[Day 8, Mid-Afternoon] Surface Tension (Open)

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 8, Mid-Afternoon] Surface Tension (Open)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:10 am

"My usual. Pining for a woman who's probably a terrible match by the standards of the matchmakers, shining in society like a frozen puddle of piss, and going steadily insane from being cooped up for so long with so little certainty. Unless you mean how I can get the water to support me- that's a little bit of family history which stands out only because it's only somewhat dull as opposed to completely."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:01 pm

"Right...right...well, it's the same for me", he said. "Some people are gifted with greatness, others win it in a game of Fortunes and Winds." A slight chuckle. "Really a match is a match, and you're a soldier, and you have siblings don't you?"
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:36 pm

"Actually, no. I don't. Part of why I'm here, i think. Not just the whole, 'you need to get married, and yesterday' angle, but... I think there might be some hopes that my marriage will be more... productive than my parents'."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:10 pm

"Oh...well, clan's have expectations, I guess."

the giant pile of asshats.

"Well, you're a Phoenix, marry a shugenja, foster a kid to the Isawa, you've basically won at that point." He shrugged.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:17 pm

"All according to plan, eh?"

He paused.

"I mean, I haven't been subtle, and the woman I'm interested in is a shugenja, so..."
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:19 pm

"Maybe talk to Pei Pei-sama about it...unless you already have, then just don't worry", he said. "If she knows and your intended is on board, and you don't think you'll be snatched up by someone who wants a Shiba yojimbo to look after the rest of their lives, then I don't see an issue. Marriage creates status anyway."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:44 pm

"Oh, if anyone else has a shred of interest, it would be news to me..."
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:46 pm

"I met her for a short moment several days ago, she seemed uncertain how to treat a Scorpion", Hikimasu said. "Unsurprising, and forgivable."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:56 pm

"Funny. See, I think people not knowing how to treat a Scorpion is the way your Clan likes it, so I just treat you guys like samurai. Seems to work for me so far."
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:59 pm

"I suppose that is normal, and we prefer being treated like samurai, thank you", he bowed his head slightly. "If another method is required you can be certain you will know it immediately."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description