not sure what to call it.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:06 am

With the audience gathered and the players assembled, the lanterns are lowered, and the presentation of the play begins!

Everyone Wants to be a Sailor:

The play opens with Doji Yohachi, a noted calligrapher, in a sake bar, crying over a letter from his first romantic partner, Kitsu Rei. He reflects upon their courtship in winter court a few years ago, and how nothing came of it. She married into the Lion clan and her letter is to inform him of the birth of their first child. He considers burning the letter, but is unable to let go of this reminder of their romance.

Winter court comes, and Doji Yohachi finds himself deeply involved in the Game of Letters to dull the pain of his loss. What starts as simply an exchange to show their cleverness blooms into an indirect anonymous courtship between Doji Yohachi and Ide Joruri. However, due to several misunderstandings in the game, both are left with the distinct impression that the person they are courting with is a member of the Mantis clan.

Meanwhile in another Winter Court, Kitsu Rei's husband becomes involved in a shii duel, and tragically loses his life. This causes Kitsu Rei to return to her family to mourn him in Doji Yohachi's city. However, despite her no longer being married, Yohachi comes to the realization that he no longer wishes to marry Kitsu Rei. A mixture of fondness for the courtship and the fact that he could not have her caused him to overly romanticize the idea. Who he wishes to marry now is Ide Joruri.....who is on her way to a miai in the Mantis lands!

Yohachi managed to get an invite to the miai, and after several misunderstandings revolving around the fact that both Yohachi and Joruri think they're looking for a Mantis, the two find each other and wed.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:09 am

Thank fuck I never dabbled in the Game of Letters, if that's where it gets you.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:24 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:58 am
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:38 am

Ishioka nods along with Yasu.

"The Otter... Usogawa Narumi? She fancies herself a future nakodo," he says, clearly still skeptical, although his guardedness had eased with Yasu's endorsement. "She seemed eager to be of help. Perhaps too eager," he says, identifying the source of his unease. A breath later, Ishioka slowly shook his head. "Or she wants to spend time with me and I'm too..." He just trails off, not sure what to call it.
Yasu helpfully fills in, "dense? oblivious? blind to romantic hints?" It's really like a soot-blackened pot telling an iron-dark tetsubin that it need to lighten up, but that hasn't stopped her before. Which reminds her. "Did you see Aiko around before you left?"

"Anyway, Usogawa-san is a very friendly woman, and personable. She'll probably be fine as a nakodo, and the Otter could use her, new and small as they are."

The lights dim for the start of the play though, and Yasu whispers, just before it begins. "Remind me to tell you about the *other* Otter I've met later though..."

There's a lot of tremendously amusing misunderstandings throughout, and Yasu's hearty laugh is easy to hear, urging the actors onward to their happy ending, which is greeted with enthusiastic applause by the Crab, at least.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:30 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:24 am
Yasu helpfully fills in, "dense? oblivious? blind to romantic hints?" It's really like a soot-blackened pot telling an iron-dark tetsubin that it need to lighten up, but that hasn't stopped her before. Which reminds her. "Did you see Aiko around before you left?"

"Anyway, Usogawa-san is a very friendly woman, and personable. She'll probably be fine as a nakodo, and the Otter could use her, new and small as they are."

The lights dim for the start of the play though, and Yasu whispers, just before it begins. "Remind me to tell you about the *other* Otter I've met later though..."

There's a lot of tremendously amusing misunderstandings throughout, and Yasu's hearty laugh is easy to hear, urging the actors onward to their happy ending, which is greeted with enthusiastic applause by the Crab, at least.
Yasu's comments give Ishioka a fair amount to think about, but all of that is sidelined as he watches the play. While the death of the minor character in a duel doesn't sit especially well, Ishioka overall enjoys the play and likewise applauds vigorously at the end.

When Yasu turns to him, she'll see his face looking deeply pensive, as though he's grappling with a serious question and making little progress.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:46 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:30 am

Yasu's comments give Ishioka a fair amount to think about, but all of that is sidelined as he watches the play. While the death of the minor character in a duel doesn't sit especially well, Ishioka overall enjoys the play and likewise applauds vigorously at the end.

When Yasu turns to him, she'll see his face looking deeply pensive, as though he's grappling with a serious question and making little progress.
"Zeni for your thoughts, Matsu-san? Have to say, there weren't a *lot* of sailors in there."

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:54 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:13 pm
Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:38 pm
"Oh, Kakita-sama" Emiko bowed to the woman, and gave her a smile "I hope you are well. Are you looking forward to the performance?"
“Indeed I am, Usogawa-sama- and would enjoy it even more with company, if you might be willing?”

A forwards gesture, perhaps, but one that could be easily interpreted as friendship as well.
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:26 pm
Sakura can't see, but her servant surely will, the lift of darkly painted eyebrows at the announcement that Sakura was a duelist. "Huh, I guess it is. I think a blind duelist would be the perfect candidate for a fortune of discarded expectations. I'm pleased to meet her." The bemused smile might be heard, somewhat, in her words.
“And I you, Kuni-san. If you wish to watch me spar, I am certain there will be the opportunity during this Miai.”

There's a challenge there, in response to the bemusement. See how Sakura can defy expectations.
Emiko looked slightly confused but bowed as others she hadn't noticed retreated from the Kakita womans side.

"Was it something I said?" She asked quietly, before nodding "and hai, I'd be happy to sit with you. Can I help you to the seating area?"

Once they had found their way forward to the seating areas (Sakura likely being further forward than usual due to Emiko going towards where she would normally go) they found their seats and the play started!
the play wrote: With the audience gathered and the players assembled, the lanterns are lowered, and the presentation of the play begins!

Everyone Wants to be a Sailor:

The play opens with Doji Yohachi, a noted calligrapher, in a sake bar, crying over a letter from his first romantic partner, Kitsu Rei. He reflects upon their courtship in winter court a few years ago, and how nothing came of it. She married into the Lion clan and her letter is to inform him of the birth of their first child. He considers burning the letter, but is unable to let go of this reminder of their romance.

Winter court comes, and Doji Yohachi finds himself deeply involved in the Game of Letters to dull the pain of his loss. What starts as simply an exchange to show their cleverness blooms into an indirect anonymous courtship between Doji Yohachi and Ide Joruri. However, due to several misunderstandings in the game, both are left with the distinct impression that the person they are courting with is a member of the Mantis clan.

Meanwhile in another Winter Court, Kitsu Rei's husband becomes involved in a shii duel, and tragically loses his life. This causes Kitsu Rei to return to her family to mourn him in Doji Yohachi's city. However, despite her no longer being married, Yohachi comes to the realization that he no longer wishes to marry Kitsu Rei. A mixture of fondness for the courtship and the fact that he could not have her caused him to overly romanticize the idea. Who he wishes to marry now is Ide Joruri.....who is on her way to a miai in the Mantis lands!

Yohachi managed to get an invite to the miai, and after several misunderstandings revolving around the fact that both Yohachi and Joruri think they're looking for a Mantis, the two find each other and wed.
Emiko had her fan up, and she tried to quietly explain what the people were doing on stage so Sakura could follow along with the words.
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:36 am

Sakura is very appreciative- and giggles several times during the performance at the sheer ridiculousness.

“Usogawa-sama, I can't partake in the Game of Letters for… obvious reasons. Is this sort of thing common? These misunderstandings?”
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.