(D8, EA) This Won’t Do for You

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Seppun Yuzu

Re: (D8, EA) This Won’t Do for You

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:07 pm

As they stroll rapidly across the garden, Yuzu starts to rub his temple, trying to avoid eye contact. He fails miserably as the amazon keeps up in pursuit explaining her mind. "Shinsei was a monk. Not a bushi. The test was a couple of days ago. Why do I even need to learn kyujustu by now?"

He gruffs, mocking the kind tentatives of the Utaku, "Should I do weightlifting?"
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:17 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:07 pm
As they stroll rapidly across the garden, Yuzu starts to rub his temple, trying to avoid eye contact. He fails miserably as the amazon keeps up in pursuit explaining her mind. "Shinsei was a monk. Not a bushi. The test was a couple of days ago. Why do I even need to learn kyujustu by now?"

He gruffs, mocking the kind tentatives of the Utaku, "Should I do weightlifting?"
"It is not meant to be literally that , it is like a koan. Its ... Okay, Sepun-Dono, as someone who is used to young bushi coming to her to find a steed that fits with them. I am seeing some parts , but saying them might sound ...lacking in respect to you. But I feel that like the bushi that gets cut in a fight, it will make you a better warrior." She says as she finally overtakes him and tries to block his way .
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:27 pm

As Kheree passes over, he stops before he actually bumps into all that.

Yuzu takes a moment to mull over the the last koan as his eyes go up to meet her eyes and he narrows them. He enjoys being called -dono, that is clear. He also enjoys staying nearby to Utaku –– which is not so clear. Yuzu replies, "I have never been hit before. Also, the warrior who gets cut, often dies first. The better warrior keeps on fighting."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:12 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:27 pm
As Kheree passes over, he stops before he actually bumps into all that.

Yuzu takes a moment to mull over the the last koan as his eyes go up to meet her eyes and he narrows them. He enjoys being called -dono, that is clear. He also enjoys staying nearby to Utaku –– which is not so clear. Yuzu replies, "I have never been hit before. Also, the warrior who gets cut, often dies first. The better warrior keeps on fighting."
"But the warrior who has never been cut does not understand the pain, and so he will not learn to pace himself because he believes himself invincible." she says as she calmly looks into his eyes .
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:13 pm

Utaku Kheree wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:12 am
"But the warrior who has never been cut does not understand the pain, and so he will not learn to pace himself because he believes himself invincible." she says as she calmly looks into his eyes .
"I... should be invincible." He presses his lips in frustration, "But these trials are... odd. They bring me down, in the very moment I shouldn't."

Yuzu shakes his head and bows apologetically, "I should have left prior." True, but she's just too entrapping for him to dismiss. He mentions, "I don't want to bother Utaku-san with this sort of whining... it is not proper."
DescriptionTheme

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:03 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:13 pm
Utaku Kheree wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:12 am
"I... should be invincible." He presses his lips in frustration, "But these trials are... odd. They bring me down, in the very moment I shouldn't."

Yuzu shakes his head and bows apologetically, "I should have left prior." True, but she's just too entrapping for him to dismiss. He mentions, "I don't want to bother Utaku-san with this sort of whining... it is not proper."
"Do you hold a pen and a flower with the same strengh which with you hold your sword? And respectfully I must say that your words in this garden are not what is whining , and so neither of our honors is besmirched."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:04 pm

Utaku Kheree wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:03 pm
"Do you hold a pen and a flower with the same strengh which with you hold your sword? And respectfully I must say that your words in this garden are not what is whining , and so neither of our honors is besmirched."
"As matter of fact..." The young Seppun rubs his chin, since, perhaps, the Utaku wasn't instructed in the proper way of the samurai, being of the Unicorn and what not. "Both in Kenjutsu and Iaijustu, both hands cannot have a firm grip of the blade. So, it is definitely not the same strength, but with the same amount of zenshi, care and smoothness."
DescriptionTheme

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:47 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:04 pm
Utaku Kheree wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:03 pm
"As matter of fact..." The young Seppun rubs his chin, since, perhaps, the Utaku wasn't instructed in the proper way of the samurai, being of the Unicorn and what not. "Both in Kenjutsu and Iaijustu, both hands cannot have a firm grip of the blade. So, it is definitely not the same strength, but with the same amount of zenshi, care and smoothness."
"And you also know of the idea that to archive peace of mind, working harder, can hinder one at archiving it?" she says after a moment "He who tries to clean his mind by force, insted of softly finds new distractions at every step"

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:14 am

“Ok. Ok. I get it.” He says, nearly breaking his On, “I should try to relax, I understand. I am just not built that way. I have several people expecting great things of me. If I fail, I am a disgrace. If I succeed, that’s just what I was supposed to do. Many would think my life is simple and filled with privilege, but in fact, it is not. The pressure and responsibility are nearly unbearable.”

A deep breath and he steels up, “So. I can’t simply relax. As I can’t allow this bad Fortune to spread.”
DescriptionTheme

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:55 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:14 am
“Ok. Ok. I get it.” He says, nearly breaking his On, “I should try to relax, I understand. I am just not built that way. I have several people expecting great things of me. If I fail, I am a disgrace. If I succeed, that’s just what I was supposed to do. Many would think my life is simple and filled with privilege, but in fact, it is not. The pressure and responsibility are nearly unbearable.”

A deep breath and he steels up, “So. I can’t simply relax. As I can’t allow this bad Fortune to spread.”
"Well , if you are not suceeding. What can you say might be a reason for you to fail, that diverts the attention away from you? Look at the Topaz championship, so many events and in the end it is only the duel that matters, You could raise a rumor about a bad omen that was seen on the way, so that explains why you failed. After all with the eyes of heaven, those not of heaven will also want to make you fall. Talk about how a priest and bushi are not suceeding at the same tasks, Clearly those tasks are not aimed at Kuges. "She takes a deep breath as she slows to normal speed. " I mean the heires here is also not suceeding well ...I think?"