(D1, ME) Everyone wants to be a Sailor (Play)

Here some of the Empire's most daring plays are performed
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: (D1, ME) Everyone wants to be a Sailor (Play)

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:26 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:50 pm
Oubaihime tilted her head puzzled. "Has she?" She shook it off. "Romance in a theater sounds interesting notion... I hope you feel bless by it as well." The girl gave a friendly smile.
The Lion returned a smile and a nod himself, letting him enjoy the company that had found its way to him tonight.

- - -
With the audience gathered and the players assembled, the lanterns are lowered, and the presentation of the play begins!

Everyone Wants to be a Sailor:
Of course the writer of the fallen would find his sympathies with the fallen. That said, it was an... interesting piece. He wished they had spent more time on the miai, however - it might have given some useful information.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:17 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:50 pm
Of course the play ends with a miai, and while Narumi feels called out by the constant misunderstandings of the main character, overall she very much enjoys the play all together, and adds her applause when it's over.
Raizo glanced sidelong at the Otter.

Well. She seemed to like it, along with most everybody else.

He... wasn't really sure how he felt. It was all so deeply alien to his experience- not just the play, but what the play was about.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:23 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:17 pm
[...]
She looks to the Phoenix and considers him. "You look pensive. What did you make of the play? I felt it was an interesting study of the storied relationship between following one's head, or one's heart."
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:28 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:23 pm
She looks to the Phoenix and considers him. "You look pensive. What did you make of the play? I felt it was an interesting study of the storied relationship between following one's head, or one's heart."
"I... don't think I got it. There wasn't anything in it I really... relate to."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:42 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:28 pm
[...]
"Perhaps we should set aside some time later on to further discuss what Shiba-san does relate to?" Narumi gave an inviting smile.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:47 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:42 pm
"Perhaps we should set aside some time later on to further discuss what Shiba-san does relate to?" Narumi gave an inviting smile.
He gave a wry grin.

"Sure. It won't take long, so whenever you feel up to it, just let me know!"
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:50 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:47 pm
[...]
"Oh but I suspect we can find plenty to discuss further! I look forward to getting to know Phoenix-san in a friendlier setting. I've enjoyed our clandestine meeting so far," and the affirmation touches her eyes, adding creases to the corners as she smiles just so.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:54 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:50 pm
"Oh but I suspect we can find plenty to discuss further! I look forward to getting to know Phoenix-san in a friendlier setting. I've enjoyed our clandestine meeting so far," and the affirmation touches her eyes, adding creases to the corners as she smiles just so.
"Well, if nothing else, we need to swap stories, hm?"
Remember to Breathe

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:27 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:12 pm
Kakita Sakura wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:34 pm
“Indeed so!”

Sakura smiles warmly. “I would dearly enjoy seeing you act some time, Usogawa-sama.”
"I'd be happy to perform for you" Emiko said with a few nods "although hopefully without falling on top of you, ne? Has Kakita-san ever considered trying out acting?"
“Hmmmm, I can't say I have.”

Sakura hums. “It’s not something we Kakita tend to focus on. Whether I ever might consider it…perhaps.”
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:32 pm

Late as usual, Inoshishi has again changed clothes from the last time anyone saw her. She rarely gets to play dress up, traveling as she does, so she’s making the most of it. Tonight’s ensemble is clearly inspired by the monks she grew up with. Her kimono is daringly straight on her legs, like the strange pants the Togashi wear to perform martial arts. The top is ablaze with figures picked out, each looking like a Dragon tattoo.

She looks at the description and smiles giddily. Plays, like stories in general, are amazing. And unlike most stories, she doesn’t know this one.

Whether she looks happily intrigued or grinning like the joker is up to the viewer, but suffice to say she’s happy.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai