[D9, MA] A Song In Your Heart

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kitsuki Hajime

Re: [D9, MA] A Song In Your Heart

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:04 pm

Shiba Taemon wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:25 pm
Taemon nods.

"That holds true in the lands of the Phoenix as well. I take it then that Hajime-sam has found his time in Kyuden Shika particularly dinspiring?" he asked.
"To a degree. I think it would be difficult not to have an idea or two about the hopes, duties, and desires bouncing off one another here, but ultimately I think it will be the flower poems that get published. People get uncomfortable with poetry that doesn't wrap difficult feelings in layers upon layers of petals. They are far more likely to accept it in a play or a pillowbook. I am not sure why." He shrugged. "Genre conventions, I suppose. Are you a reader, Taemon-san?"
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Shiba Taemon

Post by Shiba Taemon » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:27 pm

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:04 pm
Shiba Taemon wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:25 pm
Taemon nods.

"That holds true in the lands of the Phoenix as well. I take it then that Hajime-sam has found his time in Kyuden Shika particularly dinspiring?" he asked.
"To a degree. I think it would be difficult not to have an idea or two about the hopes, duties, and desires bouncing off one another here, but ultimately I think it will be the flower poems that get published. People get uncomfortable with poetry that doesn't wrap difficult feelings in layers upon layers of petals. They are far more likely to accept it in a play or a pillowbook. I am not sure why." He shrugged. "Genre conventions, I suppose. Are you a reader, Taemon-san?"
"Mostly to better myself. The Tao, Leadership, and the Sword, primarily. I don't inherently dislike poetry, but I think there are many people who write poetry without trying to actually say anything, if that makes sense." he offers. "Perhaps Hajime-san could share some poetry with me that means more than 'I know how to count syllables'?"
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Miai Candidate

"This is no laughing matter."

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:37 pm

Shiba Taemon wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:27 pm

"Mostly to better myself. The Tao, Leadership, and the Sword, primarily. I don't inherently dislike poetry, but I think there are many people who write poetry without trying to actually say anything, if that makes sense." he offers. "Perhaps Hajime-san could share some poetry with me that means more than 'I know how to count syllables'?"
Hajime smiled gently. "I understand Taemon-san's frustration. The nobles in my family are not famous for their appreciation of fine art, so one often hears rather crude poetry, and of course I am not commissioned to write piercing truths about the state of man, just travelogue and occasional flattery. But I write some, from time to time, to prove to myself that I still can. Let's see...

A world of dew,

And within every dewdrop

A world of struggle."
(--Kobayashi Issa)

He looked over at Taemon. "Does that pass muster, Taemon-san?"
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Shiba Taemon

Post by Shiba Taemon » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:20 pm

Taemon nodded.

"It is well crafted, but I think that recited by you makes it...something more than words upon a page." he offered.

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:39 pm

Shiba Taemon wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:20 pm
Taemon nodded.

"It is well crafted, but I think that recited by you makes it...something more than words upon a page." he offered.
"Taemon-san is..." he had been about to say 'a flatterer,' but somehow he doubted that insincerity was really part of Shiba Taemon's idiom. Instead, he said "very generous."

"Part of the reason may be because I am largely self-taught, and I picked up performance by observation. You'd never guess it, but my real training is in crime fighting."

Shiba Taemon

Post by Shiba Taemon » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:18 pm

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:39 pm

"Taemon-san is..." he had been about to say 'a flatterer,' but somehow he doubted that insincerity was really part of Shiba Taemon's idiom. Instead, he said "very generous."

"Part of the reason may be because I am largely self-taught, and I picked up performance by observation. You'd never guess it, but my real training is in crime fighting."
Tameon considered that.
"Interesting, Hajime-san. I realize that your family is known for their rather...unorthodox methods for doing so. Are you attached to a clan magistrate?" he asked, ciurious.

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:45 am

Shiba Taemon wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:18 pm

Tameon considered that.
"Interesting, Hajime-san. I realize that your family is known for their rather...unorthodox methods for doing so. Are you attached to a clan magistrate?" he asked, ciurious.
"I'm afraid not, Taemon-san. When Lord Shunsuke discovered I could write, he rescinded my yoriki assignment and had my wings clipped. I am very much a songbird now." He smiled impishly. "Or very near to it, in any case. I have been sprung from my cage twice now, and it is not entirely unreasonable to think that Lord Kitsuki's requirements for me might expand if I continue to perform well."

He smiled. "So, a bit of a messy career path ahead, it would seem. If I am lucky, that is. But not a magistracy, most likely. Not unless I marry out and my new lord is rather open minded." He turned to Taemon. "Not that a fulfilling career is the only way to be fulfilled, I suppose. Are you...what are your plans, Taemon-san?"

Shiba Taemon

Post by Shiba Taemon » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:59 am

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:45 am

"I'm afraid not, Taemon-san. When Lord Shunsuke discovered I could write, he rescinded my yoriki assignment and had my wings clipped. I am very much a songbird now." He smiled impishly. "Or very near to it, in any case. I have been sprung from my cage twice now, and it is not entirely unreasonable to think that Lord Kitsuki's requirements for me might expand if I continue to perform well."

He smiled. "So, a bit of a messy career path ahead, it would seem. If I am lucky, that is. But not a magistracy, most likely. Not unless I marry out and my new lord is rather open minded." He turned to Taemon. "Not that a fulfilling career is the only way to be fulfilled, I suppose. Are you...what are your plans, Taemon-san?"
A small shrug.

"Yojimbo duties most likely. Probably one of the minor Phoenix courts." he admitted. "Which is not the worst fate, it is comforting to have one's friends and family within easy travel."

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:34 pm

Shiba Taemon wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:59 am

A small shrug.

"Yojimbo duties most likely. Probably one of the minor Phoenix courts." he admitted. "Which is not the worst fate, it is comforting to have one's friends and family within easy travel."
"Hai, that is so. I think I would miss father and my siblings. Mother, too, though she can be trying." He sighed. "Not that I think she is a dragon-lady. I mean, she is a Dragon lady, but not of the evil mother-in-law variety. I hope I haven't muddled that up completely." He smiled, a little embarrassed.