[Day 8, Mid-Afternoon] Surface Tension (Open)

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 8, Mid-Afternoon] Surface Tension (Open)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:04 pm

Raizo smiled.

"But too late to do me any good, right?"
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:09 pm

He didn't answer, he simply plucked some grass from the ground off the garden path.

An odd way to apologize.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:12 pm

"See, that's what amuses me about what everyone says about your Clan, Shosuro-san. After all of these centuries, they still have the gall to get offended about people who are... quite honest, in their way."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:16 pm

"There's no need to sympathize so much, really", he said. "We also lie quite a bit."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:22 pm

"Yes, but everyone acts so surprised when you lie, even though you all wear masks to remind us of that fact. I'm not saying everything your Clan does is admirable. I'm just saying that acting surprised or offended when a group of people who run a place called the City of Lies, wear masks as a matter of course, and make no pretense of their ruthlessness lie, deceive, or do something ruthless is... silly."
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:30 pm

"True, but to be fair to everyone else, I've been treated with a lot of apprehension and suspicion", he said, the smile readable from his tone.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:35 pm

"Yeah, but where does that get anyone?"

He rose to his feet, still standing on the top of the pond, and stretched.

"I mean, let's say I was friends with a Lion or a Crane. If his lord ordered him to try to kill me in a duel, nobody would bat an eye if he did it. He'd be commended for his dedication to Duty. That's just as real a risk as anything you guys do. So. May as well enjoy the pleasant parts of knowing you, hm?"
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:39 pm

"It's sounding more and more like you're going to ask me to do something", he said with a chuckle.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:42 pm

"Nah. I do my own dirty work, after all..."

He appeared to be joking.

"But I do enjoy our conversations, rare as they are. Talking with you is refreshingly free from the bullshit that clutters up so many of my other social endeavors."

The Phoenix walked off of the pond.
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:48 pm

"You're welcome", he said, taking the compliment instead of reading it as an insult, which is exactly the reason Raizo could say it. He stood up as well and met him at the pond edge. "Though honestly, i can't say you're wrong much, we're all just samurai."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description